The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Master capes
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:48:16 pm »
Master capes

Currently, skillcapes to some skills have completely lost their 'impressive' factor. While an agility or slayer cape might be something that is impressive, a ranged or woodcutting cape is largely seen as something nearly everyone has. To give players a goal beyond 99 and give them something to show off for it I'm here to suggest master capes. These capes share their design with the 120 dungeoneering cape. The design itself might not be something most people like, but it's a cape that will fit with most outfits and won't clip with armour. These capes have particle effects in RS, I suggest not adding these as they would just take up too much time and cause too much lagg.

I've also got a nice item sink in mind for the capes. Making the cape requires a fire cape, ava, god cape and the original skillcape, of course having all these items as a requirement puts it on a similar level of stats. The master capes should have the same stats as a max cape, so that people can wear them without losing out on their dps. The requirement to wear should obviously be 200m exp in the skill. It might be a nice option to have an untrimmed version for 100m exp.

If we introduce a sink for god capes, we should also re-continue them. They could be drops from the monsters in the godwars dungeon outside the boss rooms, so that people could even get a nice drop before they're in the boss room. Infernal mages might also be a good destination for the capes. Regardless, these should be recontinued. Their accuracy should also be lowered by 5 to match max cape's accuracy.

Max cape would be quite the easy alternative to this cape, since it only costs about 3m. It's price should be increased, people that are maxed usually have plenty of money. Max cape should also get buffed to +5 strength just like fire cape, ava and god capes.

Note: these are the capes as they are in RS3, we'll need custom models for them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:16:07 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Hell Skyline

• Liked: 65 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Master capes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 12:55:48 pm »
I support this!  :)

Suryoyo K0 [31|Jan 04:31 pm]:   one kills a dher in wildy and none bats an eye, helari kills a dher and everyone loses their mind

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:19:16 pm »
I've also got a nice item sink in mind for the capes. Making the cape requires a fire cape, ava, god cape and the original skillcape, of course having all these items as a requirement puts it on a similar level of stats. The master capes should have the same stats as a max cape, so that people can wear them without losing out on their dps. The requirement to wear should obviously be 200m exp in the skill. It might be a nice option to have an untrimmed version for 100m exp.

This paragraph here makes my head hurt. How does combining a backpack and three different capes suddenly add up into one of these master capes? Max cape ITSELF is also a reduction to DPS. Ava, Fire Cape and God capes each have higher bonuses to their respective combat style than max cape has. Not by much, but they still have.

I don't see the point of making these things cost 20M+ if the max cape is only 5M...

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 01:22:03 pm »
This paragraph here makes my head hurt. How does combining a backpack and three different capes suddenly add up into one of these master capes? Max cape ITSELF is also a reduction to DPS. Ava, Fire Cape and God capes each have higher bonuses to their respective combat style than max cape has. Not by much, but they still have.

I don't see the point of making these things cost 20M+ if the max cape is only 5M...
Fair enough, max cape should get a price increase and get the +1 strength it needs.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 01:28:48 pm »

Fair enough, max cape should get a price increase and get the +1 strength it needs.

Yeah, and let's make Max cape also require Bandos chestplate, Spectral Spirit Shield, a whole set of battle robes and why not a rod of ivandis on top of that. I think this should be nice because bandos chestplate has much lower demand than tassets and spectral spirit shield is considered useless. Battle robe set doesn't have too much of demand because magic itself isn't that good. I'm sure some zammy PvMers would be happy. Rod cuz item sink and it totally makes sense.

In case you didn't catch my point yet, you're trying too hard to add item sinks to this game.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Keiskelar

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 01:42:33 pm »

Yeah, and let's make Max cape also require Bandos chestplate, Spectral Spirit Shield, a whole set of battle robes and why not a rod of ivandis on top of that. I think this should be nice because bandos chestplate has much lower demand than tassets and spectral spirit shield is considered useless. Battle robe set doesn't have too much of demand because magic itself isn't that good. I'm sure some zammy PvMers would be happy. Rod cuz item sink and it totally makes sense.

In case you didn't catch my point yet, you're trying too hard to add item sinks to this game.
Item sinks are a much needed thing imo, most items in the game aren't sinked at all due to the fact that we have GA. Regardless, that's personal opinion which is kind of what we're both here to express.

