The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saligta5

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
  • IGN NAME IS SALIGTA OMFG STOP NOT-ASKING
    • View Profile
New custom boss@!@!@!@1
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »
I got an idea for custom boss.

That boss could be named like Evil Cultist

Location of that Evil Cultist could be somewhere close to canifis because there is no boss there (yeah I know)

The fight:

Cultist could have 5 attacks. He attacks with range and magic. He has 3 phases -

1st one would be simple attacks with mage/range

2nd one would be after he gets hit he would teleport 5 squares from the attacker and sometimes make himself invuln. from all attacks except range and mage (EDIT maybe from two ramdom attack styles)

3rd stage would be the most hardest - he sometimes would start to duplicate himself. If you attack the clone a minion would spawn that uses melee attacks and hits like 30 but he would have like 200 hp. When cultist hp gets lower than 100 he would dissapear for a moment and 3 minions that has retribution prayer (when you die everyone gets hit who stands next to them) would start attacking. After killing all three minions cultist would have 200 hp left and he would get back to 1st phase and after he reaches 0 hp he dies.

Loot - its up to you to think (maybe)

Cultist would have 1000 hp each phase.

BTW im pretty sure thats impossible to make boss like this.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:51:32 am by Saligta5 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New custom boss@!@!@!@1
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »
Loot is the very thing that makes or breaks a boss, if you don't suggest loot with your boss suggestion that doesn't make it all that convincing. That aside, in terms of boss mechanics the bossfight is pretty solid, it shouldn't be all that easy to solo for someone that doesn't know the mechanics. The thing is, would this fight be fun or annoying? Most of the mechanics seem very frustrating to go against, there isn't too much counterplay to them. When you can't do anything about the boss using a certain type of attack the fight becomes more annoying, instead of fun.

It is possible to make a boss like this, however I have to disagree with your suggestion. It failed to convince me we need this ingame.
;

Offline Saligta5

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:35:05 pm »
Loot COULD be green blue red black dragon coifs (that would be uncommon) and the best drop would be rings (i) and

Loot is the very thing that makes or breaks a boss, if you don't suggest loot with your boss suggestion that doesn't make it all that convincing. That aside, in terms of boss mechanics the bossfight is pretty solid, it shouldn't be all that easy to solo for someone that doesn't know the mechanics. The thing is, would this fight be fun or annoying? Most of the mechanics seem very frustrating to go against, there isn't too much counterplay to them. When you can't do anything about the boss using a certain type of attack the fight becomes more annoying, instead of fun.

It is possible to make a boss like this, however I have to disagree with your suggestion. It failed to convince me we need this ingame.

Sad to hear that

Offline Bad Fight

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
  • Many like to dream, but only some like to act
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 02:32:25 pm »
I have a feeling you took a few ideas from Terraria and ROTMG. The boss fight is kinda confusing, but that makes it all more fun to me.
I agree that we need a boss in Canfis (or in the swamp :kappa: )
So it's 50/50 for me

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 02:49:48 pm »
Making this wouldn't be impossible, but it would require a lot of work and testing to make the 3rd phase work as intended.

Feedback on 2nd phase: I think making melee useless against him would be silly. I'd rather prefer him becoming immune to 2 random combat styles at a time, so you would have one style left to attack him.

Imbued rings and the dragonhide coifs sound like nice loots to me. However, instead of the actual rings being dropped, the boss could drop four different kinds of imbue scrolls, one for each ring. Then you would use those scrolls on the rings that are dropped by Gargoyles :P

Offline Saligta5

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:27:28 pm »
Making this wouldn't be impossible, but it would require a lot of work and testing to make the 3rd phase work as intended.

Feedback on 2nd phase: I think making melee useless against him would be silly. I'd rather prefer him becoming immune to 2 random combat styles at a time, so you would have one style left to attack him.

