The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
Item recovery changes
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »
Hello
So all staff member already seen heard one bad thing about item recovery thing. Like you got to wait until hacker appeals ban to get items back. Well even staff member with one's i talked agreed that its stupid thing, because hacker may never appeal ban because he simply quited this game, same happened to me i got hacked the hacker is banned and now i waiting until he appeals ban for 4 months and still nothing which really pisses of... So something needs to be changed. For example, the hackers bank could be entirely wiped out and the hacked items  gaved back to the person which was hacked. This would be much better for everyone who suffer from this thing, and believe me im not alone.
The following users liked this post: Sir Rambo

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Item recovery changes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »
It is part of the players' rights for the staff team to never access his/her account and we stand by that. Besides, there are very few people that we can trust with the ability to spawn or access banks.
Currently we cannot delete items from people's banks besides actually 'hacking' them by changing their password and enter the account, which we refrain from. Mainly because it will register the account to our name and IP adress, it will change the password of the account thus refraining the owner from accessing it without having to explicitly inform them of this, and also because we do not 'hack' our players as part of the rights mentioned aforehand.

We do not spawn the items back for the player that got his items stolen, because we simply do not have the time to verify this and support this manual system and this process would actually duplicate the items (in case the hacker gets unbanned in the future) because we do not delete the items from the hackers' bank.

Having to log all of these processes while also executing and verifying them would put an tremendous strain and bureaucratic process on the few people that might be able to be trusted with this, with an increased risk of abuse by both staff and player alike. Thus we currently have no policy on returning the items other than with the hacker's cooperation as this would impose both stress and risk on the player service we can offer on this server.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!
The following users liked this post: Charr, Blue Bird, Ironman Tim

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 06:35:23 pm »
lets say you have given your items back and the "hacker" gets un-banned...than what happens? the item gets duplicated, and as much as i don't like the system, it seems fair enough.

Offline Gabol

• +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 07:21:10 pm »
zudikas, hacker would be wiped out no duplication or what so ever. And Mary what rights when player is thief. And how would you feel knowing the person who hacked you got trade logs but no one can do anything just because he will never appeal ban because just doesnt care about this game... The person who worked hard for long time period cant do anything to get stuff back. And items were mine so hacker doesnt own them he just stolen them so actually you can take them without his permission.

Offline Gabol

• +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 04:22:20 pm »
well really? this is important thing and everyone is ignoring it? You will understand this when u will be in same situation

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 06:29:58 pm »
All players have rights and even besides the point we do not support the manpower to process this bureaucracy. Every hack and scam case is different and it already costs us a lot of time to figure out the truth.
I for a fact would not like to have a couple hundred scamming accounts logged on my name that i had to deal with manually, because this also complicates any other account request in the future. We cannot verify which ones are hackers, which ones are not and which ones might even be hacked by the staff member that has access to such power.
This policy cannot and will not be changed, I'm sorry but you will have to wait until your hacker appealed the ban. And even so if he does not care, he could also have destroyed your items, with no chance to get them back at all.

The following users liked this post: Blue Bird

Offline Gabol

• +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 09:57:44 am »
well its always like that. Emps staff just cares about their "friends" or big people and ignores smaller ones. If you would be in same situation you will be doing like me. But now just tell same story about rights and stuff...If you would look it seriously you would see where its hack or not. But now even few staff member wasnt able to find trade logs which shows that they dont even care about their "job" only few people were better and done their job. And so you care more about hacker rights than on player who lost stuff he earned hard rights which are worth more than thieves

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »
Everyone gets treated equally and thus we decided to be unanimous about not spawning items back. If we spawn items back for certain players we would be accused of favoritism and everyone will want it! This makes it incredibly hard to stay objective and judge appropiately if the case would be eligible for or not.

If you believe like a staff member does you unjust or does not handle your case well you can always ask for another staff member to review it! Ofcourse not every staff member, especially the higher ups like thomy, do not have time to review every case a player asks for (generally there's a couple players that demand that only thomy handles their stuff) and this might impact the line of processing player support and slowing it down even more. Especially when there would be such a policy this would slow it down a lot. Consider that aswell!

Pages: 1