The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
Dye shards
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:00:19 pm »
took me a total of 381 elite clues to get my first complete dye, 382 elites for a second, 411 eites for third and 442 elites for fourth.

heres the (worthy) loot from all those clues.

it does pricecheck to 1b. if i were to include the other loots it would probably be 1,1-1,2b total.

elite clues on a base take 10-20 mins to complete, if you were to get all 4 dyes it would take you (calced from my test) about 147 hours to get them. thats more than 6 days of straight elite clues. this would be 7m per hour which is quite low imo. my suggestion on this is to increase the amount of shards possible by 30-50% on both elites and hards.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:02:31 pm by Corne506 »
The following users liked this post: Iownu5xbetr, Iron 69

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dye shards
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:29 pm »
No thanks, I'd rather keep the dyes rare.

The ability to trade the shards makes it quite easy for dyes to come into the game. Clues are actually decent money now, any increase in shards is a step towards that no longer being the case.

Inb4 BUT MUH IRONMAN CANT TRADE. You're an ironman, work for it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:05:52 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Papa Troq, Earl, Martin

Offline Iownu5xbetr

• Liked: 29 times
  • +0/-0
  • *Always #1* : Respect. Loyalty. Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:18 pm »
I agree with this. It does take way too many Caskets to actually earn a decent amount of shards.
In Real Life Name: Jake
In Game Username: Iownu5xbetr
XxX Proud Emps-Scape Player Since Summer 2009 XxX
xXx If You Need Any Help Send Me Pm In Game or Forums xXx

*  Thread In Off-Topic Coming Soon For My Truck's Future and Past Updates (:  *

All Truck Mods, Upgrades, and Restoration Pictures:
https://gyazo.com/collections/42aea246670ceeb4fc35cd7edbadb6ca

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:36 am »
Would also prefer them to stay rare.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:05:16 am »
Not sure if elites always offer the same amount of dye, but I wish it had like a rare droptable for dyes too.
If you get lucky you can get alot of dyes in one clue, but the base would be same.
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare, Earl, S Clegane

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 12:31:57 pm »
I think that's the meaning of them being rare.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 12:56:04 pm »
I don't consider 7m/h to be low. If a player plays mere 2 hours a day for a single year (having player for as long as possible is always a great thing), they would make over 5B gold in that time. For comparison's sake, my bank isn't even 1B.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »
elite clues on a base take 10-20 mins to complete, if you were to get all 4 dyes it would take you (calced from my test) about 147 hours to get them. thats more than 6 days of straight elite clues. this would be 7m per hour which is quite low imo.
you can get 40m+ an hour by selling the caskets ???

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 04:32:57 pm »
Disagree on buffing dye shards drop rate/drop amount.

I think they are end game cosmetic stuff (used on torva/virtus/pernix, max cape etc), and thus it should not be that easy to gather the whole dye. I also prefer them to stay rare.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Just Humen, Earl, S Clegane

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »
elite clues on a base take 10-20 mins to complete, if you were to get all 4 dyes it would take you (calced from my test) about 147 hours to get them. thats more than 6 days of straight elite clues. this would be 7m per hour which is quite low imo.
you can get 40m+ an hour by selling the caskets ???
but then you wouldn't get the shards ??? thats what this topic is pointed on

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 08:23:26 pm »
I don't consider 7m/h to be low.
I agree with this. That's by no means low.

The only reason the price of elite caskets inflated is because of the shards, if you're gonna hand out more shards there will be less demand for caskets. If you want to get a dye without trading open your caskets. If you think it's too much work buy them.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 11:10:43 pm »
I don't consider 7m/h to be low.
I agree with this. That's by no means low.

The only reason the price of elite caskets inflated is because of the shards, if you're gonna hand out more shards there will be less demand for caskets. If you want to get a dye without trading open your caskets. If you think it's too much work buy them.
This isn't wether the moneymaking doing caskets is amazing or not, it's about the amount of dye you get per clue and if it's reasonable.
Caskets sky-rocketed in price because of rich stakers wanting comestics first and fast, no average player is going to buy any caskets for 6m each.

Average person is going to buy dyes for either 250k each or do elites themselves, I haven't even put an offer for dyes in GE because even now 40 days after the update I'm guessing the market for them is not really in my best intrest.

You really don't need to argue about the amazing moneymaking method held on the shoulders of ks amk stakers, it just comes down to wether you think that doing 381 clues for 500 dye shards is okay.

If I had to make an prediction if the caskets are going to drop in the future with these drop rates, I would say yes all things considered. But given how they even inflated to 6-8m which is just a stupid price to pay for any casket, who the fuck knows.

Eventually there will be less demand for caskets, remember the dyed items are untradeable. You can't really clinge onto this 6-8m per casket number and hope it never drops, it has already dropped ~2m as far as I know.

Couple things to mention, far as I know corne actually has an dyed item that he has worked for, so basing your arguments over what you think ironmen will say is completely pointless.

You can get around 200-300m in 10 hours selling caskets, nobody's saying you can't. The point is you couldnt buy 200-300m worth of dyes (which is roughly 500 dyes) in 10x that time. And I don't see how the dye-market will get any better, if stakers actually grow some brains and realize they lose about 60% of caskets initial 6m price per pop they should drop in price eventually. Furthermore that stakers will eventually obtain the dyed items and there goes alot of your market for caskets.

All in all, the fact that Thomy is updating the clue droptable is really nice. I really hope we get another update to it's droptable in the future, when people have forgotten about dyes and then they will sell much easier.

I'm not really that adamant about changing of the dye rates, it's been 40 days and I've only seen 3 of the new items. Considering how rare they've been to see I've actually cared less and less about them, not more.

Also I'm kinda petty that It takes so long to get the sick max cape  :-*
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:55:07 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Earl, Charr, Str8att7, S Clegane
Pages: 1