The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Elemental staves and bows with crystals
« on: May 24, 2016, 06:04:06 pm »
It has come to my attention that these upgraded tier 80 weapons are pretty much useless.

First let's discuss the bow because it's the most obvious one.

It has +100 range accuracy and can fire up to dragon arrows. God bows also have +100 range accuracy and can fire up to god arrows which are flat out better. This makes the elemental bow completely useless since it's more expensive (both to purchase and to use) and has worse dps. (unless there are some variables I don't know about, e.g. attack speed)

Now for the elemental staff.

It has +100 magic accuracy and provides unlimited elemental runes. I will compare it to 2 other types of staves; the rod/zuriel staff and the staff of light. When compared to the rod/zuriel staff we notice the stats are identical, however the build in spells of the rod/zuriel staff hit harder than the strongest spell the elemental staff can cast (I assume this is ice barrage)
When compared to the sol it has 8 more mage accuracy whereas the sol gives a bit of defense bonus and prayer. The sol has a 35% chance to cast a spell for free whereas the elemental staff saves elemental runes. The sol also has a special attack which can be useful in some situations. Now you might think that the elemental staff is the better option situations where one uses a lot of elemental runes but this isn't true. You see with the current price of crystals (60m) and of the basic elemental staff (10m) you spend 35m on average when your staff degrades. This means each hit costs 35m/5000=7000. I don't think there is any spell that uses 7000gp worth of elemental runes.

As you can see the staff is outclassed by the rod and zuriel staff when it comes to damage and by the sol when it comes to preserving rune costs.

I suggest to give the t80 elemental staff a small amount of magic strength. Basically enoguh to increase the max hits of spells by 2 maybe 3. This will make it unique and a viable choice in certain situations.

I do not know how to fix the bow though. Perhaps increase its accuracy so it would be mroe accuract than the god bows but it would deal elss damage because it can't fire god arrows.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to post your feedback below.

Mary

Re: Elemental staves and bows with crystals
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:41:53 pm »
elemental staff upgraded has 40% chance to save all your spell runes, not just the elemental ones

I never intended to update elemental staves/elemental whips, and the elemental bows originally had a different use (simply nostalgica addition) so i'm not sure what to do with them.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 08:39:39 pm »
elemental staff upgraded has 40% chance to save all your spell runes, not just the elemental ones

I never intended to update elemental staves/elemental whips, and the elemental bows originally had a different use (simply nostalgica addition) so i'm not sure what to do with them.
That's not what the wiki says :[ Also it's still more expensive to use than sol...

Mary

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:48:49 pm »

That's not what the wiki says :[ Also it's still more expensive to use than sol...
every staff saves runes equal to half of the required magic level. Since crystal elemental staff requires 80 magic to attack it thus preserves 40% runes.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 06:50:31 am »

Increse the number of charges so they won't be so goddamn expensive to use.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:55:38 am »
I've never found any elemental weapons worth using mainly due to the way their charges work. They are meant for PvP and that's where they should shine. Ele whip already does this just fine. I have ideas for them, they may be crazy but I'm still gonna throw them out there anyways.

The bow:
Can be given the longest range of any weapon in the game, this would make it superior to zbow in PvP situations. It won't dominate edgeville but it'll certainly see use in deep wilderness.

The staff:
An effect similar to ahrim's set would set it apart from sol, it would be the offensive option. A small str bonus increase wouldn't be bad.

Regardless of what happens to them though, I don't plan on using these weapons due to their cost. Their cost however is as it should be and should not be changed.
;

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:09 pm »
I've never found any elemental weapons worth using mainly due to the way their charges work. They are meant for PvP and that's where they should shine. Ele whip already does this just fine. I have ideas for them, they may be crazy but I'm still gonna throw them out there anyways.

The bow:
Can be given the longest range of any weapon in the game, this would make it superior to zbow in PvP situations. It won't dominate edgeville but it'll certainly see use in deep wilderness.

The staff:
An effect similar to ahrim's set would set it apart from sol, it would be the offensive option. A small str bonus increase wouldn't be bad.

Regardless of what happens to them though, I don't plan on using these weapons due to their cost. Their cost however is as it should be and should not be changed.
Outranging the god bows pretty much means you can shoot across the map lol

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 08:48:52 am »

God bows got 92 accuracy, elemental bows got 100 accuracy (87 when uncharged).

- elemental bows are way more expensive and degrade.
- god bows' ammo is the best of its kind and easy to obtain.

How to fix this problem?
- increase the accuracy of elemental bows to 105.
- Make elemental bows fire without ammo -> add 85 ranged strength bonus to the bow
- make elemental bows have the same range as god bows (having the longest range in the game)
- lower the range of god bows to seercull
- add the special effect of seercull to elemental bows.
- increase charges to 7500.
- make that you always lose the crystal when you run out of charges.

SoL has 92 accuracy, rod, zstaff and elemental staves have 100 accuracy (87 when uncharged).

- rod and z staff can be recharged for a pretty low price.
- SoL is cheap and has a tanky special effect.
- rod and zstaff dont need any runes.

How to fix this problem?
- increase the accuracy of elemental staves to 105.
- make that you always lose the crystal when out of charges.
- make elemental staves consuming no runes at all (crystals are still more expensive than using 7.5k+ spells).
- add some magic strength bonus to elemental staves.

Note: elemental whips would need to have 7500 charges as well as losing the crystal when out of charges.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 09:15:47 am »

God bows got 92 accuracy, elemental bows got 100 accuracy (87 when uncharged).

- elemental bows are way more expensive and degrade.
- god bows' ammo is the best of its kind and easy to obtain.

How to fix this problem?
- increase the accuracy of elemental bows to 105.
- Make elemental bows fire without ammo -> add 85 ranged strength bonus to the bow
- make elemental bows have the same range as god bows (having the longest range in the game)
- lower the range of god bows to seercull
- add the special effect of seercull to elemental bows.
- make that you always lose the crystal when you run out of charges.

SoL has 92 accuracy, rod, zstaff and elemental staves have 100 accuracy (87 when uncharged).

- rod and z staff can be recharged for a pretty low price.
- SoL is cheap and has a tanky special effect.
- rod and zstaff dont need any runes.

How to fix this problem?
- increase the accuracy of elemental staves to 105.
- make that you always lose the crystal when out of charges.
- make elemental staves consuming no runes at all (crystals are still more expensive than using 7.5k+ spells).
- add some magic strength bonus to elemental staves.

Note: elemental whips would need to have 7500 charges as well as losing the crystal when out of charges.

You da man, I like this. However...

...there's a risk of runes becoming worthless since SoL would be the only high-level staff using them.

Mary

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 10:33:18 am »
I think the rune preservation based on the level requirement of the staff is very unnecessary, barely communicated and a huge effect on the runecrafting market. I'm more inclined to plea for removal than even increasing this preservation, giving the elemental staff a little more use since it preserves all elemental runes.
Same for the proposed solution to remove ammo for elemental bows, but since ammo preservation is already a thing because of ava, i'm less against this.
God bow range nerf agreed, and then elemental bow indirectly receives a buff. Increasing the accuracy to match dps with the stronger ammo for godbows is also a potential (additional) solution.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 10:38:01 am »
elemental bow indirectly receives a buff

They need a proper buff. Without one they'll never be worth the cost.
Pages: 1