The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Master clue scrolls - new tier of clues
« on: September 29, 2018, 08:28:49 am »
How to get a master clue?

Master clues would be obtainable as a drop like every other clue. They would only be obtainable from hard group bosses. That means Nex, Har'Lakk, Yk'Lagor and Kal'Ger (currently) would drop them.
Their drop rate would be 4% or 1/25 just like every other clue.

All these new things I propose are master clue only specific meaning you cannot get them in any other clue tier.
You'd still be able to get puzzle boxes from lower tier clues as well. Master clues would be 6 - 8 steps long.

New harder scans

These areas are very big but the scanning range is also fairly large. 30 - 35 paces seems ok?
Keep in mind that since difficulty is basically measured in how much time X thing took the areas are fairly large and it can take you a moment before you find the spot.
With the current system where you get direction aid it shouldn't be that hard.
  • Scan whole Wilderness
  • Scan whole Kharidian Desert (Safe wilderness)
  • Scan Kandarin (Ardougne - Yanille - Camelot area)
  • Scan Asgarnia (Taverley - Falador - Rimmington - Edgeville - Barbarian Village)
  • Scan Misthalin (Lumbridge - Draynor Village - Varrock)

New emote and talk-to clues with new items

These items should be fairly uncommon and something you don't always come across.
Air guitar emote could definitely be used here. Can't remember how many songs you had to unlock to unlock the emote though.
As for the other emote clues the emotes don't matter but the items do what you need to wear. We could use the following items:
  • Spiked dragon armor
  • God rune armor (Ancient, armadyl, bandos, saradomin etc...)
  • Animal and dragon masks
  • Top hat, pith and spiked helmets
  • Heraldic armor
  • God robes (Ancient, armadyl, bandos, saradomin etc...)
  • Canes
  • Godwars armor and weapons
  • God dragonhide (Ancient, armadyl, bandos, saradomin etc...)
  • Gold and trimmed dragonhide (Green and blue)
  • Gladiator maul and helm
  • Ancient ceremonial
  • Abyssal cannon and cape
  • Ice crown and shield
  • Abyssal weapons with crystals
  • Elite void
  • Barrows armour
  • Amulet of fury with kit
Few examples:
Perform headbang emote while wearing full dharoks at Barrows.
Perform raspberry emote while wearing full ancient ceremonial at Nex lobby.
Perform air guitar emote at grand exchange.
Talk to <npc> while wearing top hat and black cane.
Talk to <npc> while wearing at least 3 pieces of adamant H3 armor.
Talk to <npc> while wearing amulet of fury (t), dragon platebody (sp) and dragon platelegs (sp).
Talk to <npc> while wearing zamorak godsword.

Rewards:

Master clues would have 7/8 reward rolls from which 2/3 are dye shards.
  • Double or even triple roll on dye shards - This means you'd be able to get 2x/3x different shards or 2x/3x of same dye shard if all rolls were 3rd age for example.
  • Coins - 500k - 1m
  • Overloads - 4 - 8 overloads
  • Dragon armor - alchables, drop table fillers
  • Large amounts of skilling supplies - Rune bars, uncut dragonstones, black dragon leather
  • Blood/death/soul runes - Should be fairly high amounts, 600 - 800
  • Heraldic armor, god dragonhides, god robes - Because clue scrolls, also fillers pretty much
  • 3rd age druidic - Probably slightly more common than from elites given how rare master clues potentially are
That's for the 'basic' drop table pretty much. Master clues would definitely need their own unique item(s).
Pet with 1%/2% drop chance? Golden barrows armor? Golden 3rd age armor? Golden chaotics? These are really up for discussion what the possible rare item(s) could be. Could only be a nice cosmetic item as well instead of something that would have a use.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 08:34:25 am by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Drugs, Iron 69, Rotanas

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
Re: Master clue scrolls - new tier of clues
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 11:40:04 am »
only thing i would add to this is to have some unique rewards to master clue, as hard clues have those helms, med clues have boots. but not quite sure what unique items to be exact
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 06:58:59 pm »
I wanted to suggest those but then quit. Thank you for doing that for me.

I have a few things to add to this suggestion.

the rewards
the rewards you mentioned are really bad considering how hard you made master clues sound. if you are gonna keep the rewards
as you stated in your post, the difficulty of the master clue scrolls would need to drop a lot, almost to the point of the elite clue scrolls, which makes implementing master clue scrolls not worth it.

That being said, i have a few master clue scroll reward ideas in mind.

A briefcase
this item would function as a cosmetic item and a very useful, although not overpowered item in pvm. Its function in pvm would be that you could add any 4 items of your choosing to the briefcase and withdraw them at any time.
A 1/200 chance to get it seems reasonable.

Custom clue pet
Self explanatory - a pet that you get upon completing master clue scrolls. Only the most dedicated or lucky players would have it in game, because the chance to get it would be 1/1000

dye bottle
A rare chance to get any dye bottle. 1/333 maybe?

3rd druidic armors
In your post, you said the chance to get them would increase just slightly, I have something different in mind. Double the chances to get an armor piece because there are just so few 3rd druidic armor pieces ing right now. Or don't add them to the drop table at all and implement other cosmetic armors, which you would get from the master clue scrolls.

The other drops that you mentioned seem fine. But i do have some feedback on the items you put up for debate

golden chaotic items
If you'd only get dyes to dye the chaotic weapons then it's fine.

