The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
Introducing Ironman accounts
« on: August 11, 2015, 04:43:44 pm »
Players have been getting bored lately with not much diversity nor challenge in Emps' features.  Adding ironman accounts is a simple solution to this problem and will reignite the spark that some, especially maxed, players have lost.

Ironman overhead icon: or

Hardcore ironman overhead icon:

|An ironman will have the following limitations:
  • Cannot pickup items dropped by other players or NPC's that were killed by other players
  • Items dropped by an ironman cannot be seen/picked up by anyone else
  • Cannot participate in group minigames
  • Cannot wear sacred clay
  • Donator weapons are cosmetic (remain as level 1 weapons)
  • Cannot trade with other players*
  • Can only purchase items from the ironman store (below)
  • Cannot purchase a Guardian Angel**
*An ironman account can purchase member rings and cosmetic donator items (no whips nor blades) off of other players, with a minimum cap of 5mil cash.
**Alternatively, a Guardian Angel would cost 5mil

|A hardcore ironman will have the same limitations, but it will have the following added limitiation:
  • Dying on a hardcore ironman account reverts the account to a regular ironman account*
  • Cannot purchase Guardian Angels
*A hardcore ironman can earn a limited few lives (perhaps simply a GA1) by reaching specified goals: Total level of 1000, total level of 1500, total level of 2000, total experience of 500mil.**
    **This may also apply to a regular ironman

|An ironman shop will be added specifically for ironman accounts
  • Can only be accessed by an ironman or hardcore ironman account
  • Stock does not deplete
  • Sells armours, weapons, ammunition, and runes
    • Armour
      • Bronze to rune
      • Leather to green d'hide
      • Wizard to mystic
    • Weapons
      • Bronze to rune
      • Shortbow/longbow to Yew shortbow/longbow
      • Basic staves to mystic staves/ancient staff
    • Ammunition and runes
      • Bronze to steel
      • Same stock as Aubury
    • Additional items
      • Helm of Neitzinot, 3mil
      • Void pieces, 3mil ea
      • Other unobtainable items
|These are some uses of the cash earned on an ironman account:
  • Purchasing supplies from the ironman shop
  • Purchasing donator items off of players
  • Purchasing Guardian Angels (5mil each, limited to regular ironman accounts only)

|Additional thoughts:
  • An ironman account cannot trade donator items to anyone -- an ironman account can only receive donator items*
  • Upon release, allow players to have an active account reset/deleted so that they may use that account for their ironman run**
*A warning message will come up to inform the player prior to accepting the exchange.
**Some players have made their own makeshift ironman accounts already or have "claimed" certain account names that they would want to use for an ironman account.

Martin and I figure that this would be a great and relatively simple update.

Feedback and input would be great, guys; thanks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:13:52 am by Fate »
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Deandam7, Ralphe10, Simonyoda3, Str8att7, Ledomy10, Blue Bird

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Ironman accounts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:47:34 pm »
I'd really like to see ironman mode in emps,
Support

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

The following users liked this post: Jonneh, Fate, Ameer122, Martin

Offline Str8att7

• Liked: 288 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:24:06 pm »
If this wouldn't take to much time to code, I'd love to see this added.
1 thing ; would you be able to 'end' your ironman playtime, to continue playing as a regular player?
Full support anyways, great idea.  ;)
Emps-World Moderator Since May 12th, 2015
Emps-World Admin Since August 24th, 2015
Resigned Since October 29th
The following users liked this post: Fate

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »
1 thing ; would you be able to 'end' your ironman playtime, to continue playing as a regular player?
That could be a possibility.

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:14:51 pm »
Instead of the green skull icon for normal ironman, i'd prefer white
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:25:54 pm by C4 Nerd »

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »
Instead of the green skull icon for normal ironman, i'd prefer white

Good idea; I prefer that, too.

I added it as an alternative in the suggestion.  Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:29:57 pm by Fate »
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 07:40:56 pm »
People complain about ''grind'' and go full apeshit if they miss even one hour of double XP. I can't see why adding even more grind would fix that ???

