The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Darker Manz

• Liked: 103 times
  • +0/-0
  • Success is an ally of all perseverance.
    • View Profile
loot rate.
« on: September 18, 2018, 10:38:35 am »
most players in game admire of group bosses,but there is bosses too easy to kill and to get loot.
like gwd bosses.for example bandos boss:
to get anything from bandos:5*0.9%=4.5% and the hilt 0.5%.
but most 3 players damge can get loot now. (so 4.5%*3=13.5%+hilt 1.5%) each kill.
becouse of that the prices of those items will down(bandos set was 50m now 25m soon 10m)...
but if the loots rates shrinking (like 0.5% chance drop for part) may this will help and bring price back of bandos to high.
and the loot rate in all gwd bosses should be down.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:40:52 am by Darker Manz »

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: loot rate.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:48:47 am »
This was made due to make players enter pvp more, not sure if it succeded...

But yeah, I agree when entering place should be made more rare drops.

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 11:20:57 am »
I agree that the update hasn't done anything good to the prices of the drops of godwars bosses. Lowering the drop rate could indeed be a solution, because I like how the loots are now divided by the best hitting 3 players. Another solution would be better, but I can't think of any...

Offline Darker Manz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:45:54 am »
Another solution would be better, but I can't think of any...
General more stronger?

Offline Darker Manz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 12:48:20 pm »
This was made due to make players enter pvp more, not sure if it succeded...
I mean only group bosses like gwd(no nex),qalphite,kbd... not pvp.
Drop rate of group bosses now x3.

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 03:10:59 pm »
I would prefer making the boss's combat stats scale depending on how much players enter the boss room. This way its also fair for players that try to solo the boss.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 04:50:26 pm »
I would prefer making the boss's combat stats scale depending on how much players enter the boss room. This way its also fair for players that try to solo the boss.

That wouldn't be such a bad idea! Something like a multiplier of 1.66 if 2 persons enter the room, a multiplier of 2.2 if three persons enter the room etc...

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 04:57:49 pm »
While I do understand the concern the solutions mentioned aren't removing but only delaying the issue with the whole system. As long as there is no sink for tradeable items they'll inevitably be devalued. RS3 solved this by introducing the Invention skill. Maybe we can think of something similar for new and degradeable power equipment or modifications that sinks existing items.

Also... it's not too bad if more GWD items get into the game. After all you need them for group bossing and other high level monsters. That makes more content available to lower leveled players.

Online Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 06:25:48 pm »
While I do understand the concern the solutions mentioned aren't removing but only delaying the issue with the whole system. As long as there is no sink for tradeable items they'll inevitably be devalued. RS3 solved this by introducing the Invention skill. Maybe we can think of something similar for new and degradeable power equipment or modifications that sinks existing items.

Also... it's not too bad if more GWD items get into the game. After all you need them for group bossing and other high level monsters. That makes more content available to lower leveled players.

Just a reminder, we have 100 players and over 500 sets in game
if you still feel like " its not too bad if more items enter " I would appreciate it if you send that to X amount of people that left because of the economy.
we've been asking for items sink for over 3 years already.

mind making this thing the next thing in game ? and actually make a topic about it to get some ideas ?

On topic, I agree it should be lowered again or at least to be made the same way Jhonson suggested ( same as nex )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Darker Manz, Gaypride

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:42 am »
Nobody has left because of bandos is a bit lower in price now that's for sure.

I'm honestly thinking why most of you are complaining about bandos being cheaper, i mean banshees, low level npcs used to drop the armour and everyone was fine with it? Everyone loved the easy grind for these items, why all of a sudden it had to be hard to get? It's not even the best armour or even close to it in the game while compared to back in the old days, when we had thousands of unique players who apparently stayed, because it wasn't a grind world.

Imho Wearing a complete set of one is completely pointless as there is a better alternative for little to no money difference, i suggest we revive the sets a bit by giving them unique effects when all parts are worn, good example was arma set with ags back in the day but the new one should definitely be different.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:31:13 am by Martin »

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Tomtim1, Emps Loover, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 07:59:02 am »
Price of gwd items went down because the have not been best-in-slot for fucking ages.

