The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Rockmanexe

• Liked: 21 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
new content?
« on: December 07, 2015, 08:08:24 pm »
make Emps world storyline-based.  wouldn't it be great to have 1 long quest that covers the whole story line.

Atm idh any real ideas for the story itself though, if you agree and have a good idea let us hear it.

thanks so much fate-kun

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: new content?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 08:17:08 pm »
What a nice, fleshed out suggestion. I bet you thought long and hard before posting it

:kappa:

A storyline? Doesn't that seem arbitrary for a mmorpg? And quests are a ton of work to create. The time it would take to develop this would not be worth the low amounts of people who would actually play the game for the story.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:21:53 pm »
You create a game around a storyline, you cannot create a storyline around an existing game without just taking that effort and make a whole new game instead.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 09:33:40 pm »
You create a game around a storyline, you cannot create a storyline around an existing game without just taking that effort and make a whole new game instead.
This^. It's too late to create a story line.
I think it is a very good idea, it's just too in the server to try and introduce one.
The following users liked this post: R I P

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:39:44 pm »
Emps just doesn't really have enough content at the moment to rough out a story with. And even if we did, wouldn't it be just like RS, basically? ._.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 10:28:13 pm »
Arab and his camels: 853 BC

Arab 1, king of begging, fights a major but inconclusive battle at empty wilderness against his enemy, the ruler of duel-area, arab 2. An begging scribe, recording the event with prt scrn, notes the impressive size of the enemy forces: 63,000 Arabs, 2000 Estonians, 4000 beggers and 1000 Marios on camels. The Marios on camels, the scribe adds, are brought to the battle by Esam121 the Arab.

This is the first known reference to the Arabs as a distinct group. But Emps-World players from Arabia (probably the source of the entire group of beggars) have been spreading through the wilderness of the Edgeville since at least 3000 BC. 

The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, Shadow

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »

Arab 1, king of begging, fights a major but inconclusive battle at empty wilderness against his enemy, the ruler of duel-area, arab 2. An begging scribe, recording the event with prt scrn, notes the impressive size of the enemy forces: 63,000 Arabs, 2000 Estonians, 4000 beggers and 1000 Marios on camels. The Marios on camels, the scribe adds, are brought to the battle by Esam121 the Arab.

This is the first known reference to the Arabs as a distinct group. But Emps-World players from Arabia (probably the source of the entire group of beggars) have been spreading through the wilderness of the Edgeville since at least 3000 BC.

Just as hard to understand as The Legend Of Zelda timeline :doge:

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 10:37:47 pm »

Just as hard to understand as The Legend Of Zelda timeline :doge:
Patty and Zelda in simpsons

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 10:57:52 pm »

We barely have any content if you compare Emps to other MMOs with actual story. All we pretty much have are skills and bosses, which aren't tied to anything really.

But yeah, like Mary said, games are built up on the story that is written in advance. You could just play RS3, most people have no freaking idea how extensive the lore actually is. Sure it'll take you a month or few to reach that point of the game, but it's totally worth it.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 12:01:59 am »
Pretty sure it is possible without creating a whole new game. For example tutorial island could have a senpai who trains you before you enter the 'real' world. Once you have left tutorial island your main objective is to help the NPCs of Emps-World by performing tasks for them (= quest system).
By completing quests your charisma will increase and people will start to look up to you. Some people that need help are too superior for you to interact with e.g. the king of Camelot would not be able to be bothered by an unknown newcomer, the newcomer has to gain a certain number of charisma to acces the castle in order to pass the guards and thus interact with the king. This isn't just for NPCs that have a royal background, some NPCs simply will not trust players with low charisma (= quest point system).
Same principle for skills etc.

I'm not saying I want time to be spent on a storyline, I'm just saying it is possible..

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 12:14:12 am »
Pretty sure it is possible without creating a whole new game. For example tutorial island could have a senpai who trains you before you enter the 'real' world. Once you have left tutorial island your main objective is to help the NPCs of Emps-World by performing tasks for them (= quest system).
By completing quests your charisma will increase and people will start to look up to you. Some people that need help are too superior for you to interact with e.g. the king of Camelot would not be able to be bothered by an unknown newcomer, the newcomer has to gain a certain number of charisma to acces the castle in order to pass the guards and thus interact with the king. This isn't just for NPCs that have a royal background, some NPCs simply will not trust players with low charisma (= quest point system).
Same principle for skills etc.

I'm not saying I want time to be spent on a storyline, I'm just saying it is possible..
It's nice but that would require several checks and several 'levels' of charisma on every account and different interactions for each of those levels. No thanks i'm good. Only a huge team of game designers could actually work with that, like any other mmorpg's reputation system.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 01:09:46 pm »
the fak? we waited...still waiting* like one and a half year for grand exchange, imagine how long it would take to make this crap -.-

Offline Rockmanexe

• Liked: 21 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 07:41:44 pm »
I kinda figured it was almost impossible to do so,but lately there is nothing to do.
but look at rs3, when you set a goal you have to through a lot of quests and trouble but when achieving the goal u don't feel any emptiness like here when getting maxed, because there are still a lot of things to do.

that's the real difference between rs and any other RSPS

thanks so much fate-kun

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 09:10:43 pm »
I kinda figured it was almost impossible to do so,but lately there is nothing to do.
but look at rs3, when you set a goal you have to through a lot of quests and trouble but when achieving the goal u don't feel any emptiness like here when getting maxed, because there are still a lot of things to do.

that's the real difference between rs and any other RSPS

Emps or any other RSPS will never get as big as RS. Why? Jagex will simply sue the developers and close the server if they see it as an "threat". Emps has been closed once already and it hasn't been too long since Soulsplit was taken down. Putting that much effort into an RSPS simply isn't worth it.

Also, the developer "team" of Emps is a fraction of the people who are behind RS3.

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 10:37:15 am »
I wasent gonna play the story line even tho it was made i guess alot of people woudent either.

Anyways this would be an extreamly long feature to develop for a low amount of extream few players who wants it
Pages: 1 2