The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Drop tables
« on: August 10, 2017, 03:52:12 pm »
Suggestions is simple as it sounds:

For Skeletal Wyverns remove Saradomin Armour and replace it with skilling supplies and alchables.
For Hellhound remove Zamorak Armour and replace it with skilling supplies and alchables.
For Gargoyle remove Guthix Armour and replace it with skilling supplies and alchables.
For Bloodveld to drop Blood Runes as it is original drop being famous for.
For Chaos Druid to drop all sort of herbs(higher than irit herbs less common) and be aggressive to any level.
For Chaos Dwarf to have any sort of drop table, cause they're one of NPCs not worth killing at all.
For Jellies/Trolls to remove Granite replace with Rune Items instead. Granite should be exclusive to Gargoyles only.
For Dagganoth Kings make Dagganoth bones one at a time or noted all three.
For Poison Spider to have a 50 red spider eggs noted drop 1/1000.
For Obsidian Dragon to drop noted both hides(trip takes up to 7 - 9 kills depending if you get stacks or items worth something)
^Otto mentioned this before, So I bring this up again.
For Chaos Elemental to drop Rune Essence more common than Yew/Magic Logs. Also, remove Comp bows as they are useless on drop table and should be move to(easy, medium, hard) clue rewards.

Not sure if its so difficult to change dropped items on certain npcs but it might turn useful tho.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Tomtim1, Level Down, K Naut

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Drop tables
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:41:13 am »
Afaik any kind of rune armour is an alchable. That's why I don't see a reason to remove sara or zamorak items from their current NPCs.
Guthix however makes sense since it would get replaced with granite.

I like the rune suggestions.
Chaos elemental should be the main source of getting runes through pvm. It does not need any other skilling supply drops other than rune essences.

Regarding comp bows, they shouldnt get added to clue scrolls. They should get deleted from the game because of how useless these items are.

The only thing I disagree with is adding skilling supplies to every npc. There are way too many potions in the game and getting herbs + seeds is way too easy. High level seed drops should be dropped only by bosses and other mid level seeds should be a very rare drop from other strong npcs.

Overall it is a nice suggestion, but without the drop tables and rates it is quite difficult to balance drops.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 06:05:18 am »
Afaik any kind of rune armour is an alchable. That's why I don't see a reason to remove sara or zamorak items from their current NPCs.
Guthix however makes sense since it would get replaced with granite.

I like the rune suggestions.
Chaos elemental should be the main source of getting runes through pvm. It does not need any other skilling supply drops other than rune essences.

Regarding comp bows, they shouldnt get added to clue scrolls. They should get deleted from the game because of how useless these items are.

The only thing I disagree with is adding skilling supplies to every npc. There are way too many potions in the game and getting herbs + seeds is way too easy. High level seed drops should be dropped only by bosses and other mid level seeds should be a very rare drop from other strong npcs.

Overall it is a nice suggestion, but without the drop tables and rates it is quite difficult to balance drops.
Good example what I thought about skilling items was to have drop tables similar to those of Ice Demons, Abyssal Watchers and Ancient Gladiators but with lower tier skilling supplies. Prices of skilling supplies hasn't changed that much since they have been added and I don't see a problem for other med/higher level monsters to drop something more than just metal garbage or rune/granite/dragon items. Herb seed table could be expanded on Cave Horrors since their original drop table is mostly seeds and Black Mask. As far as Chaos Elemental is mentioned - yes, he should drop a different runes. Then again, you can do barrows for them runes and get valuable drops as well. Comp bows aren't that bad actually if you don't have any decent bow on Ironman(although, now magic shortbow is bought in shop and can do the trick). They never were intended to be placed somewhere near seercull or other better bows as they should be cosmetic item ing.

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:24:38 am »

Comp bow actually used in pure fights and he hits quite decent, seems you never tried to pk, only pvm and grinding, like sitting all way home hidding from whole world. Dude dont scare to risk and try yourself in different amplua, release yourself.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:26:30 am by Di Dot »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 01:16:22 pm »

Comp bow actually used in pure fights and he hits quite decent, seems you never tried to pk, only pvm and grinding, like sitting all way home hidding from whole world. Dude dont scare to risk and try yourself in different amplua, release yourself.

Retard :failfish: They have the exact same damage because strength bonus comes from arrows and armor, not from bows. Neither of the bows can use dragon arrows. Comp bows are also 0.6 seconds slower. Accuracy is irrelevant on pure fights since they have no defense anyway + attack speed is a better stat overall anyway (see dragon darts). The only advantage of a magic comp bow is the 5 prayer bonus lmao, which still doesn't bring it outside the shit tier group weapons.

The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »

Retard :failfish: They have the exact same damage because strength bonus comes from arrows and armor, not from bows. Neither of the bows can use dragon arrows. Comp bows are also 0.6 seconds slower. Accuracy is irrelevant on pure fights since they have no defense anyway + attack speed is a better stat overall anyway (see dragon darts). The only advantage of a magic comp bow is the 5 prayer bonus lmao, which still doesn't bring it outside the shit tier group weapons.

Probably he meant the comp ogre bow, which shoots two arrows at once. To be honest, comp bows are actually decent alchs, magic ones are alching for 250k.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »
@Saligta - it's about Magic, Yew and Willow Comp bows.. :)

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 08:31:39 pm »

But I was talking about what Di Dot throught about, I know perfectly what a composite bow is.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 09:06:10 pm »

But I was talking about what Di Dot throught about, I know perfectly what a composite bow is.
Oh, sorry, mb.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 12:30:36 am »

Probably he meant the comp ogre bow, which shoots two arrows at once.

The suggested changes have nothing to do with that bow.

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:58 am »

Probably he meant the comp ogre bow, which shoots two arrows at once.

The suggested changes have nothing to do with that bow.

i mean comp ogre, nvm

Offline K Naut

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 10:49:44 am »
Also adding like 50 spider eggs to Kolodion common drop would make sense :p
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 11:12:35 am »
As far as Kolodion is mentioned - his drops is already way out of league, seeing how easy it can be killed. Unless changing all herb drops to red spider eggs 30 - 50 noted drop, I can agree on that one. Otherwise, it's no from me.

Offline K Naut

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 01:43:14 pm »
As far as Kolodion is mentioned - his drops is already way out of league, seeing how easy it can be killed. Unless changing all herb drops to red spider eggs 30 - 50 noted drop, I can agree on that one. Otherwise, it's no from me.
Easy or not, it's in the wilderness, has 1200 hp and is a pking hotspot besides edgeville. It's supposed to have decent drops.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Level Down, S Clegane

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 05:13:11 pm »
Obsidian dragon's drops should be enhanced imo. 12 dragonstone tips? 2 addy ores? pretty much the strongest dragons and drops equivalent to barbarian's.
Pages: 1 2