The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ingredients.
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »
I've recently noticed that the market is seriously lacking potions and Ingredients. Back on Emps-Scape the market was flowing with potions, you could buy plenty of what you needed in 10 minutes tops.

My suggestion is to add bigger bulks of Ingredients(better amounts than are already dropped by NPCs) so that we can get more potions in game. This doesn't even have to be a permanent update, temporary if needed so that we can get more potions flowing in game, because it's frustrating to stand at the GE all day trying to buy pots and getting nowhere.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:07:17 am by Deandam7 »
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Herbs/Potions/Ingredients.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:31:30 pm »
Herbs are fine I guess because of farming but perhaps adding an item to increase the herb yield would be nice.

For the second ingredients, I agree. There is almost no supply of items such as wines of zamorak/potato cacti. I suggest adding them in noted bulk to the droptables of bosses and wilderness monsters. This makes it not too good of a moneymaker for very low levels.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:53 pm »
I'd say noting stuff like zammy wines and potato cacti would be a big help.
Maybe increase the amount, not too sure.
;

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:38:32 pm »
Unfortunately I have to agree on this. I have seen the price of range and magic potions increase from 50k to a steady 75-100k, some people even buying higher because there's such a low demand.

The herbs aren't the problem, it's the ingredients. Only a few people know the only way to get wines of zamorak at a decent rate is from killing the zamorak mages, but still it's a slow task and far from a bank. Collecting magic cacti from banshees is even harder in my opinion.

Adding more of these high level ingredients to drops from various high level monsters seems appropriate and needed at this time.

Mod Mary

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:56:28 pm »
It's strange why this is happening though.. In emps scape we didnt have noted drops, not even farming.
I think it's not the lack of supplies, nor it being hard to get. It's just that herblore doesn't get trained that much. In scape getting 99 herblore was always a big thing but i guess many players still have that 99 herblore up to today.

Offline Deandam7

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 10:57:52 pm »
I agree on the herbs yeah, farming is easy to gain herbs so I can agree on not adding more herbs/bigger bulks to droptables but ingredients are really low so they need to be added in bulks/bigger bulks because it's almost impossible to buy a decent amount of potions with the way it currently is.

It's strange why this is happening though.. In emps scape we didnt have noted drops, not even farming.
I think it's not the lack of supplies, nor it being hard to get. It's just that herblore doesn't get trained that much. In scape getting 99 herblore was always a big thing but i guess many players still have that 99 herblore up to today.

It's also the fact people would rather not sell potions and use them to do GWD/JAD/Spectrals/Wyrms and make much more money with the drops they provide. People are also unwilling to work for others like they used to in Emps-Scape. There used to be tons of people killing NPCs just to get some herbs/ingredients to sell to other people/make pots themselves. People just don't this anymore, meaning there is a really low supply of pots when they're in such high demand.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:13:01 pm by Deandam7 »

Offline Mr Emche

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 05:46:25 am »
The difficulties to obtain certain ingredient had already make the supply low , top that with profits that isn't worth the efforts , players would rather keep the goods for themselves or sell it to the most desperate players which paying high . 

Offline Deandam7

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 05:56:03 am »
The difficulties to obtain certain ingredient had already make the supply low , top that with profits that isn't worth the efforts , players would rather keep the goods for themselves or sell it to the most desperate players which paying high .

Adding ingredient drops to different NPCs and in bulks would make other NPCs more active and would also encourage people to kill them to make money/kill them to obtain the ingredients for themselves. It benefits both parties because lower levels have a way to make money and higher levels can obtain the ingredients much easier.

Offline I Pk Ur Nan

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:57:03 am »
I agree, we do lack ingredients such as zammy wines, I think Kril should be able to drop a large amount of zammy wines considering he's the Zamorak boss.  KQ can be able to drop a large amount of cacti also.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 08:05:04 am »

People killed shit tons of dagannoth because it was actually WORTH IT. Same thing with the rare secondary supplies, they were brought to the game when people tried to get Armadyl and Bandos pieces from Cockatrices and Banshees. Now the high-level gear costs HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS (instead of sets being less than 10m), ain't nobody got time for dagannoths. The dagannoth bones are also worse than dragon bones now.