Imbued rings and the dragonhide coifs sound like nice loots to me. However, instead of the actual rings being dropped, the boss could drop four different kinds of imbue scrolls, one for each ring. Then you would use those scrolls on the rings that are dropped by Gargoyles :P

Nice idea and thanks for feedback

I have a feeling you took a few ideas from Terraria and ROTMG. The boss fight is kinda confusing, but that makes it all more fun to me.
I agree that we need a boss in Canfis (or in the swamp :kappa: )
So it's 50/50 for me

The duplicate was from terraria :kappa: and whats ROTMG? Is it Lord Of the Rings?

Offline Hazerofdoom

• Liked: 56 times
  • +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:32:40 pm »
I like the idea.

More customized content and bosses will not just bring the community together (if not for a short while at least due to OH LOOK NEW SHINY THING LETS FIGURE OUT HOW IT WORKS AND HOW TO FIGHT IT) but also is a good look on the server as a whole.

(If someone sees that in advertising the RSPS has a Custom made boss it would show that a lot of effort has been put into the server and unique features are always wanted from players)

You could add a few noted Wine Of Zamorak's -- say 10-30+ as a potential drop too.
Most bosses have a drop that's used in some sort of skill, and I believe the wine would be a perfect drop for a "Cultist".
(Possibly even make the quantity range higher due to them being easy to farm anyway).

As for the fighting style, I have no idea what's good or not so I'm not going to give feedback for that.
I haven't nearly fought enough bosses to put any good input to that yet.
Need help about an issue like account and item recovery?
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Want information about something in game?
The wiki is exactly for that!

Offline Saligta5

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:06 pm »
I like the idea.

More customized content and bosses will not just bring the community together (if not for a short while at least due to OH LOOK NEW SHINY THING LETS FIGURE OUT HOW IT WORKS AND HOW TO FIGHT IT) but also is a good look on the server as a whole.

(If someone sees that in advertising the RSPS has a Custom made boss it would show that a lot of effort has been put into the server and unique features are always wanted from players)

You could add a few noted Wine Of Zamorak's -- say 10-30+ as a potential drop too.
Most bosses have a drop that's used in some sort of skill, and I believe the wine would be a perfect drop for a "Cultist".
(Possibly even make the quantity range higher due to them being easy to farm anyway).

As for the fighting style, I have no idea what's good or not so I'm not going to give feedback for that.
I haven't nearly fought enough bosses to put any good input to that yet.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 05:02:55 pm »
I think this would be a really interesting idea if the boss looked like a large shade, and you would need to use the shadowblade weapon at certain times to make him Hittable, otherwise he would be invulnerable to all damage. (Make him more translucent while in this form).

Possible drops:
Ghostly robes
Shade Robes
Please smoke runes
Smoke Battlestaff (please )
Magic Potions
Ranging Potions
Wine of Zamorak (10-15)
Crushed Nest (5-10)
Onyx Bolt tips (10-60)

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Saligta5

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 05:17:30 pm »
I think this would be a really interesting idea if the boss looked like a large shade, and you would need to use the shadowblade weapon at certain times to make him Hittable, otherwise he would be invulnerable to all damage. (Make him more translucent while in this form).

Possible drops:
Ghostly robes
Shade Robes
Please smoke runes
Smoke Battlestaff (please )
Magic Potions
Ranging Potions
Wine of Zamorak (10-15)
Crushed Nest (5-10)
Onyx Bolt tips (10-60)

AAAnd dont forget coif and scrolls to imbue rings (i hope)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 05:21:47 pm »
Imbued rings are (I think) planned for Daggonoth kings already.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:29 pm »
I disagree, this boss will be quite difficult and undefeatable. In addition, it demands Thomy a lot of work to finish it.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 05:28:25 pm »
I disagree, this boss will be quite difficult and undefeatable. In addition, it demands Thomy a lot of work to finish it.

We need an actual team boss in this game. You can solo everything at the moment...

Mary

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 05:50:12 pm »

We need an actual team boss in this game. You can solo everything at the moment...
Yeah and then you guys get pissed cause its too hard to solo it.
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Ledomy10
Pages: 1