The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Aidanfu

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
LOOTING BAGS !!!
« on: December 20, 2016, 06:45:36 am »
This concept recently struck me but i thought it would be great if we could incorporate looting bags into the game, ranging from an extra 14-28 inventory slots ! this would make grinding skills out alot more enjoyable plus it would add another dynamic to the game so people who are pvming for extended periods of time or grinding out some mining or herblore levels less stressful/boring.

Obviously because it's such a useful addition to the game make it an exceedingly rare drop from a boss ? or you can buy it from an NPC for anywhere between 3-6M ? depending on bag size ?

I feel as if if you could buy it from an NPC it would somewhat be widely accessible to the overall populace. Furthermore if there was a 'hefty' price tag on it, it would require a degree of caution when using it in PVMing. Maybe you could throw in some function where it would act like a void set? gets broken on death and require a couple M to repair ? or degrades over time ? the former sounds better in my opinion !

Thanks for everything !!

Best of luck - Aidanfu

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: LOOTING BAGS !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 11:50:05 pm »
The way it's implemented in OSRS is really the only way to properly balance it. If you don't know, it can only be used in the wilderness, and you can only take items out in the bank. It effectively gives you more space to bring loot home from dangerous areas, increasing your staytime, how much loot pkers will get from you and how much you can profit. It promotes high risk/high reward gameplay.

The way you seem to have suggested it would quite simply make PvM/gathering skills/pretty much anything else where your inventory limitations are a factor a lot easier. This is something we definitely do not need. PvM is already dead easy, making anything easier will have an effect on the prices of the items you get from it. I wouldn't want everything to crash further.

Degradation would make it a little more okay, but a few mil is a small price to pay for an extra 14-28 inventory slots. That money can easily be acquired through using it. That amount of inventory slots will make you bank 1,5-2x less than you would normally. Saves you a ton of time in the long run.

I am a fan of how it works on OSRS, however it would require a custom interface and a lot of coding, so I don't think it will be worth developing.
;
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare, Hi Im Ethan
Pages: 1