The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Emps-World:Enchantment System
« on: September 19, 2018, 08:21:06 am »
Emps-World: Enchantment System

Reason behind implementing such system:
The purpose of implementing such system is to sink items and coins in the game.

How does the enchantment system work?
Player uses item on mage, a dialogue appears with 2 following options.

Option 1: Would you like to exchange the item for enchantment points?
Option 2: Would you like to upgrade your item?

If player chooses option 1, the mage will say “this item will be exchanged for (x amount) of enchantment points” and the player will have the option to agree or disagree with the exchange. The enchantment points given to the player will depend on the rarity of the item being exchanged.

If player chooses option 2, the mage will say it will cost (x amount of enchantment points and x amount of coins to upgrade this item) The amount of enchantment points and coins depend on the rarity of the item being upgraded. The mage will warn the player that (x item) has a (1%-100% success rate and if it fails they will lose the item they’re trying to upgrade, enchantment points, and coins if the enchantment process fails) and the player will have the option to agree or disagree with the exchange (success rate depends on the rarity of the item being upgraded). The item being upgraded will become slightly stronger or receive a unique ability and a golden aura to show that the item is upgraded if the process is successful. We can also make the upgraded item degradable so it still works as a money sink down the road. (This is up for discussion just throwing out a general idea)

Items that can be upgraded
- Armor pieces (Platebody, Platelegs, Shield, Helm)
- Boots
- Gloves
- Capes
- Amulets
- Weapons
- Rings

So how does this help the community and avoid inflation?
- Players will use many items in exchange for enchantment points thus removing them from the game.
- Players will exchange enchantment points and coins for a ‘chance’ to upgrade their item which serves as an item sink and a money sink.
- Player fails to upgrade item, restarts the process over and removes more items from the game.

Think of it like the invention skill in rs.
destroy items -> get components -> use components to make perks for armor, weapons and tools
but this is more like the emps version :D

All this is up for discussion though, feel free to add your ideas!
The following users liked this post: Slimshadyy, Benjamin, Tulrak, S Clegane

Offline Slimshadyy

• Liked: 107 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hello my name is...
    • View Profile
Re: Emps-World:Enchantment System
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:19:34 pm »
Very nice idea, maybe it is better to make the enchanted item untradeable so even more people are using the enchantment system instead of buying the item from a player.

Player since 2009
Emps-world Player Moderator Since March 28, 2018
Resigned as staff member on the 28th of november, 2018
Event Manager Since June 3, 2019
Resigned as Event Manager Since August 24, 2019
Maxed

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:30:53 pm »
Oh god, This was the reason I quit silkroad after I spent all my money trying to get an item to +17 and failed at +16 or something

Anyway I like this idea.

Idk if I like slimshadyy Idea or no tbh, since he has a point on forcing people doing it however I might be the unluckiest person alive, don't I deserve to have one of these upgraded items  ?

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:15:26 pm »
Hi, i'm back. So the main argument regarding implementing this is that if players are able to get enchantment points by using any item would not really sink any of the high end gear since players will just use low tier gear to obtain these enchantment points. Here is a solution that might work... We can have multiple different stages for enchantment points, these stages depend on what item you're enchanting.

Here are 2 examples:

Enchantment Points (Low tier) - these are obtained by enchanting low tier items.
Enchantment points (Mid tier) - these are obtained by enchanting mid-tier items.
Enchantment points (High tier) - These are obtained by enchanting high-tier items.

OR

Enchantment points (Bandos) - these are obtained by enchanting bandos items and can only be used to upgrade bandos items.
Enchantment points (Armadyl)- these are obtained by enchanting armadyl items and can only be used to upgrade armadyl pieces.
Enchanment points (Demon) - these are obtained by enchanting demon weapons and can only be used to upgrade demon weapons.

and so fourth....

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:16:28 am »
Hi, i'm back. So the main argument regarding implementing this is that if players are able to get enchantment points by using any item would not really sink any of the high end gear since players will just use low tier gear to obtain these enchantment points. Here is a solution that might work... We can have multiple different stages for enchantment points, these stages depend on what item you're enchanting.

Here are 2 examples:

Enchantment Points (Low tier) - these are obtained by enchanting low tier items.
Enchantment points (Mid tier) - these are obtained by enchanting mid-tier items.
Enchantment points (High tier) - These are obtained by enchanting high-tier items.

OR

Enchantment points (Bandos) - these are obtained by enchanting bandos items and can only be used to upgrade bandos items.
Enchantment points (Armadyl)- these are obtained by enchanting armadyl items and can only be used to upgrade armadyl pieces.
Enchanment points (Demon) - these are obtained by enchanting demon weapons and can only be used to upgrade demon weapons.

and so fourth....

I like this first option more tbh,
I wouldn't mind doing that to high tier items however on demon items, that's so damn expensive so it better worth the upgrade or its just not gonna work at all.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Alugis

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:02:10 am »
Idea is great but please don't think making high-end gear even more powerful it's OP as it is now and there wont be much space for new content.
It would work great with stuff starting from Dragon and going up to Bandos/Arma/Battle but not lower or higher.

Offline Benjamin

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 08:54:02 am »
Maybe some specific for the high-end there doesnt make it more powerfull in as example accuracy or dmg. "Enchantment" can be alot of stuff  :D
Pages: 1