The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
Dart tips
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:19:22 am »
I'd suggest adding dart tips ranging from Mithril to Rune in the monster/slayer monster drop table. This would give players a different way to train fletching other then the traditional bow stringing or arrow-making(takes a lot of time/effort) method, considering you can take just dart tips and feathers and go about bossing and/or slaying or whatever. This would also be a great way to introduce fletch-able darts into the economy(they're there, but no one bothers to smith the tips which is the only way to obtain them currently, they're pretty much dead content) and would make a great/cheap alternative to the dragon darts.

I'd like to get into more detail about what monsters should drop them(and how many) but i'd like to see your opinion about this, I want to know if people actually want this so I don't go about busting my ass for something that wont even be wanted in the first place.

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Re: Dart tips
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:33:42 am »
If we did this I would like Dragon dart tips to also be a drop.
Agreed, good suggestion Daniel.

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 11:57:57 am »
Inb4 toxic blowpipe comes in game and trashes game economy with using darts. :o
No, seriously, joking. 8)

I agree. Darts, excluding dragon, are rarely used by rangers, though they have good accuracy and speed for the price they are costing at the moment. It should be involved in many more activities, to use ammo and supply section to it's fullest. ::)

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:34:52 pm »
This would give players a different way to train fletching other then the traditional bow stringing or arrow-making(takes a lot of time/effort) method
Lol. It takes no effort or time at all, it's basically one of the easiest skill to get 200m in. Idk what the hell you think easy skills are.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »
This would give players a different way to train fletching other then the traditional bow stringing or arrow-making(takes a lot of time/effort) method, considering you can take just dart tips and feathers and go about bossing and/or slaying or whatever.
The thing is, the traditional method will get you 100m exp in 23 hours. This can already be done, bolts, arrows and darts can already be made via smithing. The darts below dragon won't really see much use. I wouldn't mind dart tip drops, but I don't think they are necessary.
;

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »
This would give players a different way to train fletching other then the traditional bow stringing or arrow-making(takes a lot of time/effort) method, considering you can take just dart tips and feathers and go about bossing and/or slaying or whatever.
The thing is, the traditional method will get you 100m exp in 23 hours. This can already be done, bolts, arrows and darts can already be made via smithing. The darts below dragon won't really see much use. I wouldn't mind dart tip drops, but I don't think they are necessary.
This would give players a different way to train fletching other then the traditional bow stringing or arrow-making(takes a lot of time/effort) method
Lol. It takes no effort or time at all, it's basically one of the easiest skill to get 200m in. Idk what the hell you think easy skills are.

the exp rates for making rune darts are already really low, and getting 200m fletching with darts is ridiculous, Xp rates wouldn't be the issue here.

Offline Ironman Jack

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
  • For those I love I will sacrifice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 12:39:19 am »
I agree with adding it because darts are dead content and offer another range option for noobs with ironmen like myself.
Purple since January 2016
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot
Pages: 1