The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Neptune Ink

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
hopefully this is to your satisfaction
« on: September 22, 2015, 12:12:32 pm »
I feel that we can improve the game by adding some changes to combat system. In a way that makes pvp fair again. I would like to start by saying, I feel that one combat choice sticks out the most when it comes to pvp.

That choice for me would most definitely be range, its like when it come to all other combat styles range is the strongest one, that is for pures sometimes even maxed levels. I think if we could add a light nerf to the darts and also the bolts, it would give pure mele pkers a small chance to shine again. As a pker, im in the wildy every chance i get, and i noticed a lot of things about pking that's why i'm making this post. The variety of pking is no more.

The only thing you see now is darts c bow and dragon daggers. Also, that's another issue the dragon dagger. That weapon is capable of maxing 36-36 once you reached 99 str and you don't even need great gear. But, then we have the granite maul this weapon was nerfed. In great gear you will be lucky to hit a 36. With the g maul you get 2 specials very fast but with the dragon dagger you get 4 specials a total of 8 hits and remember maxing 36-36 so that definitely out does the g maul by a long shot if you ask me.

Last but not least we got the bolts and dark bow, the dark bow used to be known for its amazing sick special attack that strikes fear into the opponent. But not any more, that dark bow is still a great weapon. its accuracy is great. But, the dark bow has a special attack that is not put to use anymore because of the lack to hit anything with it its just a waste of special. The only way you will hit decent with the dark bow is to be in full corrupt morg. So, it really has no use to the pures anymore now we use the orge bow. But, that's not how it should be. Then we got the bolts Jesus Christ these bolts man oh man..... let me calm down though. These bolts it really does not matter if your praying or not that 65+ d fire spec will sweep you off your feet. When some one pulls out the c bow with d bolts or onyx bolts i don't know what to do either eat to full hp or tab because that d fire special 60+ is a sure thing.

It use to take skill to get a kill in the wildy now all you need is darts and c bow. I'm not going to go any further because i feel i have already written a book on it lol. That's my take on the wildy and i hope there could be some changes.     
p.s. sorry for all the buts  (but,) that's the way i type.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: hopefully this is to your satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:36 pm »
Is it possible for a one-defence pure to wear an anti-dragon shield? I just wonder, since that would cancel those dragon bolts specials, and weaken them to probably a 30-40 instead of a 60.

Also, anti-fire potions would be infinitely useful for this too. Hopefully they will come eventually.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:01:40 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 02:05:57 pm »
The only thing you see now is darts c bow and dragon daggers. Also, that's another issue the dragon dagger. That weapon is capable of maxing 36-36 once you reached 99 str and you don't even need great gear. But, then we have the granite maul this weapon was nerfed. In great gear you will be lucky to hit a 36. With the g maul you get 2 specials very fast but with the dragon dagger you get 4 specials a total of 8 hits and remember maxing 36-36 so that definitely out does the g maul by a long shot if you ask me.
Comparing gmaul to dds, there is quite a big difference between the two. I'll leave accuracy and hits completely out of this part. Let's say your opponent is at the health where you would use a spec on him and he survives your combo. With the maul you would have an empty special attack bar, you would struggle with finishing off your opponent. With the dds you would probably have 3 more chances to try and finish your opponent off, because you simply have more specs.

Granite maul is a better all-in, because the special can be used at any time, however it is an all in, it's more risky. Dds on the other hand, gives you more chances to finish your opponent off. Dds is a way less riskier option, which is why people use it so much.

As for the nerfs, those nerfs were necessary because gmaul was becoming a real problem on mains. I'm not one to judge on it being over-nerfed but I'm definitely open to giving it a small buff if deemed necessary. You should keep in mind the combat system is mostly focussed on mains, pures have always dealt a high amount of damage for their combat level and that is exactly the point of pures.
Last but not least we got the bolts and dark bow, the dark bow used to be known for its amazing sick special attack that strikes fear into the opponent. But not any more, that dark bow is still a great weapon. its accuracy is great. But, the dark bow has a special attack that is not put to use anymore because of the lack to hit anything with it its just a waste of special. The only way you will hit decent with the dark bow is to be in full corrupt morg. So, it really has no use to the pures anymore now we use the orge bow. But, that's not how it should be. Then we got the bolts Jesus Christ these bolts man oh man..... let me calm down though. These bolts it really does not matter if your praying or not that 65+ d fire spec will sweep you off your feet. When some one pulls out the c bow with d bolts or onyx bolts i don't know what to do either eat to full hp or tab because that d fire special 60+ is a sure thing.
The strategy around dark bow got changed, I don't think this is a bad thing. You should see it as a ranged version of the obby maul, slow and high hitting. I don't see why the special should be it's only positive, nor do I see why it needs buffs. Dark bow is still a better option than ogre because it's more accurate, the difference isn't that great though. Dark bow could get a bit of bonus damage while using dragon arrows, since that's kind of a signature thing of dark bow. Or dragon arrows could be made unusable by the comp bow. Shifting a small bit of range strength to the weapon itself instead of the arrows would also be an option.

