The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
List of idiotic money sinks!
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:11:07 pm »
- Make posting on forums cost 1m per post, 10m per thread and 100k per shoutbox shout
- Make logging in to the game cost 1m per login
- Make starting a PC game cost 1m and a CW game 5m
- Make teleporting to duel arena cost 100m per teleport
- Make talking to bankers cost 2m
- Make bronze degradable and repairable for 500k a piece and make bronze items a component to fix high-level equipment along with another 500k cash per piece
- Make selling items to General Store actually drain your cash stack
-  Make training skills past 20m xp cost 1m per 1m xp
- Make getting a slayer task cost 10m
- Make max cape cost 70k PGB each
- And finally, make kebab the best food in the game and make it only available from a NPC in Al Kharid for 100k gp each
I compiled this quick exaggerated list to let you guys know how stupid some of your moneysink ideas sound to me. You're welcome!

Anyway, most of the ideas have been along the lines of adding staking fees and making more items degrade. The problem with that crap is that the prior only proves how bad the actual content of this game is at keeping players on playing the game instead of staking and the latter only hurts the casual players who most of the time are poor beggars to begin with.

I'm not saying that sinks shouldn't be suggested at all. I'm saying that we should start adding new content along with those sinks. There's no goddamn point in adding sinks to parts of the game that worked perfectly fine in scape without any sinks at all. That's essentially taking things away from us that were once already given to us.

Construction is an excellent example that we should be getting relatively soon. Anyone can train it to 99 for a relatively cheap cost, but you can go so much beyond that by customizing your house and enlarging your e-penis with decorations, potentially the gilded altar, portals and such the more mulah you have.

A great example from RS3 are the boss instances. Instances are your personal boss rooms that allow you to set the number of players who can join you, their minimum combat level and the spawn speed of the boss. These typically cost 200k-1m per hour to use. They give rich high-level players the benefit of getting faster spawn speeds and more kills per hour for a cost of money that is sinked from the game. New players can still go to the regular boss rooms for free with no fear of being crashed by high-levels.

The grave system is also pretty smart in RS3 nowadays. You can either pay a sum of cash depending on how much wealth your items dropped on death are worth or you can choose to pay nothing, risk losing your items and run back to your death location to pick up your items. Here's a short explanation of the system and more can be read on RS wiki: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Death_(mechanic)

"Items worth up to 10,000 coins cost 15% to save and have a 60% sacrifice value. Items worth more than 10,000 coins have a decreasing percentage to save ending at 0.5% at an item worth upwards of 10,000,000 coins. All costs are rounded down. The minimum value reclaim can be is 1 coin. Sacrifice is always four times the cost of reclaim's final value.''

Construction, boss instances and the death system if RS3 all have one thing in common: the option of paying for QoL advantages that are in no shape or form mandatory. This is the kind of shit you guys should be suggesting to improve the game instead of trying to force lunatic sinks on everybody, even on those who are struggling with the game as it currently is.
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Drugs, Bluestorm, Tomtim1, Charr, Hi Im Ethan, Str8att7, Danielshapz, Cjkinsey6

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
Re: List of idiotic money sinks!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:53:23 am »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:21:25 am »
Now make one for item sinks :kappa:
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 07:46:42 am »
Now make one for item sinks :kappa:

Invention kthxbai

Basically the idea behind of ancient equipment of using components to fix stuff. This would require that the items you break for the components or the components themself should be common enough for the repair costs to be sensible. This isn't the case with elemental whips and that's the main reason they aren't used outside of staking even though they are perfectly viable weapons.

In emps using degrading equipment can cost several mils of gold per hour. In RS the cost for using lvl 90 weaponry is around 80k/h and armor set is around 1m/h. Using lvl 85 armor barely costs 120k/h.

I can post a complete chart of PvM costs in RS3 once I get home.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:42 am »
Make new skill called sinking, everytime you destroy an item you get xp!!  ::)

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:08:49 pm »
Here's the PvM cost analysis for RS3 at the end of 2016: http://i.imgur.com/NZ0BC8K.jpg
I added some explanations there for guidance since most of you have probably never played RS3. Charges are drained in combat, so any downtime between attacking monsters and such does not drain anything. The chart assumes you spend the whole hour in combat.

For some reference, I calculated how much my typical gear at Araxxi costs for me: http://i.imgur.com/UJlMnLb.png
JP or some other sharp eyed RS3 player may notice that my armor in the screenshot is augmented as well. However I don't use augmented armor while bossing so the costs are accurate.

Using a elemental whip in Emps in the long run will cost 3,024,000 gp/h assuming the price of a crystal is 20M, price of a whip is 1M and the probabilities of losing the whip or the crystal are equal when the item breaks, resulting into average loss of 10.5M per elemental weapon. You will spend 5000/(attack speed) = 5000/2.5 = 1440 charges per hour so the item will last for 5000/1440 = 3.47222 hours. The cost will be 10.5M/3.47222h = 3.024 M/h.

Alternatively you can use this formula to calculate the costs for any elemental weapon:
C being the price of crystal, W being the price of the base weapon and A being the attack speed of the weapon in seconds.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:10:53 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:11:59 pm »
all i see is a dead meme as your profile pick

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 04:04:09 pm »
This post is too capitalistic, to fix this switch the constant money values with percentages.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 06:35:38 pm »
This post is too capitalistic, to fix this switch the constant money values with percentages.

Using only an elemental whip in Emps costs 367,88% more than using my whole PvM gear in RS :kappa:
The numbers are comparable because making money in RS3 at high levels is as fast if not faster than in Emps.

Offline Degtukai

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 12:08:19 pm »
Make autotalker messages 5m gp/h :)

EDIT: for item sink, add a shop where you can sell all kinds of top tier armour for a little custom currency like idk.. RSP (random stuff points) and be able to trade RSP for custom items. cus u rich ppl wanna look fabulous ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:13:55 pm by Degtukai »

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 02:09:40 pm »
Make autotalker messages 5m gp/h :)

EDIT: for item sink, add a shop where you can sell all kinds of top tier armour for a little custom currency like idk.. RSP (random stuff points) and be able to trade RSP for custom items. cus u rich ppl wanna look fabulous ;)

Thanks, I'll add that to the list of idiocy
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Hi Fi Wi Fi

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:45 pm »
FU#K CASH SINKS!

https://gyazo.com/517658316cd3d6e072807d67ffe97269" width="198

https://gyazo.com/d38113e8d9332815008685345a844822" width="195
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123