Sure ironman mode would be good addition to our advertising banners :P
The following users liked this post: Fate, Shoaib

Offline Ralphe10

• Liked: 388 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:44:16 pm »
Maybe no double xp weekends, nor free membership for the Hardcore Ironman?

a broken clock still tells you the right time twice a day
The following users liked this post: Fate, Suryoyo K0

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:19 am »
It wouldn't affect me in any way shape or form, so I'm personally not against it. It can bring people to spend a lot more hours in the game which is good. Content wise, it's definitely an update that'll keep a lot of players playing.

There are some cons I see though. First off, the biggest thing is that ironmen might be isolated from all the group-related content in the game. Minigames would be fully disabled on them and bossing will be something they'll only attempt to do solo. These players would feel very isolated, not something I'm all for. Having minigames threat ironmen differently might be a better idea, since it locks away a lot of necessary content from people (ava, defenders, void, d pick) not something a lot of people would enjoy.

From an economic standpoint ironmen also aren't a very good thing. They increase the supply of items (ever so slightly when they die and someone picks up their stuff) and don't bring up any demand for it. We would have a whole group of people that would be bringing items into the game but not buying anything. Inflation.

Some points I also want to make:
*Sacred clay armour should be usable by ironmen, it should just have higher requirements to make overall
*Turn member rings into something you can give to another player to use it on them
*Dying on a hardcore ironman should reset the account, not disable it, the amount of usernames lost would be a bit too great, ironmen highscores would show the current stats
*Ironmen should have seperate highscores
*Ironman shop shouldn't be a thing, things should be earned like normal and bought from the shops like normal, the only store that would be different for ironmen is the general store. Personalized shops update might be a nice thing to have.
*Ironman shop would bring a LOAD of items into that game that you could just trade over to your main and do whatever you wish with, it really shouldn't be a thing.

All of my negativity aside, I still think it would be a good thing to have. Just here to put out some criticism, even though it would be a thing I want to see. Why isn't this in the suggestion section?
;
The following users liked this post: Fate, Yaz

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 12:32:59 am »
I've already spoke to Chait about this in-game.

All of the current Ironman accounts will be a little upset if they can't have their accounts in Ironman mode, I myself wouldn't like to create a new Ironman account if I had made sufficient progress on the one I was currently working on. Chait did point out it would be difficult to find out if they have cheated or not on their current Ironman account, but should the effort be put in to see if they have, so they can have their accounts in Ironman mode? Thought I'd throw this into the discussion. :p

I'm in full support though, this gives maxed players like myself a new challenge besides maxing new accounts such as pures, skillers, or even trying to get 200M experience in skills.

It wouldn't affect me in any way shape or form, so I'm personally not against it. It can bring people to spend a lot more hours in the game which is good. Content wise, it's definitely an update that'll keep a lot of players playing.

There are some cons I see though. First off, the biggest thing is that ironmen might be isolated from all the group-related content in the game. Minigames would be fully disabled on them and bossing will be something they'll only attempt to do solo. These players would feel very isolated, not something I'm all for. Having minigames threat ironmen differently might be a better idea, since it locks away a lot of necessary content from people (ava, defenders, void, d pick) not something a lot of people would enjoy.

From an economic standpoint ironmen also aren't a very good thing. They increase the supply of items (ever so slightly when they die and someone picks up their stuff) and don't bring up any demand for it. We would have a whole group of people that would be bringing items into the game but not buying anything. Inflation.

*Sacred clay armour should be usable by ironmen, it should just have higher requirements to make overall
*Turn member rings into something you can give to another player to use it on them
*Dying on a hardcore ironman should reset the account, not disable it, the amount of usernames lost would be a bit too great, ironmen highscores would show the current stats
*Ironman shop shouldn't be a thing, things should be earned like normal and bought from the shops like normal, the only store that would be different for ironmen is the general store. Personalized shops update might be a nice thing to have.
*Ironman shop would bring a LOAD of items into that game that you could just trade over to your main and do whatever you wish with, it really shouldn't be a thing.

