The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Eliminator

• Liked: 123 times
  • +0/-0
  • Everybody believes they are the good guy.
    • View Profile
Donator rares solution
« on: August 13, 2015, 10:16:28 pm »
I got to thinking there are many donator rares, what if Thomy made it so you could sell donator rares back for a few less points then what they costed. By doing this he could add 3 new donator rares that cost a crap ton of points. By doing this it would eliminate the excess of donor rares in the game. Here is one example sell 66 donator rares (a set of rares) back to the store and you’re able to buy a new expensive donator rare. And or have tiers so instead have two tiers; one of three new donator items that cost 33 rares (or donator points) and a higher tier that costs 66 donator rares.

And to clarify what I meant add three new items for each tier. So lower tier (33 rares) would have three new items and tier with (66 rares) also has three new rares. A list of items that would possibly go in the store may come soon, I’d like to talk to some other staff members before throwing out random items for ideas.

Sorry if this does not make much since, I threw it together in less than two minutes. I plan to add more to it once I have more time, I just wanted to get the idea out there so you guys start thinking about it and can give me suggestions while i'm gone. Thanks Eliminator

Edited:

Alright so, I’ve re-written this with a little more time on my hands.

Here is what I’d like to suggest: Selling back donator rares to the shop for a three fourths of what the original price was. By doing this it would not only allow users to eventually purchase donor rares of their choice (without having to donate) but it would also, force people to donate for the rare of choice – once rares became scarcer. Possibly introducing a new donor rare over a given amount of time, would be a great way of introducing new donor rares. Possibly Emps economy is not ready for the idea that I had previously suggested:
I got to thinking there are many donator rares, what if Thomy made it so you could sell donator rares back for a few less points then what they costed. By doing this he could add 3 new donator rares that cost a crap ton of points. By doing this it would eliminate the excess of donor rares in the game. Here is one example sell 66 donator rares (a set of rares) back to the store and you’re able to buy a new expensive donator rare. And or have tiers so instead have two tiers; one of three new donator items that cost 33 rares (or donator points) and a higher tier that costs 66 donator rares.

And to clarify what I meant add three new items for each tier. So lower tier (33 rares) would have three new items and tier with (66 rares) also has three new rares. A list of items that would possibly go in the store may come soon, I’d like to talk to some other staff members before throwing out random items for ideas.
that’s fine.   So instead maybe we can lower the cost of what each tier would cost so instead of it being 33 or 66 rares like suggested before maybe we can make it so it would be 5 and 10. Anyhow I guess it’s time to see what the players say.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:47:51 pm by Eliminator »

- Drugs are bad, mmkay -

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people." - Charlie Chaplin

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." - Scott Adams
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Fate, Tgod Bro, 66destroyer3, Str8att7, Ledomy10, Keiskelar, 2 Sexy For U, Blue Bird

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Donator rares solution
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 12:47:25 am »
Here's what I would love to see:

So each month there is a new item/set added to the donor store. By the end of the month that item/set will no longer be available, thus becoming rare. However, to purchase the monthly exclusive, it will either cost you a ton of rares or a ton of real money. This will limit the amount of exclusive items being added into the game; there are only so many rares in game.

I have no clue how many months this would go for. But if the big boss upstairs and the rest of the staff team like it, I'm sure something can be sorted.

Edit: Just to clarify a few things, you will NOT be able to trade in a rare for another. As this defeats the purpose of getting rares out of the game.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:30:47 am by Weed4u2 »
The following users liked this post: Fate, Skillz Purez, Eliminator, Str8att7, Ledomy10, Keiskelar, Blue Bird

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 01:02:31 am »
That's would be great i agree with that ,

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:11:51 am »
nice suggestion , at least people can be encouraged to donate more if this idea is accepted.

Offline Dan7

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:22 am »
True

To much rares,and sometime impossible to sell.

Agree. ;D
Dylan

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:37:17 am »
Can't really call them "rares" right now, well they never were rares tbh. Something should be done about that.
What could that monthly exclusive item be? Purely cosmetic or with some kind of use? Tradeable or not?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 06:42:20 pm »
You want it because you have rare set, but no one wants it...
Wouldnt mind it though.

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 08:12:26 pm »
I would only agree to this if these new rares were untradeable, you forget not everyone has 100-150M to spend on donator sets, which is why they're so difficult to get rid of.

