The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hardcore ironman mode
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:21:45 am »
Same as regular ironman mode except you have 1 life. GA tickets are disabled except for the one you get from tutorial island. When you die you'll be a regular ironman, safe deaths are safe meaning you won't lose status in duel arena, jad minigame etc...
Initial ironman mode release was pretty hype and I'd imagine this one would be as well.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore ironman mode
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:33:43 am »
I never liked that mode in RS. It's basically waiting for your internet to fail you.
The following users liked this post: Danielshapz, Iron 69

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:41:38 am »
I never liked that mode in RS. It's basically waiting for your internet to fail you.
Runescape 3 actually has a temporary solution for this. OSRS has just 1 life, when you die it's over.
How rs3 does it you are able to buy a life at certain total level milestones to "save" your progress pretty much which are 1k and 1,6k which cost 100k at 1k total level and 10m at 1,6k total level. But yes disconnect is pretty much inevitable.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 10:56:31 am »
Runescape 3 actually has a temporary solution for this. OSRS has just 1 life, when you die it's over.
How rs3 does it you are able to buy a life at certain total level milestones to "save" your progress pretty much which are 1k and 1,6k which cost 100k at 1k total level and 10m at 1,6k total level. But yes disconnect is pretty much inevitable.

The bigger difference in rs3 is the fact that your account gets permanently disabled if you lose all your hcim lives. As long as you're alive tho, you're able to switch to a regular ironman.
The following users liked this post: Blakpn0y

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:37:47 pm »
Yes
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: Skymaster100

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 02:24:45 pm »
Here's the final concept/idea of how the gamemode would work the best in Emps imho:
  • GA tickets disabled completely (including the one from tutorial island)
  • You are able to buy two extra lives. This would be an item you hold in your bank and when you die it gets consumed. First extra life can be bought at 1000 total level which costs you 1m gp. Second life can be bought once the first one is consumed with 1750 total level and 10m gp.
  • Once you die and don't have any extra lives left you will become regular ironman.
  • Minigames that are safe are also safe deaths for hardcore ironmen.
I know this gamemode is basically just waiting for your internet to fail or game somehow fail on you but it's all for good fun and i'm sure it would have
players and perhaps even attract some older players to return who have got bored to the current game and have nothing to do.

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 03:48:13 pm »
Here's the final concept/idea of how the gamemode would work the best in Emps imho:
  • GA tickets disabled completely (including the one from tutorial island)
  • You are able to buy two extra lives. This would be an item you hold in your bank and when you die it gets consumed. First extra life can be bought at 1000 total level which costs you 1m gp. Second life can be bought once the first one is consumed with 1750 total level and 10m gp.
  • Once you die and don't have any extra lives left you will become regular ironman.
  • Minigames that are safe are also safe deaths for hardcore ironmen.
I know this gamemode is basically just waiting for your internet to fail or game somehow fail on you but it's all for good fun and i'm sure it would have
players and perhaps even attract some older players to return who have got bored to the current game and have nothing to do.

How about you can just have 1 life and no more? HCIM mode is all about preparing yourself for situations like those with rings of life.
The following users liked this post: Jp

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 03:54:38 pm »
I don't even know if ring of life's effect works but yeah that would be useful item to have on hcim.
So either it's just 1 life, no extra lifes, ga still disabled OR have 2 lifes as "milestone save points" basically. I'm fine either way and would personally prefer just 1 life tbh but I think 2 lifes would appeal to more players.
Pages: 1