The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Max cape
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:06:00 pm »
Max cape should not be best in slot cape for any style. Yes you put a lot of effort into maxing your account but people who don't like to skill shouldn't be forced to do things they don't like just to obtain a best in slot item.

The max cape should just be a cosmetic item worn to show off your account. The fact that people have an advantage in pvp just because they trained hunter or some other non combat related skill is unfair. I'm not sure if the max cape can be picked up after dying, if this is the case it's even more of an unfair advantage. Other people risk 10m fire capes but when they kill someone with a max cape they get nothing.

Now in before skillers say that they put in a lot of effort into maxing their account so they deserve the best in slot cape. This makes no sense. You didn't max your account because you wanted an advantage in pvp, you maxed your account to either show off or because you liked it. In both cases a cosmetic only max case will be sufficient.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Max cape
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »
Well it's a damn great thing it isn't the best in slot for capes. Ava, f cape and god capes have better offensive bonuses for their own combat style.

Max cape has like 2 extra def bonuses over the other capes, but I'm pretty sure that makes no difference. The only advantage of it is that you don't need to switch it to anything of you don't mind losing some accuracy.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:14:58 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 08:13:30 pm »
I disagree with this, I'm not maxed but this is a great achievement for anyone, they do deserve the best cape in the game, why should you have a better cape just for doing all your pvp stats?
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »
I disagree with this, I'm not maxed but this is a great achievement for anyone, they do deserve the best cape in the game, why should you have a better cape just for doing all your pvp stats?
Why should people who train hunter cooking fishing and mining have acces to a better cape than people who just do combat stuff.

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 08:37:05 pm »
I honestly would disagree, pking with the max cape(especially when skulled) isn't a good idea cause it's valued at ~3m and would pretty much protect over anything.

Example:
(skulled with protect item)

Max cape is fine as it is.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »
I honestly would disagree, pking with the max cape(especially when skulled) isn't a good idea cause it's valued at ~3m and would pretty much protect over anything.

Example:

That's not a valid argument at all.

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 09:12:58 pm »

Example:

Yes, it actually is. If you want to use max cape (wich isnt even the best cape), then better be prepared to lose something else when you die.
And i really dont see why are you crying? Like Otto said; Ava, Fire Cape and God Capes are best for their style. Do you even check stats?
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 09:16:56 pm »
Fire cape has better melee bonuses than max cape
Ava has better range bonuses than max cape
Any god cape has better magic bonuses than max cape

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 09:17:23 pm »

Example:

Other people risk 10m fire capes but when they kill someone with a max cape they get nothing.

You're saying people who pk with max cape don't risk anything, That is a valid argument.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »
Okay let's clear some things up here. I checked the wiki before creating this topic and it said that it was the best cape in the game. I am now aware that it isn't best in slot for any style apart from defence bonusses. However this does not change the fact that it is without a doubt the best cape to use when using more than 2 styles.

So let's start over again;

>best cape to use when using 2 or more styles AND best in slot for defence
>requires you to max your account
>people who don't want to max their accounts are at an (unfair) disadvantage against people who did

Offline King125

• +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 09:34:08 pm »
Okay let's clear some things up here. I checked the wiki before creating this topic and it said that it was the best cape in the game. I am now aware that it isn't best in slot for any style apart from defence bonusses. However this does not change the fact that it is without a doubt the best cape to use when using more than 2 styles.

>people who don't want to max their accounts are at an (unfair) disadvantage against people who did
Everyone has the same opportunity to max their account. This game doesn't revolve around the wildy and pkers and lately you and others have been trying to make wildy the main focus of the game. Remember that there are other people than you playing this game.

The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, 3st Ranger X, Triangle Dot

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 09:47:24 pm »

Everyone has the same opportunity to max their account. This game doesn't revolve around the wildy and pkers and lately you and others have been trying to make wildy the main focus of the game. Remember that there are other people than you playing this game.
Just because I suggest pvp related things does not mean I intend to "make the wildy the main focus of the game". It's the only thing I do so of course my suggestions will relate to it.

