The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Theoneofall

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hunger Games
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 04:32:48 pm »
Giving cash prizes for a minigame is not right, instead we can give tokens based on how long you lasted and then you can buy items such as imbued fremennik rings, imbued ring of wealth, ess pouches and rune pouches.
sure

Thanks Tulrak for this awesome Signature!
Player since 2011 on different occounts

Offline Theoneofall

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 04:35:04 pm »
Giving cash prizes for a minigame is not right, instead we can give tokens based on how long you lasted and then you can buy items such as imbued fremennik rings, imbued ring of wealth, ess pouches and rune pouches.
In osrs lms actually works as a cash sink. 25 players all having to pay 100k entry fee, total of 2,5m. 1st prize is 1,5m, 2nd 500k and 3rd, 4th and 5th get free entry for their next game.

I think this is a better solution.
My suggestion would be that you could start the game when 8 players entered the game with a maximum of 16 players. I would as well disable the mini map, otherwise I would be too easy to find other players. And a canon shot each time a player is killed, would be something extremely cool  :P

less people would be playing if there is a fee. Some people may even return just for this mini game if you do not need a fee and you cant use your personal equipment
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:48:56 pm by Magecrune »

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 09:20:41 pm »
In osrs lms actually works as a cash sink. 25 players all having to pay 100k entry fee, total of 2,5m. 1st prize is 1,5m, 2nd 500k and 3rd, 4th and 5th get free entry for their next game.

My suggestion would be that you could start the game when 8 players entered the game with a maximum of 16 players. I would as well disable the mini map, otherwise I would be too easy to find other players. And a canon shot each time a player is killed, would be something extremely cool  :P

less people would be playing if there is a fee. Some people may even return just for this mini game if you do not need a fee and you cant use your personal equipment
I don't there's a point in bringing a single item from your bank, it's a hunger games mini game so the main point is to gather items from chests.

Offline Theoneofall

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:58 pm »

I don't there's a point in bringing a single item from your bank, it's a hunger games mini game so the main point is to gather items from chests.

Ofcours

Offline Rocklal

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2016, 12:49:42 pm »

Ofcours
if you talk about money sink, then it would be best to have fees, and the rewards are exp

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 01:13:45 pm »

Ofcours
if you talk about money sink, then it would be best to have fees, and the rewards are exp

2,5M goes in and 2M comes out in one game in RS. Why the hell would people even play PvP minigame for XP?

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »

Ofcours

2,5M goes in and 2M comes out in one game in RS. Why the hell would people even play PvP minigame for XP?

What about keeping it a cash sink in emps with 100k fees, but the rewards wouldn't be cash, instead they can get tokens to purchase items such as imbued fremennik rings, imbued ring of wealth, ess pouches and rune pouches.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »

Ofcours

What about keeping it a cash sink in emps with 100k fees, but the rewards wouldn't be cash, instead they can get tokens to purchase items such as imbued fremennik rings, imbued ring of wealth, ess pouches and rune pouches.

CW would remain dead. Rune and ess pouches should be something you get frim RC to make that skill less useless.

Offline Theoneofall

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 07:33:01 pm »
Top 3 should get thickets  that they can buy items with. How about that?

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »
I'm only agreeing with this idea, if this will be made available only for events.
If we release another full-time mini-game, we would only split our already small playerbase (those who play minigames). We don't have enough players to keep this minigame alive.
If this would be made available only for events, people would be more likely to join. Also this method doesn't take players from other minigames.

As far as prizes and rewards go, I agree with Otto: this game should act as a cash sink. The entry fee wouldn't be large (like 100-200k) and the winner will receive most of pot, also 2nd and 3rd place will get their payments back.
Any other prizes would temporarily keep the game active, but as soon as those items are bought, the game would die out. So I'd keep this only for events and only cash rewards (taken from entry fee pot). Definitely no item and xp rewards.
The following users liked this post: 2 Sexy For U

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 11:36:34 pm »
I'm only agreeing with this idea, if this will be made available only for events.
If we release another full-time mini-game, we would only split our already small playerbase (those who play minigames). We don't have enough players to keep this minigame alive.
If this would be made available only for events, people would be more likely to join. Also this method doesn't take players from other minigames.

As far as prizes and rewards go, I agree with Otto: this game should act as a cash sink. The entry fee wouldn't be large (like 100-200k) and the winner will receive most of pot, also 2nd and 3rd place will get their payments back.
Any other prizes would temporarily keep the game active, but as soon as those items are bought, the game would die out. So I'd keep this only for events and only cash rewards (taken from entry fee pot). Definitely no item and xp rewards.

I agree that it should be made available only for events.
2nd and 3rd shouldn't get their payments back, they should get a free entry to another round so they keep playing.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Theoneofall

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 03:45:53 am »

Pretty good idea

Offline Rocklal

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 01:04:58 pm »

so this minigame would be full-time without rewards and with rewards in the events? or just active when there is an event?
no sorry the 2nd one is bs, I understand that cw is dead and you want it alive again, and the small player base thingy, but it would be unfair that only staff members can access it at anytime they plan.
I request more thinking, because this is just not right.
and the fee should be around 100-200k I see no problem with that.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 01:35:11 pm »
]so this minigame would be full-time without rewards and with rewards in the events? or just active when there is an event?
no sorry the 2nd one is bs, I understand that cw is dead and you want it alive again, and the small player base thingy, but it would be unfair that only staff members can access it at anytime they plan.
I request more thinking, because this is just not right.
and the fee should be around 100-200k I see no problem with that.
You misunderstood. The minigame will only be available for events. If there's no events planned, you can't access it.
When the game is active, it will always have rewards (only cash and re-entry ticktes). This will work as a small cash sink.
Trust me, it will be better activity-wise, if it's only used for events.
I agree that it should be made available only for events.
2nd and 3rd shouldn't get their payments back, they should get a free entry to another round so they keep playing.
Well.. I did mean them to be free entries, so we could change the cash for tickets indeed (except for the 1st place prize ofc).
Pages: 1 2