The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Ivy
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:21:27 am »
I'm suggesting that Ivy's are added in. For those of you who don't know Ivy's are a type of vine that grows up the wall in select locations, which I will list below later. Ivy's are used to gain woodcutting experience and were added into Runescape around 2009-2010ish, don't take my word for that however. Ivy's are not necessarily afkable, but do require less attention than cutting down trees. Ivy's can be completely chopped down which then makes you have to wait a select amount of time for it to respawn. Normally at Ivy locations you'll find 4-7 other Ivy's lined up next to it. When cutting down Ivy's you can also get crushed bird nest drops, which would be very helpful because right now you can only get them from cutting down magic trees and killing high level monsters (Ice strykewyrms, Commander Zilyana, Armadyl boss room minions, and Kree'Arra).You can increase your chance of getting crushed birds nest by wearing a "unlucky rabbits foot necklace". We could add in this necklace by simply getting a rabbits foot from hunting, and putting it in a mold, then putting it on the string. Adding Ivy's in-game would allow players to gain more xp per hour in woodcutting while cutting Ivy's opposed to either cutting magic logs or "power woodcutting" a different type of log. Of course choosing to cut Ivy's has it's advantages and disadvantages. By choosing to cut Ivy's you will gain more xp and hour, but the disadvantage would be the fact that you aren't making any money other than the occasional drop of a crushed birds nest. I don't know a good amount of xp that each Ivy should give, so I am not going to throw a number out there. However, I do think Ivy's should require 70 woodcutting. Some of the locations that would be accessible for the Ivy's would be in the following lcoations. The Falador and Castle wars location already have the Ivy growing here, you're just unable to chop it. The Varrock location does not have the Ivy growing up alongside the wall yet.

Located along the wall of the Southwest corner of Castle Wars ARENA. Seven spots in total.

Second place would be located on the North side of Varrock Palace (close to the 3 yew trees). 5 spots in total here.

Thirdly, and lastly, North side of Falador wall. This location has 8 Ivy spots.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:18:56 am by Callmedragon »

Offline Camlatty

• Liked: 131 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previous Emps-Scape, Emps World 23-05-15
    • View Profile
Re: Ivy
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:47 am »
I think this would be a great addition, I have not played Runescape so I am unaware of the respawn time. What respawn time was used in Runescape? I wouldn't mind this when tryna get the xp gains :D.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since 17.10.15-13.02.16

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:08:25 am »
I think this would be a great addition, I have not played Runescape so I am unaware of the respawn time. What respawn time was used in Runescape? I wouldn't mind this when tryna get the xp gains :D.
I honestly couldn't tell you the respawn time. I want to say several minutes (2-3), but I am unsure.

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 10:43:49 am »
suggested by me and by many others, no1 agreed :\

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 10:54:57 am »
suggested by me and by many others, no1 agreed :\
I'm glad you've suggested it before, that's not really the information I am looking for though. Please don't post on here saying no one else supported yours even though I have two post on here and one person has already said they support it.

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 11:25:53 am »
Your explanation for this suggestion has somekinda changed my old opinion about Ivy. I think that it would not really matter having it in-game so I support your suggestion.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline P U R 3 N 1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:46 pm »
that would be awasome! +++++

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 03:26:19 pm »
It would be pretty neat to have Ivy in game. It would be useful for gaining some experience other than magic logs.

Also,  could you try like adding tabs into your text,  or at least format it so it doesn't look like a wall of meat?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 04:00:24 am »
dont cry about what i said, if i suggested it be4 that means that i agree and i still do.
EDIT: btw there is also ivy and ardougne and few other places if u want to add them to ur post
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:02:47 am by Blue Bird »

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 06:16:42 am »
Your explanation for this suggestion has somekinda changed my old opinion about Ivy. I think that it would not really matter having it in-game so I support your suggestion.
Glad my explanation was easy to follow while being able to accomplish the point of what it is i'm suggesting. Thank you for the feedback.  :)
The following users liked this post: Esam121

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 11:51:10 am »
Adding Ivy's in-game would allow players to gain more xp per hour in woodcutting.

That's exactly what I don't want to see in the game.

You can get over 3m exp per hour with double exp right now.. I strongly disagree with making woodcutting even easier. Adding those bird nests to magic trees would work as good in my eyes.
This.

All we seem to do is make skills easier. I miss having to grind for my levels, like in old old Emps.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
Pages: 1