The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Master Plan to save the economy (in the long run)
« on: July 28, 2016, 05:10:10 pm »
At first, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave me enough feedback to come up with this final suggestion.
The goal is to add item/money sinks to stabilize the economy and enhance PvM.

Step 1: Add Duel Arena Tickets, that can be bought for 100k. Players will need to pay with one duel arena ticket in order to do one stake. The system will be the same as in the warrior's guild, where the ticket disappars from your inventory when you accept the stake.
This system is way more simple than adding percentage stake fees and everyone will understand that.
Duel Arena will be an expensive place where you can either win big, or go home losing everything. Some stakers will sell their items in order to keep stacking resulting in more items getting brought to the normal players.

Step 2: Now that items are cheaper than before, more people will afford them. To make sure that items leave the game, the game itself needs to be more dangerous. This can be done by making bosses harder (in a creative way) and lowering the timers of when items appear/disappear. On top of that, the guardian angel needs to be removed. People will die more often. They will lose items more often. But they also will use more potions and food more often because the bosses are harder to kill now resulting in a continious demand of supplies.
When items get out of the game, the price will go up and more people will consider doing PvM again.

Step 3: Buff/rework the items that are supposed to be strong to attract more players to get and use them again. Now that many things are harder to get, less items will get into the game compared to now.

Step 4: Add new challenging dungeons, monsters and bosses where people need to team up in order to be efficient and/or use alot of ressources (if they go solo).

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:34:20 am by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Themarfish, Cjkinsey6

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Master Plan to save the economy (in the long run)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »
1) If we only implement tickets bought for cash, it changes nothing. Items would still be dumped to the market and we don't see any item sinks. As I said in my answer to your previous topic we should create a dumpbox, where the items will be converted to cash according to GE prices. You can't take out the cash nor retrieve the items, but you can use it for stake fees. Doesn't matter if you buy arena tickets or just a % of stake pot is taken from it, still works the same. With the dumpbox actual items will be sinked, instead of just cash.
I would personally like to see much larger sinks, so the percentages would make more sense. The other option is to add different tickets for stakes with larger pots. For example it's 100k for stakes valued 1-100m, 1m for stakes 100-500m etc. Since % fees are easier to implement, I prefer those.

2) Bosses are already hard enough. We just have too many maxed players with the best gear available. I would not tweak the current monsters, however new monsters shouldn't be easy.
I agreed with you on the timers last time and I still like the idea, but I don't know what to think of Guardian Angel. If we lower the timers, GA-s will be used more. To limit the flow of GA-s we could increase their price to 500+ EC. I personally wouldn't care if it were to be removed alltogether, since I rarely die during PvM.

3) You have to be more specific on this, since we can't give proper feedback in general. I would strongly recommend creating separate topics for those certain items you were talking about.

4) We should follow this idea indeed and if you've heard we're already doing it. A new dungeon with monsters are being worked on right now.

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 12:26:10 am »

At first, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave me enough feedback to come up with this final suggestion.
The goal is to add item/money sinks to stabilize the economy and enhance PvM.

Step 1: Add Duel Arena Tickets, that can be bought for 100k. Players will need to pay with one duel arena ticket in order to do one stake. The system will be the same as in the warrior's guild, there the ticket disappars from your inventory when you accept the stake.
This system is way more simple than adding percentage stake fees and everyone will understand that.
Duel Arena will be an expensive place where you can either win big, or go home losing everything. Some stakers will sell their items in order to keep stacking resulting in more items getting brought to the normal players.

Step 2: Now that items are cheaper than before, more people will afford them. To make sure that items leave the game, the game itself needs to be more dangerous. This can be done by making bosses harder (in a creative way) and lowering the timers of when items appear/disappear. On top of that, the guardian angel needs to be removed. People will die more often. They will lose items more often. But they also will use more potions and food more often because the bosses are harder to kill now resulting in a continious demand of supplies.
When items get out of the game, the price will go up and more people will consider doing PvM again.

Step 3: Buff/rework the items that are supposed to be strong to attract more players to get and use them again. Now that many things are harder to get, less items will get into the game compared to now.

Step 4: Add new challenging dungeons, monsters and bosses where people need to team up in order to be efficient and/or use alot of ressources (if they go solo).
hell yeah, this guy gets it. sums up the whole thing :"staking ruined our economy", or I could say stakers, because when alot of items of the same type gather in one guy's hand and that guy prefers cash, he will be disparate to sell it at any lower price, which decreased the demand to the high level items ingame, such as spirit shields

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:43:21 am »
1)this could work, but there should indeed be different tickets for different sizes of bets. also, dueling without staking should cost no tickets at all.

2)Bosses WERE made harder and they should really not be hardened again. It's not that they are too easy, it's just that there are too many people with maxed items.reworking the timers makes me feel a bit uncomfortble, but it could get done. Removing GA is not a good solution as it combined with the reworked timers could result in people not daring to take risks and try bossing. This would result to all just killing blue dragons.

3)Do you mean items that are actually strong or items that should be strong but aren't? Having more variety could be great, but i don't see this being an effective help for the economy.

4)Thomy has said the new dungeon will propably be here this week, maybe next week. Isn't that enough for a while?

Overall a nice suggestion :)

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 04:53:21 am »
1)this could work, but there should indeed be different tickets for different sizes of bets. also, dueling without staking should cost no tickets at all.

