The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
First/last page buttons for hiscores
« on: October 25, 2016, 12:51:08 pm »
Cuz we don't have them, and cuz reasons

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: First/last page buttons for hiscores
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 01:02:39 pm »
We don't have them cause they serve no real purpose. The 2 things people do with hiscores is check who has the most xp and search/compare their accounts and all the tools for that already exist. It automatically shows the first page and the last pages are just filled with people who have never trained the certain skill.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 01:09:08 pm »
We don't have them cause they serve no real purpose. The 2 things people do with hiscores is check who has the most xp and search/compare their accounts and all the tools for that already exist. It automatically shows the first page and the last pages are just filled with people who have never trained the certain skill.

Hiscores serve no real purpose because ultimately at the grand scale nobody cares how hard you have sweated over your pixels. I'm interested in the total number of players that have trained each skill.

Having said that, being able to choose what page I want to check would also be nice.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:40:55 pm »
In addition to what Otto said, we currently can't check how many PK points a user has. You have to find the user manually by going through the pages.

As far as the suggestion itself is concerned, I wouldn't mind it. Shouldn't be too hard to add.
However.. I'd prefer if we had rankings displayed as well.

Let me explain: If you open a user page in hiscores, it would show the global rank for each skill, PKP and total level. We could even display it like this which would give us more information: 1st out of X users (or 1/X).
Pages: 1