The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Few item suggestions
« on: March 06, 2016, 08:01:59 pm »
Since we lack diversity between shield choices for each combat style, I've decided to suggest a few things.

Firstly, I have to point out that range lacks off-hand weapons/shields. Among other shields melee has dragon defender and magic has books (requirement lvl 1 O_o), but range has no easily obtainable off-hand object (I'm currently talking about the ones, which have only attack and strength bonuses). I haven't decided on which shield should it be, but here's some possible options: Odium ward, Eagle-eye kiteshield, dragonhide shield. This item shouldn't be hard to get, since getting dragon defender and mage books are easy. As it's other counterparts this item should only give attack and strength bonuses.

There's also an issue with dragonfire shield. It is currently optimised for just melee. My suggestion would be to add a dragonfire shield upgrade kits, which would make the shield suited for either range and mage. To implement it, I would change dfs's current bonuses. After the revision it should be an overall shield: +6 overall attack bonuses,  +47 overall defence bonuses and +2 overall strength bonuses. The upgraded shields have the stats of current dfs, but for specific combat style. We can use recoloured dfs models for all 3 new shields: red for melee, green for ranged and blue for magic.
This would give much more shield variation for each combat style, currently melee obviously dominates. This would actually be useful for mages and rangers killing dragons.
I would add these upgrade kits to desert strykewyrms.

Thirdly, rings need more variation. Currently Ring of Stone and Ring of Vigour are so easy to get and they are the best rings in-game. To address this issue I once again recommend adding Imbue scrolls.
These would make the rings untradable and degradable (3000 hits for example) and would make these rings best for each combat style. So once again 3 different scrolls, which would be tradable, but once used to create an imbued ring, they'd become untradable and degradable. To upgrade the ring you would need a Ring of Stone and a Fremennik ring (Berserker ring for melee, Archers' for range and Seers' for mage). We could also add a new overall best ring, which would need Warrior ring and Ring of Stone for it's upgrade: this way Warrior ring would have finally a use as well.
Scrolls would be added to Arzinian avatars in Dagannoth cave.

To prove my point on the rings, I'll point out some facts.
Almost everything else has diversity in this game. There are 4 capes, each of which is best for a certain point (Fire cape for melee, Ava's accumulator for range, God capes for mage, Max cape for overall). There are four amulets (Strength (t), Ranging amulet, Magic (t), Glory (t). Best shields also follow this logic (Arcane, Divine, Elysian, Spectral). Also gloves (Bandos, Armadyl, Battle robe, barrows gloves) and so-on..
It is also very easy to get onyxes in this game. Many monsters drop it: I've counted 8 monsters. You can also get them from Shooting Star, Jad minigame (2 per each game completed) and caskets. Also the requirement for creating onyx rings is just 67 and there are many people who can help with enchanting. Getting a vigour is easy as well, only 5 rounds of pest control (3 at double xp).

Recap for last paragraph: The best ring shouldn't be so easy to get. That's why the suggestion.
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
Re: Few item suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:59 am »
I would agree with almost everything you mentioned. Multiple times If I could.
1. Range indeed does need off-hand item to be introduced in game, especially, when mages book and other prayer books can be used with no requirements at all. Odium ward seems like an Option. We could then introduce three new demi-bosses or bosses in, maybe, Wilderness? How's that sound?
2. Dragonfire shield doesn't need any buffs, it is good the way it is, and... If i understood correctly, you want desert strykewyrms to be introduced in game as well? Why not? Members features should expand.
3. Adding scrolls to imbue fremmenik rings. Agreed. Just scrolls could obtained from new minigame, like Shades Of Mort'on, that I suggested before, or maybe Dagganoth Kings, which could introduced as well. :)

Then again, I and many players suggested third one long ago, maybe for years, nothing good came out of it. Just wishing good luck, if this going to pass to updates.

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 03:12:34 am »
1. No wilderness. The whole point was that both mage books and dragon defender are quite easy to get. An equivalent range off-hand weapon/shield should be easily obtainable as well.
2. You misunderstood me. This isn't about buffing dfs, but turning it into an overall shield with lower bonuses (mentioned above), so it can be upgraded into specific ones for each combat style.

To make it simpler:
DFS bonuses now: +11 melee att, +59 melee def, +70 range def, +47 magic def, +4 melee str
DFS bonuses after: +6 melee range mage att, +47 melee range mage def, + 2 melee range mage str
Upgraded DFS-s:
DFS melee: +11 melee att, +59 melee def, +70 range def, +47 magic def, +4 melee str
DFS range: +11 range att, +47 melee def, +59 range def, +70 magic def, +4 range str
DFS mage: +11 magic att, +70 melee def, +47 range def, +59 magic def, +4 magic str

We would have to turn current DFS into an overall shield to balance out the amount of new ones. If we don't, there would be tons of melee shield and only few range/mage shields.

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:05:29 am »
1. No wilderness. The whole point was that both mage books and dragon defender are quite easy to get. An equivalent range off-hand weapon/shield should be easily obtainable as well.
2. You misunderstood me. This isn't about buffing dfs, but turning it into an overall shield with lower bonuses (mentioned above), so it can be upgraded into specific ones for each combat style.

To make it simpler:
DFS bonuses now: +11 melee att, +59 melee def, +70 range def, +47 magic def, +4 melee str
DFS bonuses after: +6 melee range mage att, +47 melee range mage def, + 2 melee range mage str
Upgraded DFS-s:
DFS melee: +11 melee att, +59 melee def, +70 range def, +47 magic def, +4 melee str
DFS range: +11 range att, +47 melee def, +59 range def, +70 magic def, +4 range str
DFS mage: +11 magic att, +70 melee def, +47 range def, +59 magic def, +4 magic str

We would have to turn current DFS into an overall shield to balance out the amount of new ones. If we don't, there would be tons of melee shield and only few range/mage shields.
Great idea. I guess. :) Having shield that can be turned in all round version is good to have. But I don't think Dragonfire Shield is suitable for this. Maybe, fresh new shield implemented? So, that it could be obtained through gathering pieces or something?

