The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ironman mode
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:19:01 am »
I'm suggesting to remove the ability to trade member tickets/dxp scrolls/ga tickets to ironmen.

The GE or donating should be the only way for them to acquire the scrolls.

Because the items are tradable they can be given to ironmen. Ironmen receiving benefits from trading is the very thing you're not supposed to have when playing on an ironman. Since it's possible to transfer items from an ironman to a main account an ironman could actually sell their items using an alt and return the profit to an ironman in the form of tickets/scrolls.

There is already next to no competition on the highscores, in it's current state it puts newer or poorer players at a severe disadvantage when starting an ironman. Someone with funds on a non-ironman account has a huge advantage because they won't have to do anything for membership or double exp. It takes away a lot of 'value' from the seperate highscores. Any skill that doesn't involve using up resources is essentially already the same on an ironman as on a regular account since you get to trade for dxp. If ironmen at the very least have to get their own cash to pay for these things it'll actually be somewhat different for them.

GA tickets are a problem as well. Death should have consequences, especially on a gamemode about working for stuff yourself. It was one of the main things people said ironman mode shouldn't have access to before it was released.

If I start an ironman right now I could trade over 500 dxp scrolls and essentially have dxp running until I'm maxed. I could trade over a year's worth of member tickets. I could buy a bunch of GAs and essentially never fear dying. How is that fair? Frankly I'm suprised there are little to no complaints about this. It goes against the gamemode and essentially devalues a lot of the work people have done before the change.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:38:15 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, 2 Sexy For U

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman mode
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:44:47 pm »
works exactly same for non ironmens lol.

but other than that i agree, its kinda op and in some way unfair. on other hand, might as well just completely remove that content out of the game so there would never be any confession about it :kappa:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:58:52 pm by Iron 69 »
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:19:10 pm »
works exactly same for non ironmens lol.
In this case might as well just make all of this untradeable for every1, or completely remove it from the game
Yes, but the entire fucking point of ironman mode is to earn stuff yourself. If you allow ironmen to recieve certain items without earning them that goes against that. I'd be against giving them the ability to donate as well, but money is good enough of a reason to let them donate.

You seem to also have missed something: "The GE or donating should be the only way for them to acquire the scrolls."
Ironmen would still be able to obtain the items, they'd just have to earn cash first. The items could still be obtained and used, but they would have to be earned. Meaning nobody an advantage over everyone else by giving their ironman free shit. This doesn't matter for non-ironman accounts since their gamemode isn't entirely about earning stuff.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »
I'm just going to disregard every single suggestion made by you mentioning the words 'competition', 'disadvantage', 'advantage' and 'unfair' for some obvious reason everyone here knows.

Competition in this game is fucking dead and there's no way of changing that since dxp enters the game through donations. It could be helped with bringing dxp weekends back so that everyone has the same number of hours of dxp available per week no matter their wealth irl or in game. If that's out of the question, then don't bother at all cuz the system would just get destroyed even further.
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Crusher123, Tomtim1, Charr, Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 06:45:26 pm »
I do not see a flaw in removing double xp tickets and ga tickets from that list but member tickets should stay, you're not really earning it by donating for it either.

It's our decisions that define us

:)

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 07:38:45 pm »
In the current state of ironman mode, you can gain a massive advantage from real life wealth by simply donating for GA tickets and DXP. The easy step of making things fair for everyone is to make DXP and GA tickets tradeable. This would still require the ironmen to earn more alch money than they would have needed otherwise, which can actually be harder than just gathering the supplies. The trading should only be allowed through Grand Exchange, though, to eliminate gifting of these items as much as possible.

Alternatively we could have either dxp weekends or dxp for ep back, since people actually enjoyed those. The current system is complete ass regardless of game mode.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 08:37:59 pm »
It seems people are missing what I'm getting at. I will attempt to clarify better.
In the current state of ironman mode, you can gain a massive advantage from real life wealth by simply donating for GA tickets and DXP. The easy step of making things fair for everyone is to make DXP and GA tickets tradeable. This would still require the ironmen to earn more alch money than they would have needed otherwise, which can actually be harder than just gathering the supplies. The trading should only be allowed through Grand Exchange, though, to eliminate gifting of these items as much as possible.
This is what I would want. Currently ironmen can be gifted dxp scrolls and all that. They should only be able to get them through the GE.