2)Bosses WERE made harder and they should really not be hardened again. It's not that they are too easy, it's just that there are too many people with maxed items.reworking the timers makes me feel a bit uncomfortble, but it could get done. Removing GA is not a good solution as it combined with the reworked timers could result in people not daring to take risks and try bossing. This would result to all just killing blue dragons.

3)Do you mean items that are actually strong or items that should be strong but aren't? Having more variety could be great, but i don't see this being an effective help for the economy.

4)Thomy has said the new dungeon will propably be here this week, maybe next week. Isn't that enough for a while?

Overall a nice suggestion :)

1. The tickets would only work for stakes. I guess you could do that at higher bets, more tickets will be "consumed". Of course having normal fights/duels will be for free.

2. I am an ironman who is not even close to having max gear and I have killed nearly all bosses and even the hardest boss, the smoke demon champion, was killed 3-4 times per trip. For me all bosses are underwhelming. I agree that some bosses need to be weaker so newer players can start killing them. But at the moment all bosses are weak, especially when you go as a team. You are somehow right that people might consider not going to bosses if timers and GAs get changed at same time. What about making the GA untradable then so you need to do your daily tasks in order to get one?

3. I mean both. Some examples for underperforming items are vesta's longsword + spear (and their corrupt versions), the korasi and dark bow. Items like the void sets, defenders and torsos need to be untradable again and they need to be lost completely upon death.

4. I know there will be a dungeon with new items soon. What I am more afraid of is that the dungeon will be too easy (again) and the items will be underperforming despite having a high tier (70, 80?). They did the same with obsidian dragons and their claws, and all the other updates before. There was no challenging update after the SDC got added in Scape.

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 05:16:28 am »
1) If we only implement tickets bought for cash, it changes nothing. Items would still be dumped to the market and we don't see any item sinks. As I said in my answer to your previous topic we should create a dumpbox, where the items will be converted to cash according to GE prices. You can't take out the cash nor retrieve the items, but you can use it for stake fees. Doesn't matter if you buy arena tickets or just a % of stake pot is taken from it, still works the same. With the dumpbox actual items will be sinked, instead of just cash.
I would personally like to see much larger sinks, so the percentages would make more sense. The other option is to add different tickets for stakes with larger pots. For example it's 100k for stakes valued 1-100m, 1m for stakes 100-500m etc. Since % fees are easier to implement, I prefer those.

2) Bosses are already hard enough. We just have too many maxed players with the best gear available. I would not tweak the current monsters, however new monsters shouldn't be easy.
I agreed with you on the timers last time and I still like the idea, but I don't know what to think of Guardian Angel. If we lower the timers, GA-s will be used more. To limit the flow of GA-s we could increase their price to 500+ EC. I personally wouldn't care if it were to be removed alltogether, since I rarely die during PvM.

3) You have to be more specific on this, since we can't give proper feedback in general. I would strongly recommend creating separate topics for those certain items you were talking about.

4) We should follow this idea indeed and if you've heard we're already doing it. A new dungeon with monsters are being worked on right now.

1. The duel arena tickets would not be the only changes. It is one part of the whole plan. The Problem is that newer people cannot afford strong items. Now that prices are crashing, which is bad for the economy in general, but actually good for newbs because the gear they desire costs less.

2. Making bosses harder is way to get less items into the game. Bosses should be all about finding the best strategy (and working as a team to be efficient). I am sure you are not supposed to kill 15 corporeal beasts per trip without taking any significant damage. Nerfing the drop rates is not the way to go and Thomy made it even harder for ironmen to get a good grasp in the game. If we look at normal dragons that are probably the most popular monsters, you see that they are not rewarding at all. The most desired items are dragon scimitar and dragon dagger. Instead of lowering the drop rate of the items, Thomy should have increased the accuracy of the dragons. People who use melee will have a harder time, but players who use range or magic won't see any changes. People would need to adapt to their opponent in order to be efficient. What this game lacks is variety. I do not know who does the testing when new content gets released, but I am sure that most of the time it gets done by using melee, which gets outclassed by magic and ranged at every single boss.

Also when bosses are more deadly and timers are low, people will die more often and lose the items more often that will sometimes leave the game. In the long run and new attracting updates, more items will leave the game.

3. I made suggestions regarding most of the weapons in the past. Many things get ignored/denied because there are too many of them in the game already and making them stronger means giving people who have these items "free" money. Instead Thomy leaves these items as dead content and adds more items that follow their path.

4. Said my opinion about this in my reply before. I somehow think the update is delayed because Thomy is buffing the monsters :D

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 05:35:27 am »

1 - I'd prefer this over the ticket system ( if it ever gets added ), we don't really want them ( stakers ) to sell their items, as they have already done enough damage to the game, the dumpbox idea is actually perfect to avoid these things from happening, and by taking a look at the amount of stakers we have in game and the amount of stakes ( could be over a 1000 a day ) this won't take so much to start having an affect in the game economy.

2 - Changing the price to 500+ for a guardian angel seems a better idea than completely removing it from the game, however changing the timer would be great in addition to that adding a new G.A system that doesn't allow you to use more than X amount of G.A a day so people would actually think twice when to use it and when to risk it.
I have no comment on ' Making the bosses harder ' part since the last time I actually did that was when Arcane still around 250 million .

3 - lets just now work on sinking some items before we make it really hard to pvm.

4 - Afaik Thomy is already working on that.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
Pages: 1