The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Mattthu

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nothing here
    • View Profile
Item dropped timer
« on: March 19, 2018, 02:29:05 pm »
I suggest upping the time from 2 minutes to 5 or 10. My PC crashed at nex and when I logged back in I had 30 seconds remaining, which made me lose my items due to a reason I can't control. I mean, if you die ingame, you run back anyways, so that 2 minute timer is pointless anyways, but if you get disconnected or crash, you have very small probability to get your items back. In oldschool RS you have 60 minutes of timer to get back your tradeable items.

Thank you,
Mattthu

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Item dropped timer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:34:53 pm »
This is one of the methods that has been suggested in the past for item sinking ( I don't know If I liked this idea back then or not )
However I am sure I don't like it now,

At some point we had around 200+ or even 300 online players, all of em pvmed and afaik the drop rates back then were a bit higher such thing resulted on a lot of items entering the game, then the number dropped to half or even 1/3 of what it used to be.
one of the methods ( possibly the only method ) was to reduce the timer so people who die might lose their items -> less items ing.

I wouldn't mind changing it back to 5 mins or so as I find it unfair for people who has slow pc which results on em not pvming because the risk of them dying and not being able to get their items back ( there is no point on buying a ga which worth 20mil+ for people who use a set that worth less than ga )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, Blakpn0y

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »
If you die you're suppose to lose your items, you're not suppose to disconnect.
If osrs death timer is 60 minutes, personally to me it shows that the servers are absolute garbage and people are getting ddosed constantly. I doubt osrs would implement 60min death timer for people with crap pc's or bad providers.

There's a statement to be made that large amount of players we have now have shit pcs, and due to low player count you could cater to their needs. Well death in godwars is already safe as fuck.
I think better QOL would be to make some sort of teleportation method to the nex/yk's boss room, if you still won't make it then well shit.

The following users liked this post: Jp, Il Skill L

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:09:28 pm »
We have GAs that allow you to save hundreds of mills of risk simply by buying tickets for fre mills each. You alrrady have a choice of saving your shit on death.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Mattthu

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nothing here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 10:25:40 pm »
We have GAs that allow you to save hundreds of mills of risk simply by buying tickets for fre mills each. You alrrady have a choice of saving your shit on death.

I'm too poor to buy 20m GA ticket or donate real money. Hell, can't even buy a decent PC, lol.
Pages: 1