The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
Re: Event Manager
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21:36 am »
esam, again i suppose, but i just cant see it running properly, what if its me and i do take it seriously but then my work calls me when im due to run an event of course im going to pick work first then i get demoted, also people will eventually get bored of it
The event manager will be chosen very carefully, also it isn't that bad if one event is cancelled.
As always event managers can resign if they cannot organize events anymore.

That's the event manager's job to make all the events more fun. They should think of some new events not just killing bosses.
I think it's a great idea but event managers will have to be chosen very well.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:26:13 am by Kaarel 123 »

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ
The following users liked this post: Esam121

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 06:35:16 am »
The rank did not work in the past, and it won't work now either. I created this rank with the purpose of constant events, but what I got was constant complaints about one another, not doing their job, bossing around, etc. Eventually they'd want more powers and ask for moderator, but event manager isn't a 'trial moderator' as it was perceived in the past.

It also pissed off moderators back in the days, since some people lower than them could yell, and they couldn't. They never perceived the Event Managers as staff members, never worked as a team, always bossed them around, always caught up in fights, mostly in public (sb..).

To all of you who say it worked, it didn't. For as long as we kept the appearances, yeah it looked all right, but it was actually a big fail and it's best to admit it now and stop this, rather than let it be and see it happening again. I'm just telling you how it actually was, and mostly to Martin or whoever "may" consider this, don't. It's gonna be just a big burden and a pain in the ass, nothing else.

Side note: Get moderators to yell, no harm can be done, no more "pls mister Admin host this event". No real need for Event Managers anymore.

Edit: Also Martin was an EM himself afaIk and he can confirm how much of a fail it was, lol.

The following users liked this post: Kaner, Skelon, Yaz, Str8att7

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 08:38:13 am »
The rank did not work in the past, and it won't work now either. I created this rank with the purpose of constant events, but what I got was constant complaints about one another, not doing their job, bossing around, etc. Eventually they'd want more powers and ask for moderator, but event manager isn't a 'trial moderator' as it was perceived in the past.

It also pissed off moderators back in the days, since some people lower than them could yell, and they couldn't. They never perceived the Event Managers as staff members, never worked as a team, always bossed them around, always caught up in fights, mostly in public (sb..).

To all of you who say it worked, it didn't. For as long as we kept the appearances, yeah it looked all right, but it was actually a big fail and it's best to admit it now and stop this, rather than let it be and see it happening again. I'm just telling you how it actually was, and mostly to Martin or whoever "may" consider this, don't. It's gonna be just a big burden and a pain in the ass, nothing else.

Side note: Get moderators to yell, no harm can be done, no more "pls mister Admin host this event". No real need for Event Managers anymore.

Edit: Also Martin was an EM himself afaIk and he can confirm how much of a fail it was, lol.
I agree with you. However, why not to give this time a try?
Maybe the old Event Managers weren't good enough to be in this position, also if there was a request for a higher rank, it will be denied because Event Managers don't have the same power any other higher rank has. And they don't deal with community problems, cases, etc..
Anyways, I still believe in this "rank" because it may cause many changes if the ones who have it, are doing their job perfectly.. and again I would like to remind you that this rank is not going to be given randomly or just for the players who seem to be good for it.
It is going to be given carefully and seriously. I could set some tests and take care of handing applications if Martin would give me the permission to do so.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Rock Gyo

• +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01:09 am »

Maybe the old Event Managers weren't good enough to be in this position, also if there was a request for a higher rank, it will be denied because Event Managers don't have the same power any other higher rank has. And they don't deal with community problems, cases, etc..
Anyways, I still believe in this "rank" because it may cause many changes if the ones who have it, are doing their job perfectly.. and again I would like to remind you that this rank is not going to be given randomly or just for the players who seem to be good for it.
It is going to be given carefully and seriously. I could set some tests and take care of handing applications if Martin would give me the permission to do so.

I also took care of who I chose back in the days, unless you call Martin a fail  :kappa:

My point is, it's very hard to work it out, and there'll always be problems, really don't see how it'd work tbh :s I'm being honest, no hate.

The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Esam121

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 10:24:12 am »

I also took care of who I chose back in the days, unless you call Martin a fail  :kappa:

My point is, it's very hard to work it out, and there'll always be problems, really don't see how it'd work tbh :s I'm being honest, no hate.
Martin is really wise and responsible - I'm talking from some experiences with him - He'll definitely deal with it. I'll take care of promoting this project if Martin gives me the permission to handle it with him.
I myself am ready to support this system and will be willing to make this system successful and well-directed, again the community is in need for other pleasure things rather than PvM, PvP and skilling..
I'll stick to my suggestion and I am ready to strengthen it as long as many players are willing to see this system happen in the game.

Thanks for sharing your life experience anyways. :)

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 10:25:48 am »

The rank did not work and created conflicts because you've chose the wrong players

Offline Esam121

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 11:16:24 am »

The rank did not work and created conflicts because you've chose the wrong players
One of the biggest mistakes he did, was chosing Eddie as an event manager.. Eddie barely do things but he's great guy. No offense.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:26:01 am by Esam121 »

Offline Rock Gyo

• +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 11:36:53 am »

I don't think so. They all deserved and did their best; some things just don't work out. As simple as that.

Mary

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 11:39:28 am »
Your egos are admirable, oh and george is right.

Give gmods yell, done. I don't see any negative sides to this perfect solution.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 11:42:04 am »
People don't do shit unless they have powers; peope can just ask staff members to yell or something, they don't need any powers at all and especially powers like teleporting to modisland.

Event managers have got nothing to do with what moderators do and they should not be part of staff members discussing tickets amongst themselves. And Im sure that they also discuss future updates which is not okay in my book.

Just start hosting events, that's basically what you do even with he event manager rank. But 99% of people wont do it without being a "offical event" manager.
We dont need ranks to motivate lazy people.

"give me this and ill do that" stop that fucking crayon logic
The following users liked this post: Rock Gyo, Hugo Terwiss, Charr
Pages: 1 2