Bandos and armadyl pieces were 500k-2m each in scape back when gwd didnt even exist. It was great because people used them in wilderness because of their cheap price.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Martin

Offline Darker Manz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 08:44:16 am »
Nobody has left because of bandos is a bit lower in price now that's for sure.

I'm honestly thinking why most of you are complaining about bandos being cheaper, i mean banshees, low level npcs used to drop the armour and everyone was fine with it? Everyone loved the easy grind for these items, why all of a sudden it had to be hard to get? It's not even the best armour or even close to it in the game while compared to back in the old days, when we had thousands of unique players who apparently stayed, because it wasn't a grind world.

Imho Wearing a complete set of one is completely pointless as there is a better alternative for little to no money difference, i suggest we revive the sets a bit by giving them unique effects when all parts are worn, good example was arma set with ags back in the day but the new one should definitely be different.
Gwd is best money making, but now gwd items very cheap and if there is alot gwd items ing none interested to go gwd for worthless items, becouse soon everyone will get all of gwd items so none will buy those items anymore.

Online Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 01:30:21 pm »
Price of gwd items went down because the have not been best-in-slot for fucking ages.

Bandos and armadyl pieces were 500k-2m each in scape back when gwd didnt even exist. It was great because people used them in wilderness because of their cheap price.

Its not about the prices of items since I don't really care about this issue my self, its not a problem at all for me.
however I am against a lot of items entering the game without any leaving.
last time we tried to do something about this, we targeted the pvmers with the timer after death changes it might had a small impact on the situation however bosses are already so easy and it takes some time to get back there, that thing mainly targeted poor pvmers who are trying so hard to avoid duel arena and enjoy the game, for me ? ga all day long.

A lot of people suggested some great ideas for item sinking methods that all got rejected, we even suggested some ideas that Thomy can be part of however he refused again ( strange ideas tbh however it could've done the job anyway )

he is putting a lot of effort on adding new things which is great and I really appreciate it however he is putting the problem with the items entering without almost anything out aside everytime for almost 3 years.
the increase of our playerbase recently is something great and should help a lil bit on this case since the items will be with more people now however can't be " the only " method we have atm.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 02:39:20 pm »

Its not about the prices of items since I don't really care about this issue my self, its not a problem at all for me.
however I am against a lot of items entering the game without any leaving.
last time we tried to do something about this, we targeted the pvmers with the timer after death changes it might had a small impact on the situation however bosses are already so easy and it takes some time to get back there, that thing mainly targeted poor pvmers who are trying so hard to avoid duel arena and enjoy the game, for me ? ga all day long.

A lot of people suggested some great ideas for item sinking methods that all got rejected, we even suggested some ideas that Thomy can be part of however he refused again ( strange ideas tbh however it could've done the job anyway )

he is putting a lot of effort on adding new things which is great and I really appreciate it however he is putting the problem with the items entering without almost anything out aside everytime for almost 3 years.
the increase of our playerbase recently is something great and should help a lil bit on this case since the items will be with more people now however can't be " the only " method we have atm.

If the items are expensive, it is rather obvious that people will never take them anywhere risky. Items in Scape were cheap, and that was the one single reason why there was consistent supply and demand. It wasn't too punishing to risk a set of Bandos armor and you could always buy a set back when losing one.

At the current state of the game, there is no reason to ever buy multiple sets of Nex armor. You will never lose it and it is pretty much everything you will need to do any combat in the game. Those items are expensive because its a single purchase. The same applies to Scythe of Vitur and Twisted Bow in OSRS. You will only ever need one of those items.

But what would happen if those items were lost always on death? The items would crash in price and people would stop using them completely in risky situations. In other words, those items would crash until losing them is 'no more punishing'.
The following users liked this post: Darker Manz
Pages: 1