The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Giving donator whips a strength training option
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:39:18 pm »
Currently the whips from the donor shop aren't very appealing to use. The only thing they offer (a good weapon to train shared exp with at all levels) isn't all that appealing as people tend to prefer to train stat by stat. Giving it a strength training option might make them a lot more appealing.

Pros
  • A weapon you can train melee with on any account, incredibly convenient to have
  • Will probably be the best weapon to train pures with
  • Has +1 maxhit when using the strength training style just like d hasta, this also holds nostalgia value for a lot of people

Some people might say that this may upset the balance for pures. They will have a weapon at scimitar/whip speed at all attack levels up to 70. Though we already have those. We have the normal scimitars for levels 1, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 60. We have adamant hasta for level 50 and we have dragon hasta for level 70. The price of d hasta is already quite similar to that of a donor whip, I don't think that will be an issue either. All it really does is make donor whips a lot more convenient.
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Blue Bird

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Giving donator whips a strength training option
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:57:49 pm »
yes i support dis

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Tgod Bro

• Liked: 304 times
  • +0/-0
  • Het echt varkentje
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:16:32 am »
It's a good idea!!! I fully support this.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

Offline Hugo Terwiss

• Liked: 362 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 12:25:53 am »
Like this idea Charr! You got my support!

Emps-world Player Moderator Since June 16, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since October 29, 2015
Emps-World Player Moderator Since February 26, 2016

Resigned as staff member on the 12th of July, 2016
Emps-World Player Moderator Since September 27, 2017

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 02:31:10 am »
OR GIVE THEM INCREASED BONUSES OVER REGULAR WHIPS SO PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE A REASON TO USE THEM OVER D HASTA.

Kty, that's why they were used in scape a lot more before they were obviously shat upon for some unknown reason. Well, it's not my income Thomy hurt by doing that so why would I care anyway.

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 02:37:31 am »
Giving them a huge difference than a regular whip would be welcomed, especially since now the only difference is the color really.. And I guess the levels that are required to train with some. Either way, giving rare whips a strength option would be interesting yet useful.

Offline Desno

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • VB Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 07:38:52 am »
I agree, they are more expensive to buy in-game than abby whips, or you can donate real money to obtain them, therefore they should have a bonus that a regular abby whip doesn't have, give them a better bonus or give them a Strength training option as mentioned in the original post. Fully in support of this, great suggestion :D
Accounts:
Vukovar - Main
Desno - Zerker

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 09:00:05 am »
i fully support this, adding that to donar whips will make them more special and players will actually buy them, and ofc, the price will go up again, which is good.

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 10:00:31 am »
i dont agree its not fair for people who cant afford that maybe just strenght option not just making it stronger and maybe same strenght option for elemental whips

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 10:04:36 am »
i dont agree its not fair for people who cant afford that maybe just strenght option not just making it stronger and maybe same strenght option for elemental whips
Literally my whole suggestion is giving it a strength option, I do not want to buff it directly as that would upset balance. It is in no way unfair to anyone though, donor whips are at a similar price as d hasta and anyone needing an efficient weapon to train isn't required to use one. It's just a matter of convenience.

Ele whips have flat stat bonuses over normal whips, they don't need much more than that.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 10:40:45 am »
Literally my whole suggestion is giving it a strength option, I do not want to buff it directly as that would upset balance. It is in no way unfair to anyone though, donor whips are at a similar price as d hasta and anyone needing an efficient weapon to train isn't required to use one. It's just a matter of convenience.

Ele whips have flat stat bonuses over normal whips, they don't need much more than that.

Speaking about the elemental whips, do you think elemental whips made out from donator whips should receive the option to train strength as well?

[sarcasm]AGS is totally unfair because it costs 10x more than BGS. It should totally be nerfed! Same with everything else above the stats of bronze weaponry![/sarcasm]

The point of this suggestion is to add an difference between 3 different types of weapons: regular whips, donator whips and d hasta. Currently they are nearly identical to each other.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 01:33:15 pm »
Speaking about the elemental whips, do you think elemental whips made out from donator whips should receive the option to train strength as well?
I'd be absolutely fine with it however I don't feel it's necessary at all.
;

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 02:39:33 pm »
Strength training option, sure. However I wouldn't like to see it having a +1 maxhit on this style.
However, I prefer Otto's idea over this one. I just don't like the maxhit being higher for a certain attack style.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:41:51 pm by Range 4 Meee »

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »
Strength training option, sure. However I wouldn't like to see it having a +1 maxhit on this style.
However, I prefer Otto's idea over this one. I just don't like the maxhit being higher for a certain attack style.
That's the way combat styles work, you train strength and you get a hidden bonus for strength, you train attack you get a hidden bonus for accuracy. It won't affect it much when you're actually wearing armour since the bonus is very minor.
;

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »
That's the way combat styles work, you train strength and you get a hidden bonus for strength, you train attack you get a hidden bonus for accuracy. It won't affect it much when you're actually wearing armour since the bonus is very minor.
I ain't talking about armour. Is the strength just a boost of the maxhit or does for example a 10 turn in to a 11?

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015
Pages: 1 2