;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 11:35:02 pm »
It seems people are missing what I'm getting at. I will attempt to clarify better.
This is what I would want. Currently ironmen can be gifted dxp scrolls and all that. They should only be able to get them through the GE.

Dxp scrolls shouldn't even be a thing. If we're downgrading the game that much we might as well go back to scape graphics and release os-emps.
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, S Clegane, Iron 69

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 01:33:49 pm »
I agree 100% with this, No point in making ironman a similair mode as the normal accounts. I like the idea of being able to get double xp scrolls, member tickets ga tickets not really, however , as you mention in ur post they should not be tradeable . Working 10-14m cash for a member ticket on an ironman would be fairly challenging and indeed something which would make it harder as an ironman. 100% support in this post :)

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »
Why do you care so much about ironmen lol

ot I can agree with your point that ironmen should work for their stuff

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 11:24:19 pm »
I think that they should be able to trade member tickets, simply because it's pointless to force ironmen to grind for coins all the time for something as essential as membership.
I don't have an opinion on dxp scrolls because I don't like them existing at all, so I don't really care which way they go.
However I agree with the red mod that donating isn't really earning items, but I would go further than just GA tickets not being tradable and say that ironmen should either be able to buy all donator items from GE or not be able to buy any of them except member tickets (which should still remain tradable even if that's the case).

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »
I agree 100% with this, No point in making ironman a similair mode as the normal accounts. I like the idea of being able to get double xp scrolls, member tickets ga tickets not really, however , as you mention in ur post they should not be tradeable . Working 10-14m cash for a member ticket on an ironman would be fairly challenging and indeed something which would make it harder as an ironman. 100% support in this post :)

Ironman mode is nowhere near similar mode to normal accounts. You get everything by yourself still, thats the main point of the gamemode. Yet member tickets/xp scrolls and ga tickets is just a bonus perks you can use. In fact its not even challenging to gain that cash for the perks, unless its a beginning levels of the gameplay. Its like "snowballing" the game, essentially when you get better gear, the game starts to be easy and you just roll around the game with ease more and more.

Like whats the point to even whine about this whole situation?
random complaining about everything person: - "Oh, look, this ironmen has xp scroll, thats so unfair, he is going to use it on skilling and gain advantage on other ironmens."
that ironmen with a xp scroll: - *sarcastic* "yeah, just let me buy the supplies and train with double xp scroll."

HEHE XD

Cx in chat btw
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:19:52 pm by Iron 69 »
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 05:45:18 pm »
Ironman mode is nowhere near similar mode to normal accounts. You get everything by yourself still, thats the main point of the gamemode.
So if I give you 500 dxp scrolls you will have earned them yourself? On what planet?

Yet member tickets/xp scrolls and ga tickets is just a bonus perks you can use. In fact its not even challenging to gain that cash for the perks, unless its a beginning levels of the gameplay. Its like "snowballing" the game, essentially when you get better gear, the game starts to be easy and you just roll around the game with ease more and more.
Yes, this suggestion is about making sure that ironmen actually earn the cash for these items, rather than them being able to get them for free.

Like whats the point to even whine about this whole situation?
random complaining about everything person: - "Oh, look, this ironmen has xp scroll, thats so unfair, he is going to use it on skilling and gain advantage on other ironmens."
that ironmen with a xp scroll: - *sarcastic* "yeah, just let me buy the supplies and train with double xp scroll."
I'll mention it again.

The trading should only be allowed through Grand Exchange, though, to eliminate gifting of these items as much as possible.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 05:53:44 pm »
Ironman mode is nowhere near similar mode to normal accounts. You get everything by yourself still, thats the main point of the gamemode.
So if I give you 500 dxp scrolls you will have earned them yourself? On what planet?

If YOU out of all people actually gave somebody ANYTHING, that person must have done something pretty fucking significant to earn that.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »
If YOU out of all people actually gave somebody ANYTHING, that person must have done something pretty fucking significant to earn that.
;
Pages: 1 2