The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Just something small [EDITED]
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:53:53 am »
I know we have the ::forum command, but i'm suggesting that you add in a ::guides command so newcomers can easily navigate to the guides without having to go through all the topics in the forums. Just to make some peoples life easier.
Edit: I'm now suggesting that we also add in a command that says every time you log in "use the ::command to view a list of your available commands".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:07:48 pm by Callmedragon »

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: Just something small
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:01:10 am »
This has been suggested before. I somewhat disagree, though. It would make it a lot easier for new users to look up guides but what's the harm in just scrolling down 2cm to get to the guides section? ???

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 05:11:49 am »
A ::post (postid) command would be a way better idea. It would lead players directly to a guide/update topic/suggestion and wouldn't be that hard to implement either.

This has been suggested before. I somewhat disagree, though. It would make it a lot easier for new users to look up guides but what's the harm in just scrolling down 2cm to get to the guides section? ???
I know this sounds weird, but a lot of people have trouble using the forum. The question "Where are guides?" is something I've been asked more than once.
;

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 05:13:22 am »
Why not, agree!

Most of the players don't use the forums and probably dont even know that the guides exist.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:24:53 am by C4 Nerd »

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Camlatty

• Liked: 131 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previous Emps-Scape, Emps World 23-05-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 08:54:20 am »
I agree! It would be so much more efficient especially if you don't have the forums already opened.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since 17.10.15-13.02.16

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:51 am »
I like the idea of making guides more known in-game however I think we should promote the forum as a whole a lot more too. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we have a link to the forum anywhere apart from the ::forum command (which is quite hidden in my opinion).

I would suggest adding a section for community under the quest tab and adding a direct link to the forum there along with some other active locations such as hiscores, etc. I guess an orb could work aswell next to the wiki icon near the mini-map.

edit: we did have an automated yell system for these things however that got removed quite a while ago for unknown reasons, I would like to see that return aswell.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:37:44 am by Il Pk I »

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Callmedragon, Str8att7

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 04:06:34 pm »
I would suggest adding a section for community under the quest tab and adding a direct link to the forum there along with some other active locations such as hiscores, etc. I guess an orb could work aswell next to the wiki icon near the mini-map.
I agree with adding a new section to find the forums easier, not many players know to use the ::commands when they first log in to see what they have access too.
Another suggestion would be to add in a command when logging in that says "use ::command to view a list of your available commands".
Pages: 1