OT: Why should a reward for maxing your account be the "best cape in the game"? I don't see the correlation between maxing your account and getting the current max cape. Like I said before, people don't max their account because they want a cape with good stats. They max their account to show off with a good looking cape or because they like to train their skills etc. Why can't a cosmetic max cape, or a max cape that has a toggle option to switch between fire cape/ava/god cape stats, be the reward? Old School Runescape added a max cape a few months ago, only after the players voted for it. And guess what they voted for? That's right they didn't want the cape to be the best cape. And OSRS is by no means a pvp focussed game.

I have the feeling some of you are disagreeing with this because I am the one who suggested it and because you think it's yet another "pker whining about something you think is irrelevant". Well try to ignore that and just try to answer the following question: why should a reward for maxing your account be the arguably best cape in the game when there is absolutely no correlation between the two?

Offline King125

• +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 10:02:49 pm »

Just because I suggest pvp related things does not mean I intend to "make the wildy the main focus of the game". It's the only thing I do so of course my suggestions will relate to it.

OT: Why should a reward for maxing your account be the "best cape in the game"? I don't see the correlation between maxing your account and getting the current max cape. Like I said before, people don't max their account because they want a cape with good stats. They max their account to show off with a good looking cape or because they like to train their skills etc. Why can't a cosmetic max cape, or a max cape that has a toggle option to switch between fire cape/ava/god cape stats, be the reward? Old School Runescape added a max cape a few months ago, only after the players voted for it. And guess what they voted for? That's right they didn't want the cape to be the best cape. And OSRS is by no means a pvp focussed game.

I have the feeling some of you are disagreeing with this because I am the one who suggested it and because you think it's yet another "pker whining about something you think is irrelevant". Well try to ignore that and just try to answer the following question: why should a reward for maxing your account be the arguably best cape in the game when there is absolutely no correlation between the two?
I have absolutely no problem with you making suggestions regarding the wilderness and pking. On the other side I think it's great that the community instead of whining about stuff actually give their opinions of how it should be changed and why. I just don't agree with you on this matter, because how I see it is "I don't want to put as much effort as the other players for a good cape, please change it in my favor."
If you want to get the same "best in slot item", as you say it is, then maybe put in the effort that every other maxed player did and grind those skills. (Which by the way is so god damn easy). On the subject of runescape - I'm pretty sure the best capes in atleast old school runescape requires some personal effort to achieve (fire cape, i think osrs has max cape too).

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 10:05:22 pm »
While I get that people using max cape get an advantage, max cape isn't the best in slot and does have it's cons in the form of it having a high general store cost and thus being protected a lot. You do have to do combat for max cape, giving it combat bonuses is something that does make sense, and is something that in my opinion should stay the same. It's not the best in slot for offense, it is for defense, this could be toned down slightly. Combination capes, stat wise, are more unhealthy than max cape is.

>Vigour
>Best in slot, better than stone if using a special attack weapon
>Has one or multiple items with comparable stats though slight difference in use
>Requires people to play pest control
>People who don't want to play pest control are at an (unfair) disadvantage against people who did

There are things outside of the wilderness that might give you an advantage in PvP, you may consider doing these things as preperation for your fight. Some things may take too long to be worth the advantage, I don't think that that advantage should be changed though. Quest requirements for items, untradable potions and dungeoneering rewards are things we can compare to this; some of these things were incredibly popular in PvP in RS. If it isn't broken OP, it doesn't need to change.

My opinion on max cape: If I work my butt off for a cape, be that a 200m cape or max cape, I would like to be able to show this off pretty much anywhere without having to lose efficiency because of it, be this PvM or PvP. A cosmetic overlay would be a solution to this, for balance reasons it would need an option to turn off in PvP, but since that requires effort it probably won't come. I don't think this needs to be changed at all though. Even if it saves you slots for switches it isn't super significant.

I just don't agree with you on this matter, because how I see it is "I don't want to put as much effort as the other players for a good cape, please change it in my favor."
^
;
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot, Zaros

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 10:11:35 pm »
All right it is clear that this is not something the community wants, therefore I will lock this topic.
Pages: 1