The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman mode
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 06:24:05 pm »
With the same logic we should disables minigames so that people wouldn't be able to leech off of non-ironmen in PC or CW. IMO it's a bigger problem (or at least was) that people can straight up donate for whips and other t70s on the day of starting ironman. You can still donate for tickets and scrolls and you've done nothing ingame to deserve those. Being able gift that shit is fair for everyone regardless of their IRL wealth.

If we disable gifting these items for ironmen, donations should be disabled completely for ironmen as well.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:29:54 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 06:30:15 pm »
With the same logic we should disables minigames so that people wouldn't be able to leech off of non-ironmen in PC or CW.
Correct. Minigames are incredibly rewarding for ironmen starting off. It would be much more of a challenge if they would have to earn these items in a different way. I would actually like to see that, but that's a subject for another topic.

IMO it's a bigger problem (or at least was) that people can straight up donate for whips and other t70s on the day of starting ironman.
I agree. But that's been adressed, has it not?
;

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »
With the same logic we should disables minigames so that people wouldn't be able to leech off of non-ironmen in PC or CW.
Correct. Minigames are incredibly rewarding for ironmen starting off. It would be much more of a challenge if they would have to earn these items in a different way. I would actually like to see that, but that's a subject for another topic.

IMO it's a bigger problem (or at least was) that people can straight up donate for whips and other t70s on the day of starting ironman.
Indeed, Otto had a different opinion about it back then tho :P

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=17474.msg138226#msg138226
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:01:58 pm by Tomtim1 »

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 08:32:40 pm »

Indeed, Otto had a different opinion about it back then tho :P

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=17474.msg138226#msg138226

My personal opinion is that everything is fine as it is. Let people play the game as they want, whether they like to give themselves free tickets and/or dxp scrolls. Different people can enjoy playing the game in a numerous different ways, there's no denying that.

Charr's trying to argument his points from competitive perspective, and I personally don't give a fuck about that. There's no way of ''fixing the competition'' after this long time, especially the combat XP rates have been halved since the release. Then there's the obvious advantage you get from donations. People who started ironman on release were also able to get free dxp scrolls with EP.

If you want some competitive skilling shit added to the game, Charr, go suggest some seasonal shit which is based on base xp rates or resources gathered/used. That's how it's actually fair for everyone.
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, Tomtim1, Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Emilsen102

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 09:43:11 pm »
Uhh.. so they should be untradeable so it would be more difficult for ironmen to get member and double exp... unless they also add EC to that account and just buy them through EC shop? these items are, unlike most others, there to give people a reason to donate and keep the server up. When using one you must either donate yourself, or support the ones who purchase member to make money. by making these untradeable, you will not just make it more difficult for people to enjoy the full extend of emps world. you also significantly reduce the target group of people who buy these items to sell them ingame, reducing the demand and thus making it less worth the irl money that they spend, which will in the end have a negative effect on the server.

Besides. using double experience tickets doesn't give you any advantage over anyone else. unless you are having a levelling contest.

And if i want to donate to become a member i would have to pay on 3 different accounts, leaving a lot of leftover EC on each. i would much rather just pay one time for 3 tickets and then have the leftover EC on my main account. it would make it much more manageable. if i donated for 3.5 euro on each account i would have 3 accounts with EC enough for a 2x exp scroll i won't be able to claim unless i pay for 3 months.

And let's be real. most ironmen are alternative accounts, with main accounts who have been through the levelling process before. by allowing them to transfer membership and scrolls you don't ruin the experience in any way.
i aint playing it unless it looks like the offspring of the sims and minecraft

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 09:45:03 pm »
Uhh.. so they should be untradeable so it would be more difficult for ironmen to get member and double exp...

Dear fucking lord...

The trading should only be allowed through Grand Exchange, though, to eliminate gifting of these items as much as possible.

The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 10:15:46 pm »
Besides. using double experience tickets doesn't give you any advantage over anyone else. unless you are having a levelling contest.
Right, because using half the resources and/or spending half the time isn't an advantage of any kind.

And let's be real. most ironmen are alternative accounts, with main accounts who have been through the levelling process before. by allowing them to transfer membership and scrolls you don't ruin the experience in any way.
Just because they're an alt doesn't mean the gamemode should steer away from it's core philosophy. It's a gamemode about earning stuff, gifting yourself stuff from another account is not earning stuff.
;

Offline Tadas47

• Liked: 50 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 01:09:31 pm »
I kinda agree aswell, alch some rune shit to buy that stuff isnt that bad. While other rich boyz just trade from mains.

Otherways its weird how charr is suggesting this, when u said ur not going to waste ur time writing suggestions for ironmans when ur not even playng or interested on this mode. :P

Thank you Mary!

Love u fate!

Offline Emilsen102

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 01:47:23 am »
Right, because using half the resources and/or spending half the time isn't an advantage of any kind.

Just because they're an alt doesn't mean the gamemode should steer away from it's core philosophy. It's a gamemode about earning stuff, gifting yourself stuff from another account is not earning stuff.

What i meant about an advantage is that the double exp doesn't offer you anything besides faster levelling. you don't get to train skills to level 120 because of it. and you don't get bonus stuff from doing skills (more herbs from farming, (4) potions from herblore. etc). all it does, is making it easier to progress through the skills. and honestly, that's a good thing. because a lot of the skills are boring and mostly irrelevant.

What are you going to use fletching for? except for runite bolts.
what does thieving give you access to? except for the farmers, you only get a low amount of gold.
and let's not get started on firemaking.

Most skills have so little impact on the game, except for some special snowflakes in each skill.
The scrolls help people get through the skills faster. not easier. unless you see "time consuming" as a difficulity factor. and i know you don't, since you were the one to often talk about getting bosses with mechanics. i feel like this is getting a bit off topic though.

If you think it should be harder for ironmen to get the scrolls, then why aren't you mentioning the EC shop? it's literally the source of the scrolls. it's a place where you can buy as many scrolls as you want. i could add in enough EC for 500 scrolls and then start grinding. Is that not an unfair advantage either? again. if "being time consuming" was a difficulity factor, these items would just be straight out unbalanced and pay-to-win. but because they are not impacting the game in any other way than faster progression.

I can see where you are coming from here. but not allowing them to be tradeable "to minimize gifting and easy access to fast levels", while leaving them open in the EC shop seems weird to me.

I think that they should either stay the way they are now, or they should be made equally harder to get. both for rich kids with moms credit card, and for poor bastards like me. i suggest putting the XP scrolls into the EP shop for ironmen. just like the old exp scroll system. and then make the new scrolls untradeable to ironmen. anything else would seem unfair.

Offline Emilsen102

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 01:57:30 am »
Uhh.. so they should be untradeable so it would be more difficult for ironmen to get member and double exp...

Dear fucking lord...

The trading should only be allowed through Grand Exchange, though, to eliminate gifting of these items as much as possible.

Well, excuse me for wording it incorrectly. i meant trading as a direct exchange between two players. where items can be traded for other items, as where i would usually say "purchase" when referring to Grand Exhange where items only can be exchanged with coins.

And even if i did not specify exactly what i meant. the message of that line of text still remains true. it will be more difficult for ironmen to get membership and double exp through the game. and it will force low levelled players to either grind for hours, or pay with irl money. This is also the case for most facebook games, may i add.

On a last note. Please lay off the edgelord attitude. you do this on a lot of posts. It doesn't provide any to the conversation and it's just cringy.
Pages: 1 2