The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Farming
« on: October 10, 2015, 03:59:29 am »
ok, so here is my suggestion.

Whilst farming earlier today I noticed that the amount of herbs and vegetables you gain when plants are fully grown seem to random, ranging from as little as 3 herbs to almost a whole inventory full. I also realised that this happens for all herbs/vegetables and is the same for every player no matter what their farming level is. For example, if a player with level 32 farming could gain the same amount of ranarr herbs from a patch  as a player with say, 90+ farming.

Here is what I suggest, scale the amount of herbs you can recieve from a patch to the level of farming of the player. This would mean a higher farming level will see a larger return from patches than lower farming levels. It would also allow farming to scale even better in terms of xp as you recieve xp drops from each item you harvest.

thoughts?

-Big Chris

EDIT: level milestones should unlock more patches increasing the amount of herbs you can plant at a time?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:14:27 am by Big Chris »
The following users liked this post: 66destroyer3, 3st Ranger X, Str8att7

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: Farming
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 04:14:23 am »
This makes perfect sense. Agreed with your suggestion, although training at lower levels will become slightly harder.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 05:23:29 am »
This makes perfect sense. Agreed with your suggestion, although training at lower levels will become slightly harder.

that may be so. However, this means more farming runs which in turn will generate more low level herbs for lower levelled farming players and so they will have more herbs/xp to spend on their herblore skill which becomes very useful later on (can be a pain to train herb at low levels).

-Big Chris

EDIT: The way it is now, players with a lower farming level have the same chance to get the same amount of herbs as players with a higher farming level. This means lower leveled players have the chance to gain MORE herbs than the higher leveled player. By scaling the returns to the farming levels also makes training farming far more rewarding as you train it to higher levels.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:27:31 am by Big Chris »

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 05:51:11 am »
This seems really smart. I agree with this suggestion.
To go with farming I think their should be gauntlets if some kind to be added that give you a percentage of getting a larger quantity of whatever you're farming.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 07:56:35 am »
Definitely agree.

Since the update that opened up larger patches, farming is a lot easier and your idea would nerf it a bit, which is just fine.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:01:21 am by Kaarel 123 »

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 01:39:57 pm »
I.wouldnt.really.mind.we.have.so.many.herb.patches.anyways

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 01:47:25 pm »
well ur suggestion makes sense so i agree,
To go with farming I think their should be gauntlets if some kind to be added that give you a percentage of getting a larger quantity of whatever you're farming.
with this ^ , it'll be a perfect suggestion

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 07:51:31 pm »
Yes please! Would make XP/h more stable as well!

Mary

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 08:38:46 pm »
The amount of herbs you gain from a patch is loosely already based on your farming level, however this does not include the requirement of the herb (you can get equal amount of torstol as guam) and is anywhere between 3 and 13 herbs with 99 farming

Plans are to depend the chance to get more herbs on the difference between your farming level and the required farming level
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:28:32 pm by Mary »

Offline Camlatty

• Liked: 131 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previous Emps-Scape, Emps World 23-05-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »
I agree with your suggestion, it would also give the players a reason to want to level up also.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since 17.10.15-13.02.16

Offline Red Bar Pk

• Liked: 17 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 09:06:35 pm »
seems like a good idea, i agree.
Pages: 1