Other gilded items
In my opinion, the items you mentioned would look pretty shit if they were to be dyed.
although a golden dye could be added as a 1/500 chance to get and could dye all the items that the regular dyes can dye.

Scan clues
In my opinion, really, just no. When i was preparing to do the suggestion i asked around what people didn't like about doing clue scrolls, and every single one of them said "scan clues" or specifically "wilderness clan clues". Scan clues are the sole reason that a lot of people don't do clue scrolls.

Keep the scan clues from elite clue scrolls and make the skill and item requirements harder. This would reward more experienced players instead of those who just get cleaned at the duel arena and want to rebuild(for instance).

EDIT: Or make the scan clues similar to runescape's, where it would show you a certain location and you'd have to find it and dig on a certain spot. This would reward experience over dedication.

Item requirements
Some item requirements seem impossible to meet for ironmen, such as
Spiked dragon armor;
Animal masks(this may not seem that rare, but you have no idea how many clues you'd have to complete to collect them all);
Barrow armors(i think it took Iron 69 3k chests to get all barrow armors).
Heraldic armor
Etc...

No one will go head over heels and spend weeks to complete one master clue scroll.

Skill requirements
None of the previous' tier clues have had any skill requirements, so master clues seems like a perfect chance to add them.
•   Cook a raw manta ray and talk to an npc
•   Kill king black dragon or any other boss, group boss could do even and talk to an npc wielding a certain weapon (this counts as a skill requirement because high combat skills are needed to defeat these bosses).
•   Fletch an ancient arrow and talk to an npc wielding a certain range weapon.
•   Etc…

I may have forgotten to add something, so feel free to add more to the suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 07:03:55 pm by Loop »

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 08:28:21 pm »
Game isn't balanced around ironman mode and there are ironmen who highly likely have all of those items I listed.
Items I listed are hard at first but that's only for the first ~20 master clues unless you want to get everything before you'd start doing them. You'll eventually gather all the items for them just like with any other clue tier, the items are just more rare but still very plausible to get.

About the scan clues, they're very easy as they're now and finding the spots don't take long at all, max few minutes. With larger scan areas you'd just increase that by another few minutes.
These scans would be the easiest part of master clues and as ironman you'd jump out of joy if you get a scan step because you most likely are missing a lot of items for emote/talk-to clues.

Drop table is up for discussing - literally spent less than 2 minutes writing the drop table part. Amount of reward rolls could be increased for example which will also obviously increase the amount of items you get at the same time.
the rewards
the rewards you mentioned are really bad considering how hard you made master clues sound
And then you say this:
Only the most dedicated or lucky players would have it in game, because the chance to get it would be 1/1000
If there's a pet or other rare item(s) from master clues they definitely should not be that rare because that's just stupidly rare from something that can take hours to get.
With 4% drop rate you can go over an hour dry easily.

Rare item(s) are something that are definitely up for discussion. Golden chaotics I mentioned as an example would probably fit better to slayer shop for 50k slayer points so we'll leave that out from this.
Items that polymorph (i.e 'perfect' ring, bluerite sword) you to NPC might be interesting as rare rewards from masters.

Kill king black dragon or any other boss, group boss could do even and talk to an npc wielding a certain weapon (this counts as a skill requirement because high combat skills are needed to defeat these bosses).
This and the skill steps could be separated. One new clue step in masters could be something like you have to kill a Nex to proceed or you have to kill Kree'Arra to proceed and get a new clue. That'd sound nice.
Skilling steps would be kind of useless and considered as a 'free' step given the way you obtain a master clue. Those players will have the skills to do them without any trouble for sure.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 09:38:10 am »

How the hell could've know that you spent 2 minutes writing the drop table part?

The majority of players who kill group bosses are not maxed, so the skilling requirements would still be relevant and encourage more players to get maxed.

The pet part sounds about right.

The boss killing part sounds about right.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 10:05:32 am »
How much time was spent thinking about drop table is completely irrelevant. I could've left the whole 'I spent 2 minutes' part out and you wouldn't have said anything about it.
What's relevant is that it can be improved by increasing the quantity of items you receive. Items itself apart from the rare part are good imho.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 01:06:43 pm »
How much time was spent thinking about drop table is completely irrelevant. I could've left the whole 'I spent 2 minutes' part out and you wouldn't have said anything about it.
What's relevant is that it can be improved by increasing the quantity of items you receive. Items itself apart from the rare part are good imho.
"The other drops that you mentioned seem fine".
Literally what i said in the feedback. You put the rare item drop table up for debate and i debated...\

EDIT: Yes you're right, i wouldn't have said anything about the time that you spent writing the drop table if you wouldn't have mentioned it, so what was your point mentioning the time writing the drop table in the first place ???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:08:50 pm by Loop »

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 05:33:01 pm »
Wouldn't it be nicer to let master clue scrolls be obtainable from elites? It could be like 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 to get one?
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 05:41:11 pm »
Yeah that'd be a possibility too. If one doesn't want to go bossing the person can just buy a bunch of elite caskets to get master clues.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 10:33:29 am »
Wouldn't it be nicer to let master clue scrolls be obtainable from elites? It could be like 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 to get one?
Same from other clues with lower chances would be logical as well. Same way as it is in OSRS. 1 in 10 is more than reasonable. 1 in 20 from hard ones, 1 in 30 from medium, 1 in 50 easy clues or something like it. Master Clues should be solid 12-stepped clues also, making it most seeked clue ing.
Pages: 1