This suggestion is due to not being able to sell the rares off to other players? Have you considered dropping the price/selling one rare at a time?

This is just like adding new rares into the game, not oldschool rares but still rares, and I believe martin said they won't be coming, so again I would only like to see this happen if these new "mega donator items" let's call them, were untradeable.

A lot of people will disagree with what I've said and I understand trading in your donator set(100-150M) for a non tradeable donator rare sounds stupid. Look at this way, you can't sell the donators as a set, so you want the option to trade it in for a new item that costs the same amount of points as a donator set? If it were to be tradeable, who would be able to afford it if you wanted to sell it? You'd be right back to square one.

Either they are untradeable, or they're not limited to a month. What if only one person manages to buy a "mega rare" that's in the shop for a month? It then becomes a one in-game item and they can sell it for however much they like.

Just my opinion. :)

P.S: The last part was a brief reply to Kane's(Weed4u2) suggestion about the new items only being in the shop for a month.

EDIT: After viewing your market topic(not the place to talk about it but it's relevant to your suggestion) I noticed you're selling the rares for 15M each? You're complaining you can't sell your rares but you're asking for ridiculous prices like 15M a rare?

I think this suggestion is overall a good suggestion, but I also think it's more of a suggestion to benefit yourself, not many people own all of the donator sets apart from yourself and possibly Hell Skyline. ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:20:07 pm by Deandam7 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:22 pm »
Selling rares back to the store for let's say half the points definitely doesn't sound like a bad idea. However I don't really think there's an excess of rares, these "mega rares" aren't really needed, I'd much rather have more 'normal' rares.

Did you come to the conclusion that there was an excess when trying to sell most of your rares for 150% of the price while not breaking sets? Someone might want to buy a rune partyhat for his outfit but doesn't want the other 65 rares and most likely doesn't have the money for them either. Try selling them apart from eachother and most of them will be gone in no-time. Not to mention if there is an actual excess of supply compared to demand, prices should lower. Rare prices have been stable, even since the donor point change.

While I'm all for item sinks, rares aren't all that high on the priority list of items that need sinking. A sell-back-for-half-the-points option would be more than plenty to prevent an oversupply of rares.

/End
;

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 05:03:24 am »
Here's what I would love to see:

So each month there is a new item/set added to the donor store. By the end of the month that item/set will no longer be available, thus becoming rare. However, to purchase the monthly exclusive, it will either cost you a ton of rares or a ton of real money. This will limit the amount of exclusive items being added into the game; there are only so many rares in game.

I have no clue how many months this would go for. But if the big boss upstairs and the rest of the staff team like it, I'm sure something can be sorted.

Edit: Just to clarify a few things, you will NOT be able to trade in a rare for another. As this defeats the purpose of getting rares out of the game.

This would bring in a lot of custom for Thomy and the game itself. I agree more with Kanes suggestion, to be honest.

Offline Eliminator

• Liked: 123 times
  • +0/-0
  • Everybody believes they are the good guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 07:37:07 pm »
EDIT: After viewing your market topic(not the place to talk about it but it's relevant to your suggestion) I noticed you're selling the rares for 15M each? You're complaining you can't sell your rares but you're asking for ridiculous prices like 15M a rare?

Did you come to the conclusion that there was an excess when trying to sell most of your rares for 150% of the price while not breaking sets? Someone might want to buy a rune partyhat for his outfit but doesn't want the other 65 rares and most likely doesn't have the money for them either. Try selling them apart from eachother and most of them will be gone in no-time.

I could care less if I sold them or not, thats one reason as to why they are priced so high. Also I'm not complaining I cannot sell rares, I don't know if you've noticed but all my suggestions have been based after events that i've gone through on Emps. Also, I do not look for self gain. I could care less about self gain. I do know that i'm not the only one who has wanted to collect a rare set. Hence why i'm selling the set and why its priced like it is. If you've gone through the trouble of trying to complete a rare set you'd also understand why they are priced like they are. I've not tried to sell a rare set since that post.

- Drugs are bad, mmkay -

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people." - Charlie Chaplin

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." - Scott Adams

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 08:59:43 am »
Well "Mega rares" could be old schools even tho some of the richest players woudent like this idea. Im sure im not the only one who would like to see myself wearing an oldschool aigan :) These could could still cost something like 50 rares or so.
Pages: 1