Aside from the way of creating the capes and their stats, do you like the idea of having capes for 200m skills?
;

Offline Skillz Purez

• Liked: 486 times
  • +0/-0
  • What defies us is how well we rise after falling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 01:49:22 pm »
It might be a nice addition for skillers/main skillers,
A master cape would be a huge motivator for us, main skillers.
I speak only for myself and i would really enjoy it, it would be a great honor to represent a skill which you've been training until 100M/200M xp.
The price of it might be OK as well cause as an advanced player you surely have enough cash to afford it.

Anyway, i support the idea. 10/10
(Thanks Bluestorm for the sexy siggy)

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 02:10:45 pm »

Item sinks are a much needed thing imo, most items in the game aren't sinked at all due to the fact that we have GA. Regardless, that's personal opinion which is kind of what we're both here to express.

Aside from the way of creating the capes and their stats, do you like the idea of having capes for 200m skills?

Definitely a yes for the capes. That would add more goals for players to pursue.

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 02:29:16 pm »
I agree on the capes, because I'd love to be able to wear some of them. But I disagree on having to combine a ton of shit just to make the cape, just put the cape in a shop and make them cost anywhere between 5-20m.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »
I agree on the capes, because I'd love to be able to wear some of them. But I disagree on having to combine a ton of shit just to make the cape, just put the cape in a shop and make them cost anywhere between 5-20m.
But wouldn't 20m be enough for a fire cape, ava, god cape and skillcape?
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »
I support this. Putting a new twist in the game that wants people to reach either 100m or 200m in a stat could make it more enjoyable for the outcome once you reach either one of those Xp's. I strongly agree, and also I like the suggestion about the 100m untrimmed ones. Good suggestion, I'm in support.

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 04:28:00 pm »
But wouldn't 20m be enough for a fire cape, ava, god cape and skillcape?

It would, but we don't need item sinks, we're supposed to have a ton of fire capes and avas in-game, they're supposed to be commonly sold on the market, lol.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »
It would, but we don't need item sinks, we're supposed to have a ton of fire capes and avas in-game, they're supposed to be commonly sold on the market, lol.
I get that they're supposed to be commonly traded. But there needs to be demand for it in order for that to happen. If there is no demand, the item will be impossible to sell and thus people will start lowering their prices. B gloves are a good example of this, they're dropped in plenty of locations and definitely one of the most used items in the game. Yet the item is so rarely sought after due to there being so many of them and there no way of reducing that amount. The price of fcape was halved when jad was made easier and is still dropping.

If anything, this sink is gonna make people want another fire cape or two. Or ava, or god cape. It should bring more people to do jad and maybe even CW. It'll be more money made, which is something people care about a lot when choosing what they're gonna do. With these sinks the price of those three capes would only become more stable over time.

Though we aren't really getting anywhere here. Maybe an option to split the cape back into it's ingredients would be a decent idea? Someone wanting a set of the capes would still keep the master capes in his bank and require more capes, but those capes wouldn't really be lost. What do you think of that?
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 06:25:10 pm »
I get that they're supposed to be commonly traded. But there needs to be demand for it in order for that to happen. If there is no demand, the item will be impossible to sell and thus people will start lowering their prices. B gloves are a good example of this, they're dropped in plenty of locations and definitely one of the most used items in the game. Yet the item is so rarely sought after due to there being so many of them and there no way of reducing that amount. The price of fcape was halved when jad was made easier and is still dropping.

If anything, this sink is gonna make people want another fire cape or two. Or ava, or god cape. It should bring more people to do jad and maybe even CW. It'll be more money made, which is something people care about a lot when choosing what they're gonna do. With these sinks the price of those three capes would only become more stable over time.

Though we aren't really getting anywhere here. Maybe an option to split the cape back into it's ingredients would be a decent idea? Someone wanting a set of the capes would still keep the master capes in his bank and require more capes, but those capes wouldn't really be lost. What do you think of that?

yeah, listening to all those noobs who complained Fight caves being too hard backfired, didn't it? I was a happy man selling my f capes instantly for 35m or even more before that update. Now bandaid reversing that with an item sink is fully idiotic imo.
The following users liked this post: Deandam7, Keiskelar

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 07:04:35 pm »
yeah, listening to all those noobs who complained Fight caves being too hard backfired, didn't it? I was a happy man selling my f capes instantly for 35m or even more before that update. Now bandaid reversing that with an item sink is fully idiotic imo.
Why? Fight caves used to take a good 2 hours to complete, it was a pain in the ass. More casual players now actually have some sort of a shot at getting a fire cape now, this is a good thing. It opens up content to more players. We just need something to stabilize the price instead of having it drop.
;
Pages: 1 2 3