The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: EP
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 03:12:43 pm »
Clans would have trouble distributing tickets among members themselves since it requires a staff member to trade them.
completely forgot about this, gl with that and your clan owners not just keeping them. Seen enough clan owners being greedy (cough bounce or whatever it was)
Hence why they should be under surveillance more than American citizens.
;
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Roward12

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 04:57:32 pm »
Couln't it be possible for clans to request a certain ammount of EP for their events each time and that they will be surveilled by a mod while hosting the event to make sure the EP is rightfully distributed?

this way you'll have surveillance and EP distribution.
The following users liked this post: Bad Fight, Triangle Dot, Blue Bird, Beershake

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 05:43:26 pm »
Couln't it be possible for clans to request a certain ammount of EP for their events each time and that they will be surveilled by a mod while hosting the event to make sure the EP is rightfully distributed?

this way you'll have surveillance and EP distribution.
That would work out, but there would have to be certain rules for an event and such. I don't think EP would be given out for small stuff like a HNS.
;

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 05:47:07 pm »
That would work out, but there would have to be certain rules for an event and such. I don't think EP would be given out for small stuff like a HNS.

Could always do hns along the lines of if someone wins more than 3 times then they could receive 10/20 EP?
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 05:53:36 pm »

Could always do hns along the lines of if someone wins more than 3 times then they could receive 10/20 EP?
That would be better, but it would be a lot easier to get EP for events that take a little more effort, both from the people organizing and participating.
;
The following users liked this post: Skelon, Beershake

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 10:31:48 pm »
event points should be handed out at officially hosted events, which is already happening
Is it though? I wouldn't call facebook giveaways events.
The last real event that actually dealt with Event points was on Christmas: You could pull EP tickets out of the crackers.

There was no real reason to disperse the Event Team. And since players like to participate events and clans can offer them to people, so why shouldn't they get rewarded for their effort (actually they would be rewarding the players)? No-one else does that currently. The closest thing to an official event has been Bubblebeam2's PVMing events. He has used his own cash and time though, so it's not fair on him to call these events official.

Charr has some valid points. This obviously requires supervision, so the owners couldn't abuse it.
I also agree with rewarding guide creators etc, however you underestimate the potential complexity of HNS. If done right it requires preparing (locations, hints etc). Most HNS's are poorly hosted.
You could also make it harder by tying the hints to stuff outside of emps (can be anything: movies, any history etc), so you have to actually research to win the round.
What would your worthy events be if I may ask? Fox hunt, some pking events?

Tom, of course items will be given out. The ep would just be another way of rewarding the community. It would be for special occasions.

Mary

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 08:24:41 am »
event points should be handed out at officially hosted events, which is already happening
Is it though? I wouldn't call facebook giveaways events.
The last real event that actually dealt with Event points was on Christmas: You could pull EP tickets out of the crackers.

There was no real reason to disperse the Event Team. And since players like to participate events and clans can offer them to people, so why shouldn't they get rewarded for their effort (actually they would be rewarding the players)? No-one else does that currently. The closest thing to an official event has been Bubblebeam2's PVMing events. He has used his own cash and time though, so it's not fair on him to call these events official.

Charr has some valid points. This obviously requires supervision, so the owners couldn't abuse it.
I also agree with rewarding guide creators etc, however you underestimate the potential complexity of HNS. If done right it requires preparing (locations, hints etc). Most HNS's are poorly hosted.
You could also make it harder by tying the hints to stuff outside of emps (can be anything: movies, any history etc), so you have to actually research to win the round.
What would your worthy events be if I may ask? Fox hunt, some pking events?

Tom, of course items will be given out. The ep would just be another way of rewarding the community. It would be for special occasions.
none of this was my blame. I created the ep tickets so this would be a way to hand out ep during events over emps, a bit later martin dispersed the event team and told me i couldnt hand out any ep tickets anymore

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 09:44:47 am »
As far as EP goes, amount of them for rewards is too much. Make that 10 - 20 and you got my vote.
Overall, besides this, I agree.
EP is distributed by tickets, which all give 10 EP each. 100-200 EP is nothing to a clan, which hosts events weekly. Think about it: let's say we have 5 rounds each hns and reward is 1 ticket (10 EP), we can only host 2-4 such events. That's not much at all.
Nope, I still think it's too much.

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 10:39:54 am »
none of this was my blame. I created the ep tickets so this would be a way to hand out ep during events over emps, a bit later martin dispersed the event team and told me i couldnt hand out any ep tickets anymore
I'm not blaming anyone :) I just don't agree with the current method of giving out EP along with the dispersal of the event team.
Nope, I still think it's too much.
You're arguing about the wrong point. The amount doesn't matter at the moment and this would be out of our reach anyway. The idea itself is not bad at all, especially since emps has no actual event team and the current method blows. I liked what they did at Christmas with Dragon Santas, but these giveaways shouldn't be a way to distribute ep. Double xp itself is a good enough reward.

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 11:34:20 am »
In the actual way of giving the EP no one can do anything more than commenting on a facebook post, this isn't really entertaining.
The ways to get EP suggested in this would inprove players activity and motivation to play.

Staff team should be the Event Management team, who host events. I think they can organise themselves easily, like who of them is going to host an event and stuff like that. Staff could do more to make the game more enjoyable and this could be a thing an extra thing they do for that(other than moderating and helping people, which is very good).
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 11:50:57 am »
Hard to disagree with this. But what if gufex will make his own clan with his 10 accounts? First of all they must give to the specific clans only... The maturest ones.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 12:01:16 pm »
Beershake, I do not agree with you. Staff team has already many tasks and adding another job to them is not the right move.
It will turn out much better if we choose regular players, who are actually interested in it and are motivated to create such events. I'm not saying that current staff members can't take upon this responsibility themselves, but that's theirs to choose. It can be easily done by collecting some applications and then choosing from them.

Try Again Fo, it should be request only. What this means is that clans can make a request to receive some EP tickets in order to use them as rewards. Staff will decide if the clan is worthy and meets the requirements.

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 12:33:30 pm »
I'm not blaming anyone :) I just don't agree with the current method of giving out EP along with the dispersal of the event team.
Then instead of pulling such an idea, make it in details, like give tips  on how actually EP should be given out during events. Not every person can agree just cause they don't see a point in irrelevant decisions.

Mary

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2016, 12:51:13 pm »
Then instead of pulling such an idea, make it in details, like give tips  on how actually EP should be given out during events. Not every person can agree just cause they don't see a point in irrelevant decisions.
i aint pulling the idea (well yeah the clan idea for sure) i said staff should distribute EP during events just like the title of the points implies and the original intend of the creation of these points and tickets
Esp cuz only staff can trade then (can also be tradable by event managers easily but that would require some modding to the code because they werent in use when i created the tickets)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 01:03:26 pm »
The staff team could be given event tickets at the beginning of each month or week, maybe to admins, who could then pass them to moderators or players or clans who want to host events.

It's very frustrating not being able to reward people who attend my events, I really enjoy hosting them, and I feel like the attendance would be even better if I could give players something besides a silver bolt and some cash.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot, Blue Bird
Pages: 1 2 3