The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Kekistani

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
Karamja agility arena experience bonus.
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:49:17 am »
I, a member of the ethnic Kekistani minority group, have noticed that chasing after tickets in Karamja agility arena is a bigger waste of experience than chasing after human women. Especially considering that the rewards are just as lousy.
So I must've been praised by the Kek, as I was hit with an idea of adding an agility experience bonus to players who have triggered the previous ticket dispenser.
I was thinking of around 30% bonus experience on all obstacles so long as the ticket remains #triggered.
Which if being triggered is considered the norm, would result in non-triggered people earning around 77 experience for every 100 experience a triggered person earns for doing the exact same work, the 77% experience gap should be enough to encourage them to chase after tickets to ensure that they get the extra experience as opposed to mindlessly jumping back and forth on a single obstacle or doing the same agility course over and over again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:07:56 am by Kekistani »
The following users liked this post: Cjkinsey6

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Karamja agility arena experience bonus.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:38:02 am »
As you mentioned, its experience rates are really low compared to other courses, which means than you only train there if you need the tickets, so everyone there gets them already so this wouldn't really change other than give it an overall buff.
The following users liked this post: Wg Iron

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:45 pm »
Agility needs a full rework.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:41:39 pm »

Unless u gonna suggest a totally AFK training method, it's a full waste of development time.
The following users liked this post: Reporter007, Wg Iron

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:16 pm »
Correct.
Agility as a whole is pretty pointless in Emps. At around 60 agility you have 200% run energy, which never actually runs out. So the only worthwhile reason to train agility is to obtain the skill cape (or obtain exp for those who like to go for 200m.)

In regards to the OP, I like the idea. The agility rewards in the store are quite underwhelming and therefore collecting tickets seems awfully pointless. Most people who want to train agility at Brimhaven will literally just ghost mouse going back and forward over the spinning blades until they move onto the wildy course. By making it actually worthwhile collecting tickets, you'll probably make the skill a little bit more enjoyable and I'm all for that.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Kekistani

• +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 04:52:35 am »
In regards to the OP, I like the idea. The agility rewards in the store are quite underwhelming and therefore collecting tickets seems awfully pointless. Most people who want to train agility at Brimhaven will literally just ghost mouse going back and forward over the spinning blades until they move onto the wildy course. By making it actually worthwhile collecting tickets, you'll probably make the skill a little bit more enjoyable and I'm all for that.

First of all, the dungeon entrance is at Musa Point, not Brimhaven, Brimhaven is the town that is West of the volcano, Musa point, where the entrance is, is to the East of it.

But other than that, yes, that's the idea, we shouldn't be looking at communism when designing skills, where people get paid the same regardless of the quality of their work, but instead we should allow people to be rewarded more for better quality work.
Also if a 77% earnings gap doesn't motivate people to make better life decisions, like choosing a method of training that promises more reward as opposed to one that is the least challenging (which in this case as you mentioned is using ghost mouse), then I don't know what will.
As for the tickets, I wouldn't mind if they did have a purpose as well if there were better rewards, but I would prefer it if the actual tickets weren't the main motivation for why people should chase after them and the focus should instead be on rewarding good training practices, hence why I'm suggesting an xp bonus for people who do collect them instead of coming up with better rewards for the store, because the rewards would at best be a temporary solution, until the market is overflown with the items and it's easier to buy one than to collect the tickets.

Just wanted to clarify in case anyone didn't understand from the first post.

Could be done by improving the system that we have now, we don't need a bunch of anarchists and feminists terrorizing people on the streets trying to destroy the culture we have and trying to pull down the current agility system only because they want it replaced with a bigger and more powerful agility system. We can just find the flaws in the system or come up with small ideas and let our developers improve the current system one update at a time.

Saying that agility needs a full rework is like finding a duping bug and dismissing it because the whole economy needs a full rework as there wasn't much demand for the items anyway, so people increasing the supply, which was already high, by duping, wouldn't really have an effect.
I'm sure that agility does need other improvements as well, but we should try to focus on suggestions about more specific updates, as this is going to get us closer to actually making progress, while looking at the big picture and saying that it's bad over and over again won't help us at all.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »
Saying that agility needs a full rework is like finding a duping bug and dismissing it because the whole economy needs a full rework
Except duping bugs are unintentional, and the way agility is implemented was intentional. While you're well spoken, that's a terrible comparison.

Fixing parts is an improvement, yes. If it's done as a whole however, you will have a hand instead of five fingers and a palm. The latter doesn't have as much of a capacity to hold on.

I'm sure that agility does need other improvements as well, but we should try to focus on suggestions about more specific updates, as this is going to get us closer to actually making progress, while looking at the big picture and saying that it's bad over and over again won't help us at all.
Why do that when I can suggest a full rework instead? Suggestion coming soon™.
;

Offline Kekistani

• +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
Fixing parts is an improvement, yes. If it's done as a whole however, you will have a hand instead of five fingers and a palm. The latter doesn't have as much of a capacity to hold on.
The developers aren't going to rewrite the whole thing anyway and there's no reason why they should unless you come up with a completely original system, which you most likely won't. We're going to have to add and remove fingers until we end up with a decent hand anyway. Until then, I wouldn't expect this update to take more than a few minutes, considering that we already have a bonus xp feature in the game or they can just add an if statement that checks whether the ticket dispenser has been tagged before agility experience is awarded. It wouldn't save agility but it would be a step closer to a better future.

Why do that when I can suggest a full rework instead? Suggestion coming soon™.
Try to focus on more diverse ways to train agility, I don't mean forcing people to use obstacles of different colors, but something that has some variety and isn't always the same, which the Karamja course is closest to, which is why it would be a good idea to promote it until you come up with something better. Good luck.

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 06:38:33 am »

The developers aren't going to rewrite the whole thing anyway
Developers plural? I thought thomy was a one man army :P

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 09:38:23 am »

The developers aren't going to rewrite the whole thing anyway
Developers plural? I thought thomy was a one man army :P

Thomy and Sven would both have to do it.
Pages: 1