The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Morrigan's Javelin
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:14:29 pm »
I've said this a few times in feedback topics but I'm gonna make it into a suggestion since it hasn't yet recieved the attention I wanted it to.

The morrigan's javelin is a weapon known by most people for being a bit too good to say the least. It's got an amazing amount of killing power and can easily set up kills as well. It's recieved god knows how many nerfs but it remains to be quite strong. I'm not here to bring down the nerfhammer on it, that would make this some whiny pker topic. However;

The javelin's spec is, as riot would call it, unhealthy. The way the special attack is designed doesn't allow it to be easily balanced by tweaking the numbers. It simply does too many things for that to happen. Not only does the special attack have a great potential to set up kills with it's damage over time effect and chance to poison (if poisoned), the initial hit also deals plenty of damage for it to be used as a finishing weapon. This is a bit too much for something you don't need to risk a huge amount of money for to have a high chance of getting kills with.

The special attack should be changed itself.

I myself would get rid of it's power as a finishing weapon and leave that to something like a dark bow or morrigan's axe. It's damage over time effect is iconic and is what makes the morrigan's javelin a morrigan's javelin. The initial hit should be toned down by a lot, the bleeding effect should be the main focus of the special attack. It's prime function should be to set up kills. To prevent it from getting out of hand in multi situations a bleeding immunity could be added as well.

Opinions?
;
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Morrigan's Javelin
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
Max hit in max gear should be ~50-55. This means it's capable of doing ~90 damage over a short period of time, which is still insane. Like you said the actual weapons to deal the finishing blow should be the dark bow or the morrigans axe. It will be a good weapon to set up a combo attack or a way to deal accurate, high damage.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:02:09 am by Lars »
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:00 am »
Morrigan's Javelins should be used for a buildup to a finishing weapon as previously stated, with a dark bow or morrigan's axe as a finishing weapon.

Dark bow however, is heavily outweighed by morrigan's axes right now because it's special attack is pretty inaccurate in comparison, so a buff could be nice.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:33:53 am by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 02:11:04 am »
Its a good weapon for bossing, really good in the matter of fact. Wouldn't want it to change. Keep in mind you'll have to be pretty lucky to maxhit with the javelin, it's a powerful weapon no doubt, but it's accuracy can surely make one choose something else. Dbow can use a buff, no one ever uses it cause it's pretty bad atm.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 02:29:27 am »
Its a good weapon for bossing, really good in the matter of fact. Wouldn't want it to change. Keep in mind you'll have to be pretty lucky to maxhit with the javelin, it's a powerful weapon no doubt, but it's accuracy can surely make one choose something else. Dbow can use a buff, no one ever uses it cause it's pretty bad atm.
It was never intended as a bossing weapon, this proves it's unhealthiness even more. As far as ranged weapons go seercull should be the go-to spec wep for PvM.
;

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 03:10:41 am »
some stats
javs max:72
axe max:67

the javelin outweights the morrigans axe atm in all aspects, only that the axes have 2more special attacks..
I do agree that the initial hit should be lowered, but if that happends the d bow should be buffed, the accuracy of it can be compared to d claws--> crap

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 03:46:22 am »
some stats
javs max:72
axe max:67

the javelin outweights the morrigans axe atm in all aspects, only that the axes have 2more special attacks..
I do agree that the initial hit should be lowered, but if that happends the d bow should be buffed, the accuracy of it can be compared to d claws--> crap

Perhaps a higher level requirement (80?) and higher accuracy could be an option?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 06:03:16 am »
> nerf javs
> buff d bow
> fix and nerf magic
The following users liked this post: Fireblast12

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 12:05:08 pm »
Real tired of these pvm fanboys saying everything is fine and dandy because certain weapons work well for pvm. You know nothing and your argument is invalid.
The following users liked this post: Dabaus

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 03:07:01 am »
in my opinion javelin is just fine and the special attack is good and unique. Maybe a slight nerf would be okey but not neccesary...

yes it can deal tons of damage but so do melee weapons:P vesta spear spec can hit 90s aswell as claws... with gmaul you can stack 130+damage (claws and gmaul are inaccurate tho)

if javelin could hit max 50-55 why would any1 use it while onyx bolt e can hit 60+?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 03:52:04 am »
in my opinion javelin is just fine and the special attack is good and unique. Maybe a slight nerf would be okey but not neccesary...

yes it can deal tons of damage but so do melee weapons:P vesta spear spec can hit 90s aswell as claws... with gmaul you can stack 130+damage (claws and gmaul are inaccurate tho)

if javelin could hit max 50-55 why would any1 use it while onyx bolt e can hit 60+?

> Vesta spear rarely hits
> Claws rarely hit
> Gmaul rarely hits

Javelins are accurate as hell and have the bleed effect on them too which means you can hit around 120 damage or higher in a few seconds with one special attack, which is insane.

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:13 am »

As far as other special attack weapons go, you completely disregard the bleeding effect. Should your javelin hit a 50, you will hit another 50 as bleeding damage over the next few seconds, that's what the special attack does. The fact that the special attack can both hit very high with the first hit and do a lot of damage over time is what makes the design of the special attack unhealthy.

This is literally what I've tried to make clear with the topic, I'm saying that the design of the special attack is flawed and will never be balanced.

Please read the topic carefully.
;

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 07:23:24 am »
I guess ranged is at the top of its damage for the 2nd time in history (first time being d bows hitting 50+ in emps-wars).

I can tell javelins were designed as a K.O. weapon as all of the pvp items were. The purpose of them was to let them have their use only in wilderness.
As soon as I see they are even used as the "main" damage source for pvm it makes me really think something should change...

Both, javelins and axes were formed to be a K.O weapon, the only difference being that you need 2 hands to wield javelins. 2 handed means it will automatically be stronger due to the combat system.

At the other hand, what other options do rangers have except javelins and axes?
D bows literally hit nothing. dragon bolts(e) get absorbed by dfs which everyone wears who can afford it due to the level requirement and now you want to nerf the only damage dealing item that rangers have?

My suggestion would be to decrease a) the drop rate drastically or b) the amount of javelins you get at once to makes sure they will be too "valuable/expensive" to use them outside of the wilderness (same as dragon darts which fit that role already).

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:03:16 am by Eddie1408 »

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 09:58:16 am »
I guess ranged is at the top of its damage for the 2nd time in history (first time being d bows hitting 50+ in emps-wars).

I can tell javelins were designed as a K.O. weapon as all of the pvp items were. The purpose of them was to let them have their use only in wilderness.
As soon as I see they are even used as the "main" damage source for pvm it makes me really think something should change...

Both, javelins and axes were formed to be a K.O weapon, the only difference being that you need 2 hands to wield javelins. 2 handed means it will automatically be stronger due to the combat system.

At the other hand, what other options do rangers have except javelins and axes?
D bows literally hit nothing. dragon bolts(e) get absorbed by dfs which everyone wears who can afford it due to the level requirement and now you want to nerf the only damage dealing item that rangers have?

My suggestion would be to decrease a) the drop rate drastically or b) the amount of javelins you get at once to makes sure they will be too "valuable/expensive" to use them outside of the wilderness (same as dragon darts which fit that role already).

You're joking right? People buy Javelins for 300/400k each. D darts go for 10k ea, and they are used alot for PvM.

Just nerf the damage and everything will be fine.
Pages: 1