The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Mary

Ironman mode
« on: June 28, 2015, 11:58:41 am »
Probably been suggested before, but this will be an specified suggestion about it. Pretty much everyone knows what an ironman is or have an account for that.

An ironman is an account that does not receive help from anyone else, and has to do everything himself (with the exception of some multiplayer minigames). You will need to set your ironman status on Tutorial island, and this mode cannot be reverted!
Ironman accounts will receive a specific item (and maybe a symbol next to their name) to be able to display their status to other players.

This mode poses a new challenge to players that know the game throughoutly and strive to gain a significant spot of honour in the highscores for ironman. This would be a seperate highscore tab specifically for ironmen that shows the total level and total xp of all ironman players. Their individual stat levels are shown as normal in the rest of the highscores.

The rules:
An ironman account can not trade with other players (this also includes member rings: if you need membership on your ironman account you will need to donate for donator points);
An ironman account can not see the monster loot of other players;
An ironman account can not see the drops of other players;
An ironman account can not receive aid from other players (the aid on button is disabled), such as tele-other, vengeance-other and cure other;
An ironman account can not receive combat buffs from released butterflies by other players;
An ironman account can not participate in PvP situations where he might gain loot or experience by killing another player;
An ironman account can not participate in the duel arena;
An ironman account can not obtain loot from the Falador Party room;
An ironman account can not buy player items from stores such as the General store, he is only allowed to buy items that are normally in stock;
An ironman account can not buy a guardian angel.
An ironman account will not receive slayer experience from killing a monster if anyone else tagged it with damage (so not just more than 50% damage);
An ironman account will not receive items from admin-hosted events (as game and high administrators may trade through all trade restrictions).
An ironman account will lose all his items upon death;

Allowed:
An ironman account is allowed to participate in minigames such as Castle wars and Pest control, but does not gain combat experience playing it. He can however, gain rewards from it;
An ironman account is allowed to combat bosses or whatever monsters in a group, but will be unable to share his loot, or others to share loot with him;
An ironman account is allowed to use the rope down to the kalphite lair if applied by another player;

There's also been an ultimate ironman mode around that once you DIE ingame, outside a safe death zone (minigames, etc) your death will be PERMANENT. The challenge is to see who would come furthest. The rules would be the same for the rest, but you are not allowed to buy a Guardian angel for your ultimate Ironman account. I think this would also be cool to add, but that means we need another new highscores tab for this type of ironman. Also, this mode might be prone to griefing, as a hacker or anyone else quickly able to access your account could grief it by dying, disabling your account permanently.

Feedback on the rules please, and check for loopholes!
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, 0wned Man, Range 4 Meee, Hugo Terwiss, Tomtim1, Str8att7, Keiskelar

Offline Hmm2

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • アニメが大好きです
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman mode
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 12:36:22 pm »
i agree but there is a point that got my attention
that ironman can't trade member rings with other players but he has to donate for it
for me it's no problem, but for people like 14-10 years old they can't donate since they doesn't have a master card
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 12:40:02 pm »
I agree on Hmm2's point, however I still like the whole day of this :)

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 01:28:41 pm »
While many players would like an ironman mode, I think we don't have the numbers to support it.

It would take up a lot of time to develop/bugfix while only a handful of players will actually use the mode. This handful of players would be semi-isolated from the community in things like trading, pvp and group-bossing. It's a nice addition, sure, but I don't see thomy putting the time into it.
;
The following users liked this post: Yaz, Ledomy10

Offline Mtn Alin0

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
  • #makeitbounce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 01:37:09 pm »
agreed with charr.. it would take time.. and we dont even have enough normal players and this would took some of them.. i mean there isnt lot of ppl at wildy etc.. however if this comes i suggest there is no such thing as member for ironman mode. u can do anything (skills) and you dont need member. I think thats how it should be. You cant trade people anyway etc.

Offline 0wned Man

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
  • wanna PK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »
I 100% agree this suggestion. I think the member will be unlimited for Ironman.

Mary

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »
i agree but there is a point that got my attention
that ironman can't trade member rings with other players but he has to donate for it
for me it's no problem, but for people like 14-10 years old they can't donate since they doesn't have a master card
Yeah, I thought about that too, but I got an idea that might fix this argument in the future: http://www.zaypay.com/overview

While many players would like an ironman mode, I think we don't have the numbers to support it.

It would take up a lot of time to develop/bugfix while only a handful of players will actually use the mode. This handful of players would be semi-isolated from the community in things like trading, pvp and group-bossing. It's a nice addition, sure, but I don't see thomy putting the time into it.
I don't think it is very hard to make, all you have to do is disable some features for a new player group. Programming-wise this isn't very hard to do.

Member should definitely still have to be paid, it would be unfair to give free member to this player group!
A solution could also be that you can still pay for a member ticket from a player, but this is hard to do and it should have a very different way of trading (some other type of trading system) as you need to be able to pay for it, which means you would be able to offer cash and items indefinitely to another player (or just cash, but 10m is hard to come by if all you have is monster loot and alching). Definitely needs way more work, and is prone to bugs + if we use normal trading system this means an ironman can trade any items to another player (just the other player is only able to offer a member ring).

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 03:46:21 pm »
Getting all the bugs out is the main thing that's gonna take time. I've said what I needed to say though.
The whole member issue has a simple solution. Give the member ring a "use on" option that'll give the member days to whoever you use it on.
;
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd

Mary

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 03:55:53 pm »
The whole member issue has a simple solution. Give the member ring a "use on" option that'll give the member days to whoever you use it on.
That sounds like a good idea. Membership can be given by your main account or by a friend.

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:13:59 pm »
The inconsistency in your punctuation... are you taking lessons from Joshiee?
I still fail to see the point of adding this 'mode'. Getting praise/special items/etc just because you chose to play a game on 'hard-mode' shouldn't be a thing.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 06:37:08 pm »
Would love to see it ingame, support!

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »
With our player counts this thing is not worth to spend time on. IMO Thomy have allot job already with Bugfixes and GE so maybe its good but later if we get more players

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »
Everything that has anything to do with Ironman mode always catches my attention, because I unofficially play it myself. I would really like to see this mode added into the game. My account still will still not be official but no problem, B0aty is not either  :P

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 10:55:43 pm »
With our player counts this thing is not worth to spend time on. IMO Thomy have allot job already with Bugfixes and GE so maybe its good but later if we get more players

What's "Ge" ???  :kappa:
I don't think this would be worth the effort,  it's just more time spent on a mode most players won't even use. The players in this mode would be less than the amount of players that are maxed,  guaranteed,  and maxed players have been all but shouldered to the side in favor of new players already.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 10:40:29 am »

This pretty much, I think Thomy should spend his time on other content and not this.

If people really want an ironman they can just limit themselves like most of us already did.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1 2