The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Il Skil1z Il

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Irrelevant but still a harmless idea
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:57:41 pm »
Why not add the "Join while the game's running" idea to Pest control, since that option is available in CW
P.S Like the title says, this idea is not that important so if anybody has a problem with this it's cool, I just thought it would great
to have the same equality in both of the minigames, and considering we keep having a rivarly on whether which minigame is better
Hint,hint Kaute and Dylan ::)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:00:18 pm by Il Skil1z Il »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Irrelevant but still a harmless idea
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:45:00 pm »
Because pest control doesn't necessarily get better with more people, in fact it probably gets worse. People that want to farm the minigame will have a harder time doing so because people can get in and take their monsters. This won't make it significantly worse but it'll definitely bring up even more complaints about pest control from people that are just trying to farm.

I'd say pest control is fine as it is.
;
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline R I P

• Liked: 55 times
  • +0/-0
  • For those I love I will sacrifice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:02:55 pm »
Because pest control doesn't necessarily get better with more people, in fact it probably gets worse. People that want to farm the minigame will have a harder time doing so because people can get in and take their monsters. This won't make it significantly worse but it'll definitely bring up even more complaints about pest control from people that are just trying to farm.

I agree with charr.
ING: R (Space Space) I (Space Space) P
Purple since January 2016

Offline Il Skil1z Il

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »

You got a very good point there^

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 07:33:38 pm »
Just make it so the max players you can have in a game is 10, and once the boat is full with 10 those 10 players are sent to the island.
The remaining players, as long as it is 5, can wait for the next game to start in 30 seconds. Make it so more than one game can be run at the same time.
Being able to join the game while one is currently going would be useful, but it could also throw the whole game off because a lot of the time players don't know and/or don't care if that game is 'farming' or not and they're just there for fast games.
The following users liked this post: Selene Gomez

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:35:15 pm »
Just make it so the max players you can have in a game is 10, and once the boat is full with 10 those 10 players are sent to the island.
The remaining players, as long as it is 5, can wait for the next game to start in 30 seconds. Make it so more than one game can be run at the same time.
Being able to join the game while one is currently going would be useful, but it could also throw the whole game off because a lot of the time players don't know and/or don't care if that game is 'farming' or not and they're just there for fast games.
Whole lot of work for a potentially increased chance at failing the minigame. This would be a disaster.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:48:51 pm »
Whole lot of work for a potentially increased chance at failing the minigame. This would be a disaster.
I run games with 5-6 players all the time. This doesn't increase or decrease the chance of failing the minigame at all.
I prefer running games with lower players anyways, much more smooth forward going and people actually understand when I explain how to 'farm'.
The more people the easier it is to kill the portal which makes it easier to "fail" the game when players are trying to farm.
The less people means the less people you have to protect the void from dying, which also makes it easier to fail them game. This is the only way I see it 'failing'
Adding in another island for more than one game to run at a time doesn't add any extra scarce of failing the game, just allows players to be able to enter games quicker as they won't have to wait minutes for one game to end because the current game running is farming.
We would be failing by not implementing this which would be allowing players to go in and out of games quicker which would could potentially make the game more popular because you don't have to stand in a boat for 5 minutes waiting for a game to start or you don't have to go through a game in 2 minutes getting 75 tokens because the people you're playing with don't know how to farm.
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Selene Gomez

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 10:34:47 am »
This will result in the same thing as castle wars, people don't play the minigame have an alternate account in castle wars and wait until it's the last 5 minutes while they do something else on their main.

Which is not how minigames should be used or played

(sorry kaute)

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Ironman Tim
Pages: 1