The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
G.E. Wheat field
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:47:50 pm »
Changing wheat field near Cooking Guild/Moss Giants/G.E. into flax field.
(was in suggestion list)
Opinions?

Offline Fawkes

• Liked: 36 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: G.E. Wheat field
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »
Changing wheat field near Cooking Guild/Moss Giants/G.E. into flax field.
(was in suggestion list)
Opinions?

No, many people use it as a good money making method.
Making one next to the GE will halve the price of bowstrings.
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:32:55 am »
This isn't that bad of an idea honestly.
I'll agree with this.

Online Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »

You are right about one thing, but, while they are worth half the price, you can get twice as many bowstrings during a certain amount of time, which leaves you with the same amount of money.

I like the idea. Thumbs up for me.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Fawkes

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »

You are right about one thing, but, while they are worth half the price, you can get twice as many bowstrings during a certain amount of time, which leaves you with the same amount of money.

I like the idea. Thumbs up for me.

Just a few players are actually training fletching, as it is a pretty useless skill. It's not easy to sell if you have lots of bowstrings. Just placed an offer for 10k bowstrings at 3.5k each, and I recieved them immediately.

Online Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:18:00 pm »
Just a few players are actually training fletching, as it is a pretty useless skill. It's not easy to sell if you have lots of bowstrings. Just placed an offer for 10k bowstrings at 3.5k each, and I recieved them immediately.

You were stating that it was a money making method for many people, and now you're saying only few people buy them. Because of the higher price there might be a more supply than demand. If the prices were dropped, the demand would get higher, and more people would be thinking about training fletching.

Win-win if you ask me.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Fawkes

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »
You were stating that it was a money making method for many people, and now you're saying only few people buy them. Because of the higher price there might be a more supply than demand. If the prices were dropped, the demand would get higher, and more people would be thinking about training fletching.

Win-win if you ask me.

I'm saying that it's fine as it is now. The demand is just a little bit too low at the moment, but picking flax is still a good money making method for some people. A flax field next to the GE will create an overflow. And I'm not sure the demand will increase if the price of bowstrings were dropped; why would people train fletching for? It's a nice skill, yes, but it's not a way to make money. And for the most people that's just the incentive for skilling.

Offline Ironman Jack

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
  • For those I love I will sacrifice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »

Win-win if you ask me.
It's a money making method because you gain a lot of money quickly and without any requirements.  The amount of bowstrings needed for one player is not met by one supplier, therefor it is a good money making method for a lot of people.  Example; when I got 200m fletching xp it took around 15 different players to supply me with all of the bowstrings or flax.

OT: I think this would be a cool idea because it might make bowstrings/flax a little cheaper and easier to get for yourself.
Purple since January 2016

Mary

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »
Since fletching is more centered about stringing bows than cutting logs (you get way more xp for it than you did back in scape) i felt like there should be a fairer way of obtaining flax than just in camelot (which is unknown/harder to reach). Hence why I put it there in the sticky
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 03:55:28 pm »
Since fletching is more centered about stringing bows than cutting logs (you get way more xp for it than you did back in scape) i felt like there should be a fairer way of obtaining flax than just in camelot (which is unknown/harder to reach). Hence why I put it there in the sticky
Either way, Flax and Bowstring in scape games have high demand and high supply offer on their names.
Pages: 1