The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Farming that is more afkable
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:01:31 pm »
Add farmers near patches to whom you can pay 50k to look after your herbs or trees, so you don't have to water/rake them. You only get exp for growth cycles and harvesting. This would allow for afk farming or farming while doing slayer and such.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Str8att7

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Farming that is more afkable
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:42:12 pm »
How about we pay Vannaka to do slayer for us? :o

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Slimshadyy, Tulrak, S Clegane

Offline Im Plsnorush

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
  • coolest poo in the loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:42:38 am »
Real men take tasks from Shenven.
no homo

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 10:40:35 am »

That would make no sense. Trees and shit growing on their own without having to water or rake them every 5 minutes does make sense tho. Farming in Emps is absolute garbage.

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:14:01 pm »

That would make no sense. Trees and shit growing on their own without having to water or rake them every 5 minutes does make sense tho. Farming in Emps is absolute garbage.

The point is that it doesn't make sense for growth cycles or harvesting to award farming xp if you're not involved in taking care of the plants.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 01:48:41 pm »

The point is that it doesn't make sense for growth cycles or harvesting to award farming xp if you're not involved in taking care of the plants.

500 xp drop from growth stage vs 65,6k xp drop from harvest on Spirit tree. I guess the xp from that is relevant below lvl 50 herbs but apart from that it is pretty much irrelevant to begin with. I'll tip my imaginary fedora if anyone trains their farming to 99 with only the growth stage xp.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »
Farming is already made easy enough... stop being lazy and rake/water those patches once in a while... Jeez

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 04:25:26 pm »
Farming is already made easy enough... stop being lazy and rake/water those patches once in a while... Jeez

Daily farm runs would be yet another incentive for players to log in. 5 minutes of work versus 30+ minutes work daily, depending on how much you farm, would be quick and easy to handle whenever you only have little downtime during the day. Herbs could be kept as they currently are, requiring higher effort, but trees could be changed into similar growth cycles as they have in RS.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Est Mauler

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:01:22 pm »
Farming trees really is pain. It takes an hour to grow a spirit tree, running between 6 trees and raking/watering them for that 500xp is pretty trash. Around 400k exp per hour really isn't what you would expect from a game like emps, where xp rates are higher than in runescape. Herb runs are different thing because you actually get awarded for this, but tree runs meh. Hiring a farmer for some cash to look after the trees is a nice idea so you don't have to camp at trees all day long to gain some experience. You would still need to plant the trees and dig em up, don't see why there shouldn't be option like this. Getting level 99 won't take long, but lots of people are going for the 250m and what i think is somewhat challenging/time consuming.
The following users liked this post: Im Plsnorush
Pages: 1