The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Giant Mole and Pure Ess
« on: September 24, 2015, 09:24:00 pm »
I think adding in the Giant Mole would be a nice boss to add in. It's not challenging at all, I actually hardly consider it a boss.
Obviously the drops on here would have to be changed around a lot because we don't have a lot of the items that it drops on Runescape. I've made a list of a few drops that I think it should drop, it is as follows. Some of the more "rare" items that it could drop I labeled how often it would be dropped. Otherwise the numbers just show the quantity that it could drop.

Edit: Here is a description of what the giant mole is. The giant mole should be located in Falador park by, just like it is in OSRS. You can access it by digging on the mole hills located in the park. Once inside the cave you do need a light source, so some new items would need to be added into the game for this, either a candle or bullseye lantern. I was thinking that if you had a slayer helm it would count as a light source. Once inside it is a large cave that the moll can dig around in. It is level 230 and has 200 hitpoints. Using mele would be the best to your benefit and also having a bandos set for Armour would benefit you because the moll tends to hit very often. The unique trait about the moll is is will dig away from you in the middle of a fight and then you're on the search again to go find him.
Here is a description of the Giant mole if you have never seen it or killed it. http://www.runehq.com/monster/giant-mole

Coins- 1-45k
Feathers- 25-175
Pure ess- 25-75
Dragon Dagger- 1 in 50 kills
Dragon Scimitar- 1 in 60 kills
Dragon Claws- 1 in 90 kills
Crystal bow- 1 in 60 kills
Yew logs- 15-45
Magic tree seed- 1-5
Spirit tree seed- 1-3
Rannar noted- 1-8
Kwuarm noted- 1-8
Toadflax noted- 1-16
Torstol noted- 1-5
Rune Platebody
Rune platelegs
Mole bones (maybe these could give a larger bonus than big bones?)
Those are just suggestions remember, I understand the drops are all really decent to good drops, but don't hate on it for that.

My other suggestion would be adding Pure ess into game. Nothing more to really say about them, if you don't know what they're, read this.. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Pure_essence
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:54:51 pm by Callmedragon »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Mole and Pure Ess
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »
The boss itself is okay in my book, it does need more improvements to it.

General whining about the droptable:
  • Remove d claws, it would immediately kill all wildywyrm traffic and crash claws.
  • Remove crystal bow, it isn't used much, it isn't that good, it's fine being just from skeletal wyverns.
  • D scims and ddses are already cheap enough, no thanks
  • Rune plate and legs?

What I think should be done to improve it:
  • Ultra growth potion, it's in the droptable in rs. 1 dose skips 1 growth stage for farming. Only 1 per drop and slightly uncommon. Potion has no effect on spirit trees. (this is a 2014 item though)
  • Mole Nose, claws and skin which should all be tradable for a random number of random seeds.
  • Noted coal would fit and would make the mole have a good drop table by itself.

Pure ess should be added to the essence mine.

You should really say something about the boss' mechanics. They're quite good and would make the boss more appealing imo. Another boss wouldn't be bad.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »
The boss itself is okay in my book, it does need more improvements to it.

General whining about the droptable:
  • Remove d claws, it would immediately kill all wildywyrm traffic and crash claws.
  • Remove crystal bow, it isn't used much, it isn't that good, it's fine being just from skeletal wyverns.
  • D scims and ddses are already cheap enough, no thanks
  • Rune plate and legs?

What I think should be done to improve it:
  • Ultra growth potion, it's in the droptable in rs. 1 dose skips 1 growth stage for farming. Only 1 per drop and slightly uncommon. Potion has no effect on spirit trees. (this is a 2014 item though)
  • Mole Nose, claws and skin which should all be tradable for a random number of random seeds.
  • Noted coal would fit and would make the mole have a good drop table by itself.

Pure ess should be added to the essence mine.

You should really say something about the boss' mechanics. They're quite good and would make the boss more appealing imo. Another boss wouldn't be bad.
Like I said, they were SUGGESTED drops, i'm not saying it should drop ALL those things, those are just some suggestions. I used the rune Armour as an example for some of the lower, less valuable drops.
I like the idea of being able to trade the claws and skin in for a randomized seed and count of that seed.

Offline Camlatty

• Liked: 131 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previous Emps-Scape, Emps World 23-05-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 06:15:12 am »
I think the Giant mole is a good idea! It wont hurt to add another monster, maybe instead of Dragon Claws it could drop Abby Whip or something around that price.

Its hard to know what to suggest about drops as I have never killed it before so the difficulty is unknown to me. (I also did look at your link).

Also, would it be in a dungeon or what area would it suit?
Imo, I think in Barb Vill Dungeon would be a good fit?

Emps-World Player Moderator Since 17.10.15-13.02.16

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »
What about the holes in falador like in rs?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 02:39:24 pm »
What about the holes in falador like in rs?
This is actually what made me think of it, saw them while I was taking care of my tree in Falador park.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 02:58:41 pm »
I am not too familiar with the boss itself but introducing Pure Essence seems like a nice addition to the Runecrafting skill.

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 06:21:23 pm »
i would like to see a new boss tho, as charr said the drops need to be changed, and about the pure ess , it's been suggested be4, once by me, and every1 disaggreed, they said rc is already easy and by adding pure ess that means to multiply the runes even more and more rc xp.
so i add to the pure ess suggestion, to make the pure ess to give more mining xp and required lvl idk 40+ to mine them?
and more rc xp but without changing the multiplication of the runes
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:23:18 pm by Blue Bird »

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 09:31:36 pm »
i would like to see a new boss tho, as charr said the drops need to be changed, and about the pure ess , it's been suggested be4, once by me, and every1 disaggreed, they said rc is already easy and by adding pure ess that means to multiply the runes even more and more rc xp.
so i add to the pure ess suggestion, to make the pure ess to give more mining xp and required lvl idk 40+ to mine them?
and more rc xp but without changing the multiplication of the runes
So far all the above users have agreed to adding pure ess, I don't see why we need to buff them at all. Also, like I said, the drops would obviously have to be changed, those are suggested items that it COULD drop.

Offline Icecloud

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
  • Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »
any new boss would be a good addition. bossing is the only thing i like to do and im bored of all of the bosses.
Style

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 11:28:57 pm »
any new boss would be a good addition. bossing is the only thing i like to do and im bored of all of the bosses.
Ideas on pure ess? Have you killed giant mole before? Sometimes it hard to consider it a boss because it is fairly easy to kill.
Pages: 1