All of my negativity aside, I still think it would be a good thing to have. Just here to put out some criticism, even though it would be a thing I want to see. Why isn't this in the suggestion section?

Quote from: Fate
Cannot trade with other players*

I also agree with your suggestion about the Ironman hiscores. I believe the hiscores need to be updated in general but I won't get off topic with that, that's another suggestion for another day. I believe Chait and Martin have come up with the idea that if a Hardcore Ironman dies, he becomes a Regular Ironman; I felt disabling the account or even resetting it was a little too extreme. In my opinion if people knew the account would be disabled or reset, it would discourage them from doing PvM. I stand with Chait on the member ring issue, I believe they should be allowed to purchase member rings, santa hats, partyhats, wings, hallowe'en masks from other plays, nothing more.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:38:09 am by Deandam7 »

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 12:47:16 am »

An ironman account is literally a do-it-yourself account; hinging on the fact that they would be isolated in their actions is utterly redundant.  As for mini-games, ironmen can't participate in group mini-games because they cannot receive assistance -- their account is a solo-run of the game.

Your notion that ironman accounts will impact the economy and create inflation is simply absurd; this will have zero negative effect on the economy.  Ironmen do not introduce items to the game aside from the rare occasions when they die, in which case they will nearly 100% of the time drop low-value items such as rune, dragon, or mystic.  I simply cannot fathom how you think that ironman accounts will introduce enough items into the economy to sway it in any way.

Sacred clay armour is too easy to obtain and is too overpowered for an ironman account; it takes away the struggle and purpose of working your way up.

Martin and I already changed this; I just forgot to add it.  Hardcore ironman deaths result in being "demoted" to a regular ironman.

Agreed.

Having no shop would be too unfair on ironman accounts, and the shop's stock is by no means too good, not to mention the ironman accounts have to earn cash to be able to purchase items.

Ironman accounts can't trade items; this concern of yours doesn't make any sense.  On top of that, the amount of time it would take to earn the money required for this completely defeats the purpose of doing so.

@Pim, that may be an option -- I've also considered it.  I'm not sure if the community would like it or not, though, which is why I've left it out for the time being.

@Otto, I understand that not everyone likes to grind, but I'm sure that a lot of players, especially maxed players, would love to have a new challenge or in-game hobby.

@Adam, That's a tricky thing to deal with, as I said in game.  If we can figure out a way to do it, I'd love to have that as a feature.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:51:43 am by Fate »
The following users liked this post: Deandam7

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 07:01:41 am »
I've already spoke to Chait about this in-game.

All of the current Ironman accounts will be a little upset if they can't have their accounts in Ironman mode, I myself wouldn't like to create a new Ironman account if I had made sufficient progress on the one I was currently working on. Chait did point out it would be difficult to find out if they have cheated or not on their current Ironman account, but should the effort be put in to see if they have, so they can have their accounts in Ironman mode? Thought I'd throw this into the discussion. :p

I'm in full support though, this gives maxed players like myself a new challenge besides maxing new accounts such as pures, skillers, or even trying to get 200M experience in skills.

Quote from: Fate
Cannot trade with other players*

I also agree with your suggestion about the Ironman hiscores. I believe the hiscores need to be updated in general but I won't get off topic with that, that's another suggestion for another day. I believe Chait and Martin have come up with the idea that if a Hardcore Ironman dies, he becomes a Regular Ironman; I felt disabling the account or even resetting it was a little too extreme. In my opinion if people knew the account would be disabled or reset, it would discourage them from doing PvM. I stand with Chait on the member ring issue, I believe they should be allowed to purchase member rings, santa hats, partyhats, wings, hallowe'en masks from other plays, nothing more.

Regarding transferring items to non-ironman accounts: dropping and general store are a thing.

IMO disabling access to minigames make playing an ironman a whole lot more boring. I'd rather create a regular account and adapt the ironman playstyle on that account.