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:33:42 pm »
Great idea. I guess. :) Having shield that can be turned in all round version is good to have. But I don't think Dragonfire Shield is suitable for this. Maybe, fresh new shield implemented? So, that it could be obtained through gathering pieces or something?
The whole point was to have mediocre shields (stats-wise) for mage and range, which protect from dragonfire. So why should it be another shield? Makes no sense.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 01:37:09 pm »
As far as ranged shields go, dfs sounds like the better option to me. Upgrade kits aren't really needed though, visages would be a better idea. You should be able to break away the anti dragon shield from the dfs as well, so that you can turn it into a visage, the anti dragon shield would be lost. An npc would turn the dfs into a specific version. Though being able to turn it into a range and mage shield as well, the def bonuses should be lowered slightly, they're equal to spirit shields def bonuses.

Zerker ring should be turned into a hybrid ring like in rs, warrior should be the melee ring. Would be way easier to add them to a minigame shop instead of having them drop from something.

;
The following users liked this post: Roward12, Triangle Dot

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 01:47:06 am »
As far as ranged shields go, dfs sounds like the better option to me. Upgrade kits aren't really needed though, visages would be a better idea. You should be able to break away the anti dragon shield from the dfs as well, so that you can turn it into a visage, the anti dragon shield would be lost. An npc would turn the dfs into a specific version. Though being able to turn it into a range and mage shield as well, the def bonuses should be lowered slightly, they're equal to spirit shields def bonuses.

Zerker ring should be turned into a hybrid ring like in rs, warrior should be the melee ring. Would be way easier to add them to a minigame shop instead of having them drop from something.
I would still like to see an extra shield for range, even when ranged dfses are added. More variety is always welcomed, especially for ranged.

So what you're saying is that there's an npc that could just change shield's combat style? Wouldn't mind this, but why the splitting option for dfs? The visage has only 1 use, so there's no point or am I missing something?

I also wouldn't mind if Imbue scrolls are added into mini-game, but certainly not in the current ones. Would be easier just to add them as monster drops.

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 01:52:04 am »

I would still like to see an extra shield for range, even when ranged dfses are added. More variety is always welcomed, especially for ranged.

So what you're saying is that there's an npc that could just change shield's combat style? Wouldn't mind this, but why the splitting option for dfs? The visage has only 1 use, so there's no point or am I missing something?

I also wouldn't mind if Imbue scrolls are added into mini-game, but certainly not in the current ones. Would be easier just to add them as monster drops.
what about crysta; shield?

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 02:18:34 am »
What about crystal shield?
Umm.. Currently it only gives defense bonuses and melee att bonuses. If it would be changed to range shield, it should have 0 def bonuses and quite high ranged strength and attack bonuses.
Could be an option indeed.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Roward12

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 10:54:13 am »

should the npc ask a fee for turning your visage into a different kind of visage for range or mage?
this would create a money drain.

Or maybe if you give your shield to the npc instead of asking a fee it has a 25% fail chance making it possible for ur visage to disappear.
this would create an item drain which i think might be a good idea for the dfs since it's such a strong shield and it's only 3m.

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 11:33:36 am »
Roward12, I'm not sure if it's the right place for an item/money sink. The range and mage versions should both be as easily obtainable as the current melee version. So adding a fee or a fail possibility would make them harder to obtain and therefore they won't be as equals.

Offline Roward12

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 02:45:33 pm »
IMO i'd say any drain on whatever item or cash is always a good idea but i see how they would not be equals if my idea was to be implented.
 Also my idea would be a lot more work ofcourse.

Offline The Ava

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:18 am »
You should be able to break away the anti dragon shield from the dfs as well, so that you can turn it into a visage, the anti dragon shield would be lost. An npc would turn the dfs into a specific version. Though being able to turn it into a range and mage shield as well.
People could abuse smithing xp with breaking and making dfs again and again.

About rings,  just add berserker ring(į) ,  seers ring(į) and archer ring (į).  They could best rings in each combat style. 
* Game Moderator  Since 28/11/2017, Resigned 10/03/2018
*Oldschool Player Since 2009.
*ING: St 3rd mage

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 12:21:45 pm »
The imbue scrolls will turn fremennik rings into your named rings (missing warrior ring (i)). This way the rings dropped by gargoyles have a use as well.

Fair point about dfs's breakdown. Easily fixed by just changing the style of shield, not visage.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:51:40 pm by Saoledpede1 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:25 pm »
You should be able to break away the anti dragon shield from the dfs as well, so that you can turn it into a visage, the anti dragon shield would be lost. An npc would turn the dfs into a specific version. Though being able to turn it into a range and mage shield as well.
People could abuse smithing xp with breaking and making dfs again and again.
"the anti dragon shield would be lost"
Yes you could smith your visage over and over, but it wouldn't be very efficient to pay 46k gp for 1k smithing exp. With 3 anti dragon shields in stock at a time I don't think anyone would actually use this method.

This functions as a cash sink as well.

Fair point about dfs's brakedown. Easily fixed by just changing the style of shield, not visage.
*breakdown

It's there to give the sink a possibility of affecting the current amount of dfses in the game. Visages don't get traded around much. It would just reduce the amount of visages that get turned into a dfs, not the amount of dfses in the game. Thus we need something to turn dfses into visages.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:45:05 pm by Charr »
;
Pages: 1 2