As for bolts, dragon bolts can be completely blocked out by an anti-dragon shield. You could bring one to counter the effects, much like someone would bring an antipoison to counter someone using emerald bolts. Onyx bolts are kind of a problem, they could shift some of the damage to an effect like anger weapons have, bonus damage to bigger monsters, or nerf the damage overall.

Morrigan's weapons shouldn't be left out as well. The javelin is still VERY strong, I think it shouldn't hit extra over the normal attack on the base hit, the bleeding effect is enough. Axes should be slowed down a slight bit. That's all.
;

Offline Neptune Ink

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:35:01 pm »
Its not only the dds has 4 specs to finish an opponent its super STRONG so most the time you only need 1-2 lol. the thing is with the dark bow if why not make the special matter... I don't understand why it has to suck.?
If the g maul stays nerf then at least buff the accuracy those 36 max hits are 1 in a million. also, you say you can use g maul at anytime which is true but its not as smooth as like rune scape or something its not immediately after. Also, dragon darts need nerf, and i understand bringing anti shield will help but that just seems like your going out of your way just to fight once again we crowd the subject range because we can all admit its over powered.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 05:43:11 pm »
the thing is with the dark bow if why not make the special matter... I don't understand why it has to suck.?
It doesn't suck, it's just not worth blowing your spec on when the normal hit already does what it needs to do. Buffing the spec too much would just result in people dbow rushing. The purpose of dbow has just changed from what it used to be, the spec is still decent but there are better weapons to use for special attacks.
If the g maul stays nerf then at least buff the accuracy those 36 max hits are 1 in a million. also, you say you can use g maul at anytime which is true but its not as smooth as like rune scape or something its not immediately after.
Might wanna re-read what I said about buffing the gmaul.

Also, dragon darts need nerf, and i understand bringing anti shield will help but that just seems like your going out of your way just to fight
The problem with d darts might be the accuracy, they have the same accuracy as a seercull yet their range requirements are 10 levels apart. It wouldn't be bad if the accuracy of d darts is scaled down to that of a level 60 ranged weapon. I don't think this will destroy their presence in pvp though, and that is exactly what I'd want.

Something isn't OP if it has 100% solid counterplay to it. If d bolts are used often, you might wanna bring an anti dragon shield so you don't get yourself killed, there's no need to nerf the d bolts then.
once again we crowd the subject range because we can all admit its over powered.
Because gmaul and dds are both ranged weapons. Ranged is just a more viable option on pures, it reduces variety, that's what we're discussing. You want more variety.
;

Offline Neptune Ink

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 10:43:22 am »
i understand where your coming from about the bolts but you honestly think theirs no problem with them hitting 60+ through prayer? but if you spec on mele prayer you will be lucky to hit a 10 with great weapons like ags, dds, g maul, but 1 bolt can drop you through prayer i don't understand that at all?.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:52:03 am by Neptune Ink »

Offline Neptune Ink

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 10:45:51 am »
Also, the dark bow is known for the special attack it should have a use if not then get rid of it? adding these new weapon are just taking away the value of old school and i hate it. I think old school should compete with new school back in the day the d bolts you would be happy as hell to hit a 50 with a bolt now there busting them out like the rune c bow has a special attack that never ends. Theirs so many range wepons that take the place of dark bow. The javs can easily hit 50+ with pure gear twice. the axes can easily hit 45+ with pure gear and super fast but its to much to ask for the dark bow to be able to have a decent special to hit that 50?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:54:49 am by Neptune Ink »

Offline Red Bar Pk

• Liked: 17 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 06:59:46 pm »
Personally, I completely agree with this. As for the darts, they hit WAY too often, it just isn't even fun fighting someone with darts to a c bow.

As for the shield thing, if you're equipping it the whole time you are swapping it out for a d def, making melee even more hard to compete with range. If you were to swap between the shield, than you have to choose between eating or putting the shield on, just because you have the shield doesn't mean they still won't smack you with a 40 in a millisecond after two 30's from darts..

All in all, I agree with this. It is becoming more and more prevalent with people complaining about it. When a majority of pures are complaining about the same thing, it seems there is a problem. Yeah D Darts are supposed to be good, but who wants to play a game and PK when there is literally ONE way that would dominate the rest. I personally don't like ranging while I pk. But it shocks me how a lot of people still don't think range is OP. ESPECIALLY, with the addition of ancient armours and weapons. If you want to pk, you're ranging or dying. Simple as that.

Offline Neptune Ink

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 09:22:11 pm »
exactly!!!! ^^^^^^^^ learn something... ...children learnnn...
Pages: 1