The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
New Minigame.
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »
So this is my idea for a new minigame.

It is a survival-style minigame, based upon solo OR team play, depending on what you choose. There are up to 4 players that can play in a single game at a time in team play. The goal of this game is to make it as far as possible into the games waves of monsters without being killed.

You start off basic, with only a bronze dagger, and a wooden shield, a shortbow and 1000 bronze arrows, or a air staff with 1000 mind runes (depending on which attack style you have chosen to play with) with no armor to wear. All basic tools are spawned across the map. This minigame requires the use of basic skills (fishing, cooking, firemaking, woodcutting, fletching, runecrafting, herblore) to aid in defeating monsters, therefore, you need to have basic knowledge of these skills, as they are extremely useful to help you progress further. Various useful items are dropped by monsters, in low quantities, each with the same droprate. (Logs, bowstrings, rune essence, various uncooked and cooked food types, Astral Tiara, and potion ingredients)

This game is based upon waves of different monsters that slowly get more powerful as you progress through the waves.

For example:

Wave 1: 1 level 2 Goblin
Wave 2: 2 level 2 goblins
Wave 3: 4 level 2 Goblins
Wave 4: 8 level 2 Goblins
Wave 5: 2 level 10 Goblins
Wave 6: 4 level 10 Goblins

As you can see, the monsters are very weak at first, but get progressively harder as the game advances.

There would have to be a runecrafting altar with all rune types available to craft.

This game would be unique. the only reward from it is the xp you gain inside. If anyone has ideas about a second possible currency, and possible cosmetic rewards, leave a suggestion.

Tickets These are used to buy better equipment to use inside of the game, as it is not available any other way. Equipment such as new weapons, arrows, armor, and vials of water would be available for purchase in a shop inside the game before the waves start. Upon exiting the game, all items bought from the shop are removed, and saved until you enter the game again, where you will still be able to use the items you bought.

Tickets are awarded based upon the wave of enemies you have reached.
Higher wave = more tickets gained upon completion of wave.

Make suggestions, I want to know what you think. I also need a possible area this could be located in as well. Tell me what you like/don't like.

If you read the whole thing, thanks!

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: New Minigame.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »
A survival-type minigame would be cool!

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:04:40 pm »
I don't mind actually so you got my support.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:38 pm »
This would actually be a good substitute for dungeoneering, as it could use ALL of the dungeoneering items which we already have models for and everything.
It would also make sure people wouldn't be able to smuggle anything of value out. Though this is quite a long shot.

The idea itself is great, would love something like this.
;

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 08:31:59 am »
So you mean zombies minigame?

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »

Yes, now that I think about it, this is almost exactly like zombies lmao.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »
When I read the first portion, it is very similar to dungeoneering. This is a good idea. However, we had that dungeoneering skill. The only setback is if dungeoneering would to be implement in the future, what will happen if this minigame later on after dungeoneering?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 08:06:04 pm »
Right, that's the problem with it. I don't know, it just seemed like an interesting idea, so I put it out there.

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 12:13:58 am »
    If this is to be a Co-op Dungeon Arena it'd be awesome! Although it does kinda sound like what Edwin said :t: 

When I read the first portion, it is very similar to dungeoneering. This is a good idea. However, we had that dungeoneering skill. The only setback is if dungeoneering would to be implement in the future, what will happen if this minigame later on after dungeoneering?

but if it were to be more like

Yes, now that I think about it, this is almost exactly like zombies lmao.

It would make more sense IMO that instead of having a speed run dungeoneering. Make it be more like World at War and Boderlands zombies/arenas where you have to rack up points to get better gear/wait until the wave ends to rack up the supplies while the npc's increasingly get harder/you get better armour.. have npc's drop armour box sets? and allow food drops/have a lowering limited amount of bandages spawn every round.. on a table decreasingly? pickups/box set opening; only within the miningame.
     Such that if there were to say a timer of 3 minutes to kill 20 goblins lvl 3,(a task likely given to a group of 4) then if people complete it before that 3 min mark then they must then face 30 hobgoblins lvl 28 and defeat them in less than 5 minutes. Otherwise let them continue to fight low level npcs with 1 tier armour. Until the sequential round so that they may continue fairly. So if, they fail to complete a specific wave twice or more times they will get a higher tier armour. While the rate of recieving higher tier armour will decrease as they progress; thus if they fail 2 times the second wave then they will receive 3rd tier armor instead of second tier, but if they fail 2 times on the third wave then it'd be necessary to have larger amount of attempts to get 4th tier armour. So it'd be similar to Jad/nightmare-zone (osrs). But instead of a specific kind of npc or a conglomeration of bosses, it'd be waves of different standard npcs.
    And players should have a penalty, so maybe have every attempt that is failed reset the points gained from that wave, until it is passed; leaving previous points gained untouched.
    Maybe we could have separate co-op arenas which one would be like what the original minigame suggestion's intent was speed run dungeoneering; co-op combat or specific skilling based arena But the exp-gain would need to be distributed evenly each wave and only slightly higher than the avg. exp gain for the each wave's progress.. For the skilling arena. And it would be similar to the combat one but it'd be like make 20 cakes in 3 minutes (in a party of 4) and give everyone a 4th of the total exp gained... Thus it'd be more like mario party in a way. :3

TL;DR...

Is this going to be an arena style minigame? No obstacles just a platform? Samurai armour, ele bow (make it shoot a single color fireworks), top hat w/ monicle and stash (for kittens maybe), "deal with it" shades w/ slide emote, a philosoraptor pet, and or pets from hunter as custom cosmetics please?

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 03:55:53 pm »
This would actually be a good substitute for dungeoneering, as it could use ALL of the dungeoneering items which we already have models for and everything.
It would also make sure people wouldn't be able to smuggle anything of value out. Though this is quite a long shot.

Why not Dungeoneering itself then? Without op rewards, only the dungeons. ^^
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Reemster, Ledomy10

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 04:01:48 pm »

I'd see no problems with that, I actually love the dungeoneering skill itself.
Problem is some people might bash at it even if it doesn't have OP rewards, a custom skill might be a better idea.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 04:03:57 pm »

I'd see no problems with that, I actually love the dungeoneering skill itself.
Problem is some people might bash at it even if it doesn't have OP rewards, a custom skill might be a better idea.

People will bash stuff without even knowing what they are exactly bashing and why lol. That's the sad truth of today.

Offline Reemster

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 08:22:56 pm »
Why not give rewards that will degrade and can't be recharged, or it needs to be charged by playing
if its a good item the minigame will stay alive because people want the items

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 11:54:34 pm »
Why not give rewards that will degrade and can't be recharged, or it needs to be charged by playing

So you mean like gravite bow, gravite 2h, and gravite staff, like in runescape? Those would be pretty neat.
Perhaps an elemental bow, elemental sword, and a staff?
Or maybe...rune bags that hold 2 types of runes at once, in small quantities that increase with upgrades bought inside the minigame, such as holding 50 of 2 different types of runes at once, then 75, then 100, then 120, then 150?

Oh, and this could also be a handy way to introduce augury and rigour instead of magic and ranged piety?

The reason I didn't just suggest dungeoneering is because I think that having a minigame like this would be more unique, which is what we all want Emps-world to be. Everyone wants this server to be unique.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:18:05 am by Bubblebeam2 »

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 12:05:38 am »
Because unless they are extremely OP, no one will want to use them in PvM, and we can't say our pvp community is all that big.
It being recharged by playing the minigame wouldn't be bad, though i'd make make it minigame tokens + coins.
;
Pages: 1 2