The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Increasing Loot Chance
« on: April 08, 2018, 03:33:49 am »
Hello everyone, I got a cool idea that I think would motivate people to pvm more. I was thinking to implement a system where if a player reaches a certain kill count for a specific monster their loot chance will increase by a certain percentage for that monster only. I've seen people get hundreds of kills and still come out dry, this should fix this issue.

For example

100 kills = 2% loot increase
200 kills = 4% loot increase
300 kills - 6% loot increase

Once a rare drop is obtained, the loot increase bonus will reset.

Please share your opinions, I would love to hear what you guys think.
The following users liked this post: Darker Manz, Brock Lesnar

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing Loot Chance
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:31:43 am »
not a bad idea BUT if there is a drop that it has 0.1% a chance of getting increasing that to 2.1% as u suggested will ruin the pvm, u'll have 2 many "rare drops" that will become worthless and the economy will got rekt.

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:34:33 am »
It is called a 'rare' drop for a reason

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:37:11 am »
Ya, I understand what you guys are saying, but I have seen something like this in some popular servers and it seems to be pretty neat to have. The purpose of this is to just increase a player's loot chance slightly, it's not like you're guaranteed a rare. We can even make it after every 1000 kills, that way player is rewarded for his effort.

Say for example, a rare is 0.1% the bonus will make it 0.2% for extremely rare drops.

Offline Blue Bird

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:12:46 am »
We can even make it after every 1000 kills, that way player is rewarded for his effort.

Say for example, a rare is 0.1% the bonus will make it 0.2% for extremely rare drops.
this can work, but only up to 0.2% max for the rare drops that have 0.1% (doubling) and only if it will get rested to normal after getting a drop.

we can suggest all day, but idk if something like this worth the time of coding

Maxed

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:18:50 am »
I'll quote Thomy from Discord:

Double drops were thought out loud as a possible "special" weekend activity as opposed to double xp weekend. But it's just an idea so nothing guaranteed.

Offline Blue Bird

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 10:38:25 am »

Double drops were thought out loud as a possible "special" weekend activity as opposed to double xp weekend. But it's just an idea so nothing guaranteed.
then maybe it's time to get ring of wealth back in the game and make it increasing the loot chances as it should be.

Maxed

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 01:54:45 pm »

then maybe it's time to get ring of wealth back in the game and make it increasing the loot chances as it should be.

It never did that and also didn't work like that in RS. You can't just 'increase' the loot chance for every drop, you'd have to specify that manually. A perfectly random system consists of randomness, which includes drops being lucky and unlucky. The game is designed around creating random values for drops, hits, skills, etc.

Offline Blue Bird

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »

It never did that and also didn't work like that in RS. You can't just 'increase' the loot chance for every drop, you'd have to specify that manually. A perfectly random system consists of randomness, which includes drops being lucky and unlucky. The game is designed around creating random values for drops, hits, skills, etc.
im sure u can work that out ;) :kappa:

Maxed

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 08:13:10 pm »
sure why not its not like the market is flooded or something anyways
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 07:26:15 am »
reset game  :)

Offline Alugis

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 12:47:26 pm »
Got 800 nex kills dry right now with 3.9k killcount. any newbie that teams up with me get the rare loots while i waste my supplies making others rich

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 03:32:36 pm »
Just because X player gets unlucky at Y boss it doesn't mean the whole economy should get littered with items that nobody buys even now.

Offline Alugis

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »
The thing is there's nothing left to fight for anymore at this game. It's too easy and players get bored way faster.
newcomers receive loots much earlier than actual drop rate suggests while grinders reach x4 the kill counts of actual drop rate and still don't receive anything.
beginners should have a little bit more struggle and the big boys should be more rewarded.

I've seen this before: Guy plays 1-2 months, starts nexing, 2 weeks later he has pretty much everything he wants, but guess what... he quits because game is now boring..
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird, Blakpn0y

Offline Blakpn0y

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
  • Call me now for your free whipping.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 04:53:30 pm »
The thing is there's nothing left to fight for anymore at this game. It's too easy and players get bored way faster.
newcomers receive loots much earlier than actual drop rate suggests while grinders reach x4 the kill counts of actual drop rate and still don't receive anything.
beginners should have a little bit more struggle and the big boys should be more rewarded.

I've seen this before: Guy plays 1-2 months, starts nexing, 2 weeks later he has pretty much everything he wants, but guess what... he quits because game is now boring..
Alugis has a point there. Unless there is something more besides getting maxed in experience, all ing items, maxed Ironman or at least main there is nothing else to go for. Thomy focuses on HD quality of water... Like any pixel on that water gives a shit about newcomers. This doesn't mean whatsoever that Thomy isn't doing amazing job keeping server alive but eventually person who has scheduled and planned everything precisely (almost) perfect - he has nothing to do ing unless updates bring yet another new boring boss along with some harder mechanics than most of GWD Bosses.

I suppose I apologize since I went a lot off-topic here and it should have been discussed long time ago...

Either way, for suggestion - I agree but seeing as Thomy is solo developer to implement it I don't expect it to be very soon(even if it gets added at all)

The world will have to deal with us.
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, Alugis
Pages: 1 2 3