Question: can ironmen still donate for weapons from the donator shop? Wouldn't that be pay2win ??? And if that were to be disabled, wouldn't it hurt Thomy's donation revenue? It just doesn't fit in a private server IMO.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 09:01:25 am »
Ironman accounts can't trade items; this concern of yours doesn't make any sense.  On top of that, the amount of time it would take to earn the money required for this completely defeats the purpose of doing so.
Dropping or getting killing your ironman in the wilderness are ways of transferring the items to your main. It isn't all that hard to earn 3m from scratch once you're 55 magic and have decent combat stats. I could make an ironman, get it to the point where I can kill something that drops a lot of rune/addy without the need of food or pots, kill it until I get enough cash for say a void melee set, buy it for 12m, transfer it to my main and sell it for 15m. This is a pretty long shot, but it still should be taken into consideration. It would be easier to get 12m on an ironman than to do pest control for void.

As for my whole obvious and redundant mention of how isolated ironmen are, non-ironmen might feel that. Things like group-bossing and minigames will definitely take a hit if suddenly a lot of people start playing on an ironman. Though this is entirely related to the amount of players we have. Then again, ironman mode might give us more players.
;

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »
Dropping or getting killing your ironman in the wilderness are ways of transferring the items to your main. It isn't all that hard to earn 3m from scratch once you're 55 magic and have decent combat stats. I could make an ironman, get it to the point where I can kill something that drops a lot of rune/addy without the need of food or pots, kill it until I get enough cash for say a void melee set, buy it for 12m, transfer it to my main and sell it for 15m. This is a pretty long shot, but it still should be taken into consideration. It would be easier to get 12m on an ironman than to do pest control for void.
m

As for my whole obvious and redundant mention of how isolated ironmen are, non-ironmen might feel that. Things like group-bossing and minigames will definitely take a hit if suddenly a lot of people start playing on an ironman. Though this is entirely related to the amount of players we have. Then again, ironman mode might give us more players.

A void set is 7mil, so you're going to grind on an ironman account to buy one for 12mil.  You need to think things through before you post; you're spouting nonsensical drivel to try and force your point across.  The only concern is runes.  I agree that an ironman account could drop items to a main; however, it makes little sense as to why someone would do that, as items cost more for ironman accounts and money takes far longer to make -- in the end, you'd be losing money either way. 

Additionally, instead of trying to explain why something is wrong, come up with a solution for it, such as "Increase the value of runes in the ironman shop to be above general market prices, or make it so that items dropped by an ironman account do not show up to anyone."

As for this affecting group bossing, you could make the same argument for pures and skillers.  People take breaks from PvMing to play on other accounts all the time; it's common practise because a lot of people prefer diversity.  If someone is on their ironman account and you want to PvM with them, then ask them to come on their main; if they don't come, that means they don't want to.

Otto, the dropping items is, as I said above, a very simple fix.  As for the ability to donate making it pay to win, that is altogether untrue.  You can buy a blade and a whip to help you; that's it.  You have no advantage other than being a member, which is in no way pay-to-win, especially since we're considering allowing people to buy member tickets with their mains and use them on their ironman accounts.  You still have to train; you still have to gather supplies; you still have to partake in the overall grind.  Owning a whip is slightly better than owning a dragon scimitar; owning a blade would be about the same as a whip, as it should have similar dps.  There are no unfair advantages from donating, and it most certainly is not pay2win, unless someone starts selling their donator items to the general store, in which case that's a lot of revenue for Thomy. 

Finally, people are going to buy more member tickets to make their ironman accounts members, and it will take longer to get maxed on an ironman account, which will result in more member tickets over time.  There will also be players who donate solely to get donator items on their ironman accounts to show off on their ironman account.  Introducing ironman accounts will only bring in more donations; however, that's only a side benefit, as this is an update to make the game more enjoyable and attractive to newcomers.
The following users liked this post: Chazz, Simonyoda3, Str8att7, Martin

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 01:06:19 pm »
Donator whips let you skip the 85 slayer requirement and the crapton of supplies you would use to train that = my point
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5