The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
Desert mining camp
« on: May 06, 2017, 10:32:37 pm »
I'd like to see a new member feature which making this place useful for training mining for members players because barbarian is crowded most of the time.
Which includes adding bank there and also some ores.

The following users liked this post: Themarfish, Jandar

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
Re: Desert mining camp
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:13:29 am »
I'd like to see a new member feature which making this place useful for training mining for members players because barbarian is crowded most of the time.
Which includes adding bank there and also some ores.

Simple suggestion with good purpose. I do not see why it should not be added, though it would not be added soon as it will not be focused because it's not crucial update, thank you for suggesting it.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 10:19:35 am »
Wouldn't mind seeing the entire desert getting a look at it. It's a bit dated content, smoke dungeon and shooting star are really the only reasons people go to it.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 10:45:53 am »
Lumby swamp has rocks already there but the nearest bank is a mile away. There's also a crap load of unused space in the dwarven mine. More addy rock could be added since there's only like 2 or 3 atm.

the only reasons people go to it.

It's a desert. There's sand. What else did you expect to find from there? How often do you find yourself wanting to go to the middle of the Saharan desert irl?

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 10:53:43 am »
I feel like there are already more than enough skilling locations combined in 2 worlds and i've been mining a lot lately and can honestly say that barbarian isn't so busy that we need more mining locations. And its not like Falador is on a lock down, you can still mine there very efficently.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 05:27:28 pm »
I feel like there are already more than enough skilling locations combined in 2 worlds and i've been mining a lot lately and can honestly say that barbarian isn't so busy that we need more mining locations. And its not like Falador is on a lock down, you can still mine there very efficently.
Anyone using falador to mine should also send their computer to a different country so that they have roughly the same travel time to it as it takes for you to bank the ores from falador mine if they ever want to play emps.
;

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 05:32:31 pm »
Anyone using falador to mine should also send their computer to a different country so that they have roughly the same travel time to it as it takes for you to bank the ores from falador mine if they ever want to play emps.
Well that's the point of it. If the fastest skilling methods are occupied by other players you either try to outrun them or you take the slower path. If your argument is that it takes too long in falador we might as well create a place with 20 rocks of each kind with a bank in the middle so it would take no time whatsoever.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »
Well that's the point of it. If the fastest skilling methods are occupied by other players you either try to outrun them or you take the slower path. If your argument is that it takes too long in falador we might as well create a place with 20 rocks of each kind with a bank in the middle so it would take no time whatsoever.
Or we could make falador just as good so that you aren't forced to slower exp rates because of other people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Getting off-topic though, I'll stop.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 06:25:59 pm »
Or we could make falador just as good so that you aren't forced to slower exp rates because of other people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Getting off-topic though, I'll stop.

Swamp :smorc:
How is discussing mining locations off-topic on a topic about a mining location? smh...

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 11:21:51 pm »
The main idea is to add new member feature regarding mining skill.

That's the perfect place where to add it since al-kharid desert is dead content.

This has nothing to do with falador mining guild.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 08:59:58 am »

That's the perfect place where to add it since al-kharid desert is dead content.

Let's be realistic here, for at least a second.

Why add more content to a game that is already filled with it? The Desert is huge-ass area with only a single place worth going to: the Smoke Dungeon. A single mining location will not save it, especially when it's locked behind membership. This is the exact reason why already existing locations as the Falador mine and the Lumbridge Swamp should be taken into the account, to prevent more and more dead content being added to the game. It's called discussion, not off-topic you braindead buckets.

There's the portion of the map which I currently consider ''active'' in Emps. The red outlines show the size of the desert without Al-Kharid and there's a tiny bit missing from the right bottom corner which would cover Lumby completely. We could fit the whole entire game to that Desert. Yes, it's that big. There's no point in adding more content to an area that is so enormous when we have so few players. Instead we should try to make content as concentrated as possible to make the game world feel at least somewhat alive for fucks sake. Why would I ever want play a multiplayer game in which I never even met anyone?

Offline H3lix

• Liked: 50 times
  • +0/-0
  • Il Pk I [01|May 10:35 pm]: lucifer was great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 12:53:09 pm »

Let's be realistic here, for at least a second.

Why add more content to a game that is already filled with it? The Desert is huge-ass area with only a single place worth going to: the Smoke Dungeon. A single mining location will not save it, especially when it's locked behind membership. This is the exact reason why already existing locations as the Falador mine and the Lumbridge Swamp should be taken into the account, to prevent more and more dead content being added to the game. It's called discussion, not off-topic you braindead buckets.

There's the portion of the map which I currently consider ''active'' in Emps. The red outlines show the size of the desert without Al-Kharid and there's a tiny bit missing from the right bottom corner which would cover Lumby completely. We could fit the whole entire game to that Desert. Yes, it's that big. There's no point in adding more content to an area that is so enormous when we have so few players. Instead we should try to make content as concentrated as possible to make the game world feel at least somewhat alive for fucks sake. Why would I ever want play a multiplayer game in which I never even met anyone?
I just replied to you to get post count
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 08:56:03 am »
Add Sand Crabs(or other desert creature) for training pures here. Their drops would be noted ores (1 - 5) up to adamant with a rare possibility of getting 25 runite ore noted(1/1000). Aggressive, attacks with melee, max hit is 2. Finishing strike must be done with pickaxe otherwise wouldn't give additional mining exp. Let's say if they were to have 50 Hitpoints - 1000 mining exp. The surrounding area in camp place with clay and with water source in there to get soft clay easily. And of course, bank inside. Would be good for those who don't have 40 crafting to mine clay fast enough. So, sand crabs won't attack you while banking, bank could be placed inside one of those tents.

Off-topic:

Where in the hell is Desert Strykewyrm suggestion here? How come nobody wants it to come ing?...

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »
Where in the hell is Desert Strykewyrm suggestion here? How come nobody wants it to come ing?...

Cuz adding monsters for the sake of having just another new monster in the game isn't smart in the slightest. It'll end up as dead content if they have no unique rewards. Seeing as the desert is already full of dead content apart from the deeper part of the smoke dungeon, I personally don't see a need to add anything new to there before revitalizing the already existing content. It takes less time to work on already existing content since the base is already there, cutting the development time.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 05:18:19 am »

Cuz adding monsters for the sake of having just another new monster in the game isn't smart in the slightest. It'll end up as dead content if they have no unique rewards. Seeing as the desert is already full of dead content apart from the deeper part of the smoke dungeon, I personally don't see a need to add anything new to there before revitalizing the already existing content. It takes less time to work on already existing content since the base is already there, cutting the development time.

Then how about Sandstone/Granite mining spot there for powermining? Without any bank there?
Pages: 1