The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Granite maul is overpowered
« on: January 19, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »
Yeah so since even level 85 accounts can hit 50 with this bad boy I think it's way too strong. A potential maximum damage of 150 with almost no time to react (eat food) seems way too overpowered. Runescape combatted this with combo food and pheonix necklaces, something emps doesnt have.

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
Re: Granite maul is overpowered
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:09:49 pm »
YES, it REALLY needs to get nerfed. Granite maul is the usually the weapon that kills me in wilderness. Honestley, people using dharoks can pretty much hit 80+ with it. and you have no time reacting against it. No fun :(.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:36:19 pm »
The maul is usually pretty innaccurate though, and since pking is mostly about lucky hits now instead of skilled special attack and vengeance combo usage, (and add in the fact that the only way to get that quick hit in is with a ton of practice), it isn't too overpowered compared to claws, since those can hit well over 60 and they are more accurate.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Mikeelvis

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since ~2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 11:46:33 pm »
The maul is usually pretty innaccurate though, and since pking is mostly about lucky hits now instead of skilled special attack and vengeance combo usage, (and add in the fact that the only way to get that quick hit in is with a ton of practice), it isn't too overpowered compared to claws, since those can hit well over 60 and they are more accurate.

Haha what he said ^^^
I hated every minute of training, but I said; "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
~The Greatest Of All Time
~Muhammad Ali

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:28:32 am »
This.

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 04:06:25 am »

^^ Double that.
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:11:16 am »
I see potential warnings here ^  :-X

Claws are more inaccurate though, and remember the Granite maul skips the attack delay. The D claws don't.
e.g. Dh pking: hits a 60 with axe > opponent has time to eat 1 (maybe 2) mantas > G maul hits 40-20 > he dead.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 09:06:29 am »
This.

Haha what he said ^^^

^^ Double that.
The hell are you guys saying?

Most of you, sorry, are with 0 pking experience, 'granite maul is inaccurate' is the most **** I heard today lol, no offense.
If you never tried it, don't talk about it, maul's accuracy is so damn high.

As for Lars suggestion, that's only for pures and if you hit a 50...You must be the Ho0omer with max strength set ^_^
Somehow I found maul balanced in main accounts pking. If you can find a way to fix this as for pures, without effecting the mains pking, would be awesome.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 12:00:01 pm »
This.

Haha what he said ^^^

^^ Double that.

Most of you, sorry, are with 0 pking experience, 'granite maul is inaccurate' is the most **** I heard today lol, no offense.

As for Lars suggestion, that's only for pures and if you hit a 50...You must be the Ho0omer with max strength set ^_^
Somehow I found maul balanced in main accounts pking. If you can find a way to fix this as for pures, without effecting the mains pking, would be awesome.
Ikr. And yes I'm mainly talking about pures. Even without the max strength they can still hit up to 40 which again makes for a very deadly combo with no chance of survival. The only suggestion I have is to add the pheonix necklace. This won´t affect mains that much but will affect pures. Let me explain to you how this works; the phoenix neckalce has to be worn to work, it will heal you for x amount of hitpoints once your hitpoints drop below a certain amount. In rs this amount is 30% of your hp, and the treshhold is <20%. After it has been used, it will destroy itself. This will vastly increase the survivability of pures.

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 12:12:11 pm »
This.

Haha what he said ^^^

^^ Double that.

Ikr. And yes I'm mainly talking about pures. Even without the max strength they can still hit up to 40 which again makes for a very deadly combo with no chance of survival. The only suggestion I have is to add the pheonix necklace. This won´t affect mains that much but will affect pures. Let me explain to you how this works; the phoenix neckalce has to be worn to work, it will heal you for x amount of hitpoints once your hitpoints drop below a certain amount. In rs this amount is 30% of your hp, and the treshhold is <20%. After it has been used, it will destroy itself. This will vastly increase the survivability of pures.
Well you can easy poke a pure to -30% of his health without even using gmaul >_>

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:37 pm »
It activates below 20% and you can simply put it on when you feel you're at risk. This, or combo food, is the only way to increase the survivability of pures.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 05:57:59 pm »
It activates below 20% and you can simply put it on when you feel you're at risk. This, or combo food, is the only way to increase the survivability of pures.
This seems appropriate.
I love the Graniite maul how it is now, due to me using it a lot on my pure. It is a deadly weapon and I fully understand your concerns. Having this necklace would be appropriate for the likes of pures with lower HP's but most people who face opponents with a Granite maul understand what they're up against and will eat at what they deem acceptable.
Pages: 1