The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Dropping
« on: November 27, 2017, 05:33:05 pm »
Why it is not possible with Ironman to drop empty vials in wilderness? is this a thing actually?

My suggestion is simple - make it possible to drop them in wilderness sometimes takes spot.
The following users liked this post: Brock Lesnar

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 05:36:14 pm »
This is disabled because looting in wilderness works differently afaik. It was changed to be like this so ironman can't loot other players items. There was a reason for it but I seem to forget it all the time.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:16:22 pm »
The 2 options Thomy gave us back when ironman mode was release were:
1. Items would disappear instantly if dropped
2. Disable dropping in wilderness for ironmen

The second one seemed like a better option so people don't accidentally drop their valuables and completely remove them from the game. Because items dropped in the wilderness are visible for everyone instantly, the game is no longer able to track who dropped the items. Thus you wouldn't be able to pick them back up anyway.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »
So, besides that empty vials can be easily bought from general store for 1gp ironman will get all depressed if he would throw it away instead of food or potion drop at revenants, let's say, then what? I suppose, making only vials empty to be dropped inside wilderness the only thing ironman could drop would work if that's the case..

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 09:09:27 pm »
So, besides that empty vials can be easily bought from general store for 1gp ironman will get all depressed if he would throw it away instead of food or potion drop at revenants, let's say, then what? I suppose, making only vials empty to be dropped inside wilderness the only thing ironman could drop would work if that's the case..

Now let's have a reminder as to how complicated seemingly simple things can be to develop. Adding make all option to osrs require rewriting 10k lines of code. https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/918897053194997762

I'm sure if it was simple, it would have been done way back in the day because there was definitely suggestions about it.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »

Now let's have a reminder as to how complicated seemingly simple things can be to develop. Adding make all option to osrs require rewriting 10k lines of code. https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/918897053194997762

I'm sure if it was simple, it would have been done way back in the day because there was definitely suggestions about it.
I see where you're pointing at but I'm suggesting exact item, not all items from game to be dropped in wilderness and empty vials are troublesome sometimes when you get food drop at revenants for example.

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:31:34 pm »

I see where you're pointing at but I'm suggesting exact item, not all items from game to be dropped in wilderness and empty vials are troublesome sometimes when you get food drop at revenants for example.

I am pretty sure that coding the ability to drop any item is way easier than only being able to drop empty vials. As you and I don't really know anything about coding (judging by your replies), I think we should just believe what someone12116 said.

"I'm sure if it was simple, it would have been done way back in the day because there was definitely suggestions about it."

Offline Brock Lesnar

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 03:05:14 pm »

I am pretty sure that coding the ability to drop any item is way easier than only being able to drop empty vials. As you and I don't really know anything about coding (judging by your replies), I think we should just believe what someone12116 said.

"I'm sure if it was simple, it would have been done way back in the day because there was definitely suggestions about it."
I know about coding. Emps is seperate thing from my coding tbh. Bad judging. And I saught this as option to be implemented not to get otto's pesimistic world thoughts on it also having opinion shows that it can be improved if it's bad to begin with... Seems Div, you forget that one out completely and agree with whatever majority would say. Anyways, Thanks for feedback, at least it's getting views.

Offline Division66

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:14 pm »
  • I never go along with the majority. I say what I truly think, so you are the one who is bad at judging. As a person who have been bullied through all school years, I can't say that I like Finns. Well, there are good dudes out there too.
  • Just saying that you know about coding doesn't make me think that you really know about coding.
  • I really think that if this would be very easy to implement, it would have been already added. Thomy does read suggestion sections (also other sections too). Well, besides that, he makes updates with the order what he thinks is more important.
  • From what I understand what you are trying to say, you know about coding but don't know how emps is coded, so how do you how many code lines it would take to implement that?

EDIT:
Btw, why do you reply with a different account and like your main acc's reply with your sub acc?

EDIT:
I live in Finland for those who don't know that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:11:52 pm by Division66 »
The following users liked this post: Ravioli

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 11:07:09 pm »
  • I never go along with the majority. I say what I truly think, so you are the one who is bad at judging. As a person who have been bullied through all school years, I can't say that I like Finns. Well, there are good dudes out there too.
  • Just saying that you know about coding doesn't make me think that you really know about coding.
  • I really think that if this would be very easy to implement, it would have been already added. Thomy does read suggestion sections (also other sections too). Well, besides that, he makes updates with the order what he thinks is more important.
  • From what I understand what you are trying to say, you know about coding but don't know how emps is coded, so how do you how many code lines it would take to implement that?

EDIT:
Btw, why do you reply with a different account and like your main acc's reply with your sub acc?

EDIT:
I live in Finland for those who don't know that.
I was replying from phone, that's why and no, I don't know how many coding lines it takes to make this happen. Alright, if that's hard then I'm cooling off before it gets completely out of hand. Plus, think what you want because I don't suppose I have to show that I know something about coding.

Offline Division66

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 10:24:38 am »
Yeah you don't have to show, I wouldn't understand anything anyway lol.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »
The magical 'ability how to code' (yes, this is sarcastic) doesn't give you any insight on how the dropping part is structured internally. The point of not being able to drop items in the wilderness is due to the system working differently there. Every item you drop is instantly shown to other players, which interfers with the ironman code of picking up items.

The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Jp, Someone12116, Division66

Offline Brock Lesnar

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 08:41:55 pm »
The magical 'ability how to code' (yes, this is sarcastic) doesn't give you any insight on how the dropping part is structured internally. The point of not being able to drop items in the wilderness is due to the system working differently there. Every item you drop is instantly shown to other players, which interfers with the ironman code of picking up items.
ok.
Pages: 1