The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Dragonfire Armour.
« on: August 16, 2015, 08:52:46 am »
After a conversation with Mary about new custom items, an idea was brought to me by the Sweg Gods. As you can tell by the title, the idea is: Dragonfire armour.

You obtain this armour by smithing visages on each part of the base armour (Dragon full helm, plate and legs). It would have the same effect as a DFS. I was thinking that it would require a total of 10 visages. 5 for the chest, 3 for the legs and 2 for the helm. Why so many? It will add more value to the armour and will act as a sink for visages. (Depending on the stats of the armour, this could be changed to 1 visage per piece instead of multiple)

As you can probably tell, this suggestion isn't very well thought out. I figured it would be better developing the idea with everyone's feedback!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:55:10 am by Weed4u2 »
The following users liked this post: Fate, Ledomy10

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonfire Armour.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:16:16 am »
This could turn out to be a decent suggestion. Here are some things I'd like to add:
  • The armour (once upgraded) should be degradable and turn back into dragon once fully degraded
    This would make it a good visage sink, instead of sinking visages until everyone has the armour.
  • In my opinion, the armour should only offer a stat boost, no additional dragonfire protection
    Would devalue dfs by a lot, not something I would look for
  • Current Dfs should get a dismantle option to get a visage back
    This will of course destroy the anti dragon shield (which might need an increased shop price so it doesnt get abused by people training smithing) to not only sink visages, but potentially sink dfses as well.
  • The armour should be untradable but drop it's dragon parts on death
    Prevents people from non-risking and would make sure the visages/dfs are sinked.
;
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Fate, Blue Bird

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 05:38:42 pm »
This could turn out to be a decent suggestion. Here are some things I'd like to add:
  • The armour (once upgraded) should be degradable and turn back into dragon once fully degraded
    This would make it a good visage sink, instead of sinking visages until everyone has the armour.
  • In my opinion, the armour should only offer a stat boost, no additional dragonfire protection
    This will of course destroy the anti dragon shield (which might need an increased shop price so it doesnt get abused by people training smithing) to not only sink visages, but potentially sink dfses as well.
    Prevents people from non-risking and would make sure the visages/dfs are sinked.
with he's thought u just got the perfect suggestion! i totaly agree with charr's improvements!

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed
The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Goody

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • We out here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 09:27:13 pm »
sounds like a cool idea, just another thing to make emps unique. charr's improvements sounds nice too

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 02:06:51 am »
Just throwing this into the discussion as an addition to both Charr's and Kane's suggestions:
  • Armour's requirements are equal to the DFS's requirements (75 defence and 75 strength)
  • Armour's defence bonus is equal to Dragon's, but the armour's attack and strength bonuses are equal to Bandos'
  • Armour's unique set-effect makes it the most effective armour against dragons
    • Armour absorbs dragonbreath (whether damaged by it or not) and heals the player for 15% of his/her total health
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:53:03 am by Charr »

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:00:13 am »
Just throwing this into the discussion as an addition to both Charr's and Kane's suggestions:
  • Armour's requirements are equal to the DFS's requirements (75 defence and 75 strength)
  • Armour's defence bonus is equal to Dragon's, but the armour's attack and strength bonuses are equal to Bandos'
    • Armour absorbs dragonbreath (whether damaged by it or not) and heals the player for 15% of his/her total health
with these additions and charr's the suggestion is nearly perfect.i

sweg suggestion meit  8)

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:39:26 am »
I am very fond of this.

It's our decisions that define us

:)

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 11:56:06 am »
Afking mith/steel/black drags at this point. This might need a beating by the level-1 nerf hammer. That aside, this is a good concept. Healing for a % based on what they hit you for is a bit more balanced IMO. 10% per piece and a 20% set bonus? Just throwing that out there, numbers are subject to change.
;

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 01:17:57 pm »
I like this suggestion, would like to see the armour come in-game.

I agree with most of what you have said but as for the untradable part, I think the armour should only be untradable when degraded, if it hasn't been used it should be tradable.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 01:28:36 pm »
I agree with most of what you have said but as for the untradable part, I think the armour should only be untradable when degraded, if it hasn't been used it should be tradable.
We'll have an army of people demanding their money back as soon as they find out it works like that, better to make them untradable in general.
;

Mary

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 02:40:46 pm »
We'll have an army of people demanding their money back as soon as they find out it works like that, better to make them untradable in general.
That makes sense, that way 90 smithing is actually useful to afk dragons/dragon slayer tasks.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 03:34:31 pm »
That makes sense, that way 90 smithing is actually useful to afk dragons/dragon slayer tasks.

Assuming you actually need armor better than addy for afking dragons...

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 04:01:09 pm »

You will for black/bronze/iron/steel/mith/brutal dragons, so that point still stands.
;

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 02:50:01 am »

You will for black/bronze/iron/steel/mith/brutal dragons, so that point still stands.
true , mith dragons can sometimes kill a player easily if they weren't paying attention for a little while.

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 09:44:10 am »
Sweg finally decides to suggest an amazing suggestion!

I definitely agree.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
Pages: 1 2