To realize this, you should probably play the game, so you could finally stop believing that everything in this game is ''perfect''. People aren't complaining for fucking nothing.

Look at my market topic, for example. My prices are above average and NOT A SINGLE REPLY IN A WEEK.
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=7415.0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:22:13 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 08:19:51 am »
The amount of herbs and ingredients is actually not terribly bad, it's just that the majority of players hoard the ingredients for themselves, 2 weeks at a time and then either buy/sell or use them on Double Xp.

But I still do agree that there needs to be, larger noted quantity drops at a time.
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Mr Emche

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:18 am »
People killed shit tons of dagannoth because it was actually WORTH IT. Same thing with the rare secondary supplies, they were brought to the game when people tried to get Armadyl and Bandos pieces from Cockatrices and Banshees. Not that high-level gear costs HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS (instead of sets being less than 10m), ain't nobody got time for dagannoths. The dagannoth bones are also worse than dragon bones now.

To realize this, you should probably play the game, so you could finally stop believing that everything in this game is ''perfect''. People aren't complaining for fucking nothing.

Look at my market topic, for example. My prices are above average and NOT A SINGLE REPLY IN A WEEK.
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=7415.0

In the old days , with 80M you could buy a decent gear [Bandos 10M , F cape 35M , Bgs 10M], but nowdays even with 150M you could only get HALF of those gear . Its insane i tell you .. you cant hope players to grind mobs for the rest of their life just to get better armor than dragon set .

Mod Mary

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 10:47:04 am »
I play plenty otto, to know what im talking about. Ppl dont kill cockatrices/banshees anymore cause they dont drop the armours any longer. Easy as that.
Werewolves and wizards drop plenty of ingredients for lower levels to obtain in a reasonable amount of time imo.
Theres just more urge to pvm than to skill or low level players to gather ingredients for selling. We spoiled with your old levels and easy to get armours so everyone wants to do high level pvm and want to buy pots for it.
Because this problem doesnt seem to solve itself ill have to compensate it i guess

I might add potato cactus as a drop to tree spirits/kalphites + a spawn for potato cactus to pickup in the hive during kalphite slaying, and zamorak wines to zamorak gwd monsters (also eyeing slayer tasks on spiritual npcs there)
Those are lacking most, right? (Crushed nests are ok imo and s brews should be high price just like zbrews)

Offline Icecloud

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
  • Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 01:57:43 pm »
Theres just more urge to pvm than to skill or low level players to gather ingredients for selling. We spoiled with your old levels and easy to get armours so everyone wants to do high level pvm and want to buy pots for it.
Because this problem doesnt seem to solve itself ill have to compensate it i guess

I might add potato cactus as a drop to tree spirits/kalphites + a spawn for potato cactus to pickup in the hive during kalphite slaying, and zamorak wines to zamorak gwd monsters (also eyeing slayer tasks on spiritual npcs there)
Those are lacking most, right? (Crushed nests are ok imo and s brews should be high price just like zbrews)

The first part of your post is the problem. I started playing two or three weeks ago, I have spent so much money on potions it's ridiculous and all of the ingredients I get I save for myself because I need them for slayer. I won't be putting anything into the market myself uness I got more from drops, and I know a lot of other players are in the same situation.

I think Crushed nests are lacking the most, then Potato Cactus and Wine of Zamorak. I have never actually seen someone selling S Brews and I have stood in the market place for hours trying to buy Range Potions for 100k and only got 10-15..

Style

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 02:32:21 pm »
(Crushed nests are ok imo and s brews should be high price just like zbrews)
Those are the ones lacking most...
Pages: 1 2 3