The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Blade Fiery

• Liked: 64 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Let's change Emps-World a little bit
« on: July 18, 2016, 05:19:41 pm »
I have been thinking about it a while. There is some things that must have been changed already a long time ago.
Ameer also told me to make topic about it.

So the thing is:
1. We should make bosses a bit more harder
2. Maybe lose some monsters safespots
3. Droptable should get some changes, drops are too easy to get
4. Somehow we should sink items

Why do we need to do it ?
Because Emps-Worlds prices are already way too low and almost every items are too many in game, since we have losed some players and many stakers have mass sold their items, items prices have fallen hard.

Let's take example corporeal beast. It drops spirit shields. Somehow market got massively filled with those shields, the prices of those shields have fallen about 100% on few shields already (example:divine spirit shield).

I'm open for your ideas/suggestions/consent/refusal.

Emps-World Player Moderator since 28/02/2016

Emps-World Game Moderator since 05/04/2016
Emps-World player administrator since 07/14/2016

Resigned 08/11/2016 :)
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Mary

Re: Let's change Emps-World a little bit
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:57:26 pm »
corp beast is 1 in 1000 per sigil drop.. reason market is overflowing is because it's too easy to get high level, amount of high level players compared to low level is so big that every1 is farming high monsters and droprates no longer matter.

Offline Blade Fiery

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 06:13:32 pm »
It was just example, but there has to be something, that we can do about it .

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 06:19:23 pm »
corp beast is 1 in 1000 per sigil drop.. reason market is overflowing is because it's too easy to get high level, amount of high level players compared to low level is so big that every1 is farming high monsters and droprates no longer matter.

but wiki says its 1:500?

Offline Blade Fiery

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:37 pm »
actually it should be 4:500, since it drops 4 different shields with same droprate :)

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »
actually it should be 4:500, since it drops 4 different shields with same droprate :)
1 in 125 for any sigil actually.
Making items degreadable is the only solution I could think off tbh l0l and none wants that rite?

Mary

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
only fix i see that would work over time is reduce all xp rates back to scape values
The following users liked this post: Eliminator

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 07:21:56 pm »
only fix i see that would work over time is reduce all xp rates back to scape values
Changing combat xps back to 40 xp per hit like they were in scape would actually be pretty good imo. Not sure why were they increased to 80 anyway.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 07:48:46 pm »
Idk why people constantly keep asking for boss buffs and making items harder to get. PvMing is already dead. I haven't seen people other than me in GWD for ages. There's nobody at revs apart from patrolling PKers, Ice strykewyrms are dead, nobody goes to KQ and the rest of the bosses are simply completely pointless because of the shit loot they give unless you're an ironman.

If we look back to scape, all bosses were safespottable and bandos and armadyl were dropped by banshees and cockatrices. Items had demand because of the fact they were cheap, regular casuals were able to afford them. Most players nowadays run around in full dragon because of the fact they cannot afford shit. Bandos currently costs 40x more than what it did cost back in scape, and you complain it's cheap.
The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 05:28:38 am »
1. I swear Thomy made bosses harder just recently?

2. This is a must, but not all safespots should be removed.

3. Explain more? Do you want drop rates to change or drops in general? Drops are pretty hard to get, as I do believe they were also changed not so long ago...

4. We've been needing to sink items for about a year now. Maybe come up with an idea of how exactly we could sink items?
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »
Idk why people constantly keep asking for boss buffs and making items harder to get. PvMing is already dead. I haven't seen people other than me in GWD for ages. There's nobody at revs apart from patrolling PKers, Ice strykewyrms are dead, nobody goes to KQ and the rest of the bosses are simply completely pointless because of the shit loot they give unless you're an ironman.

If we look back to scape, all bosses were safespottable and bandos and armadyl were dropped by banshees and cockatrices. Items had demand because of the fact they were cheap, regular casuals were able to afford them. Most players nowadays run around in full dragon because of the fact they cannot afford shit. Bandos currently costs 40x more than what it did cost back in scape, and you complain it's cheap.

Going to continue my feedback on the suggestion:

We've been stuck arguing about item sinks and boss buffs/nerfs for ages. All that time spent on arguing is wasting Thomy's time on developing new things and new content. We recently got Obsidian Dragons, which are already dead content because of the fact that the claws are too rare and the rest of the drops are freaking garbage. When you ask Thomy to make all the rest of the drops in the game rarer, you're asking Thomy to make the rest of the content in this game dead as well.

My ironman, for example, already has better equipment than average Emps player has. I can get maximum of 1 Bandos kill per trip in that equipment. Is THAT too much? A year ago when I did GWD, people in dragon armor were able to do bandos and other GWD bosses by themselves because back then the bosses weren't so ridiculously tanky. The drops also had 10x more demand because regular players could go to make money and they were actually able to afford the gear.

Let me reword your suggestion:

1. Make bosses impossible for casuals to kill. They shouldn't do anything else than kill blue dragons
2. Let's remove the safespots so the casuals will have harder time killing those blue dragons
3. And when a casual attempts to do some PvM with a group of friends, let's ensure they get absolutely nothing so they'll go back to blue dragons
4. Somehow we should sink items so the casuals will have absolutely no hope of ever acquiring that armor

Our focus should be to make the game more appealing for new players, but we've done the exact opposite for the past year.

It seems like all of you have missed the fact that GWD armor isn't even the best armor in the game. Ancient equipment offers better offensive bonuses along with cheap repair cost. Of course bandos etc. will have lower demand because the rich player base aren't even using those items anymore. The cheap prices of divine can be explained by the fact that bows are two-handed and are used much more often than crossbows are. Elysian is getting cheaper because majority of the whole game's player base won't use magic after 99 at all. Arcane is getting cheap because again, 2 handed weaponry are superior to our one-handed selection.

Then there's the barrows equipment... they got nerfed to the fucking oblivion when SOME, not even all of the sets, had a use.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:40:53 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 04:20:07 pm »
It's fun and dandy that you point out all the issues Emps-World has and had for a long ass time but asking people for solutions and not giving any yourself doesn't really work does it

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Mary

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »
It's fun and dandy that you point out all the issues Emps-World has and had for a long ass time but asking people for solutions and not giving any yourself doesn't really work does it
you don't get it that's otto's sole purpose of existance dont point it at him or he might be permanently damaged
The following users liked this post: 66destroyer3

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile

Emps-scape moderator
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 07:45:53 pm »
Cough cash sink cough

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=9989.msg75873#msg75873

Only cash sink Emps needs is staking tax, that's where majority of the cash of the game is anyway, the duel arena.

My opinion on things is to leave them as they are and keep focusing on new content. How many months have we already wasted nerfing/buffing shit back and forth?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:47:40 pm by Someone12116 »
Pages: 1 2