The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Mary

Daily login rewards (Daily events)
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:49:37 pm »
To keep people playing regularily I came up with an idea, and it immediately also includes the now relatively obsolete Event Points: Daily rewards for when you log in (very similar to the daily tasks system rs3 has).

Lots of games already implemented some mechanic or other that refers to this, but this one will not include a direct reward for logging in: you have to keep playing that day to earn it. Don't worry, it won't take hours to complete the bonus, it is aimed to give people a small purpose that they can do everyday, and they will be rewarded for doing it. Don't wanna do it? No worries, you won't lose out that much other than a bit of xp and event points for cosmetics/double xp scrolls.

Rules are as followed: Every player that signs in every day or exactly 24 hours or more after their last login, receive a notification. This notification explains what bonus you get for logging in that day, what you need to do, and what you get for completing it.

Example:

Variations in mechanics

1. The timer resets at 00:00 GMT everynight, if you are offline, allowing players to get their login reward instantly after 00:00, or twice in a row quickly. The timer will not run out if you have not logged out before and during 00:00.

2. The timer resets exactly 24:00 hours after your last login reward. This allows for a more evenly distribution and more opportunity and exactly 24h to complete your daily event, but if you log in at 5 pm the first time, you will have to log in next day after 5PM to receive your daily event, stacking up to later and later everyday.

3. Besides the popup and the reminders in your chatbox, there could be a npc to track your daily event at the Grand exchange, and you can collect your reward there. The reward could also be automatically completed and received, as you do not need any inventory space, just a notification in your chatbox saying you completed it and gained your rewards.

Variations in Daily events

Daily events can consist out of the following things (amounts and tasks will be matched with your combat and skill levels on certain instances):
  • Bonus experience for a number of XP gaining instances of all skills: the next 200 logs give 50% extra, the next 200 items crafted will grant 50% extra, etc. Lower numbers if the level of a skill is lower (e.g. level <50 woodcutting only gives bonus xp for 50 logs).
  • Bonus tickets for playing selected minigames (might be annoying, not all minigames are active everyday)
  • Kill a number of a monster (matches your combat level with that of the target(s).)
  • Kill a number of slayer monsters you are capable to kill (triggers on accounts with membership and slayer levels)
  • Player killing (triggered for accounts with 1 defence and higher than average cb)
  • Creating or obtaining a number of a selected item (you are 99 smithing and get a task to make 20 rune platebodies/you have to collect 20 blue dragon scales, etc). For the skills smithing, fletching, cooking, crafting, farming, runecrafting. These tasks are smaller but harder to complete, for higher levels, and grant more experience than regular 'do this skill'  tasks.
  • Complete certain instances in the Warrior's guild a number of times

Variations in rewards

1. You will not get your bonus experience instantly, but after you complete the daily event. This will push people to complete their daily event, but they will return completely empty handed if they are unable to complete the daily event before the day ends. (you cut 190 logs, you don't get any xp but you couldnt get to 200 to complete it for the full bonus).
It will feel more rewarding however to complete it, as you get a whole batch of XP in one go rather than a little bit of XP with every instance you complete.

2. Your bonus experience can be a flat bonus or a percentage bonus. A percentage (e.g. extra 50% smithing xp on top of 200 xp granted for smithing a rune bar) will encourage players to complete the highest xp gaining instances (smith rune instead of bronze), whereas a flat amount is easier but can be unbalanced (flat xp is more acceptable for players who are not really willing to spend time to complete the daily event). Flat is easier to make, especially when it is combined into a end reward rather than a xp reward with every xp instance you get. It will have to be balanced on skill level.

3. You will get increasingly more rewards when you complete your daily events everyday in a row. For example: you gain 10 EP instead of 1EP for the next daily event you complete, if you completed 10 daily events in a row. This will drive people to log in and play everyday to receive as much rewards possible and build their account.

Let me know what you think!

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
Re: Daily login rewards (Daily events)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:57:44 pm »
Daily tasks rewards* Yes for that but I don't really like rewards that automatically been given once you login ._.

However, I still support 90% of this suggestion.

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:35 pm »
Would get people to get off their behinds and do stuff. Would get people that normally don't do certain activities try new things. It would get people to log in every day instead of waiting for dxp. This could be used to point players to content they haven't discovered, it's a really good way of showing players something every day. The concept of this suggestion is very good. Event points as rewards are great. Not too sure about the exp, but with this good of an idea that doesn't really matter.

/End
;

Offline Dan7

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 11:17:45 pm »
Very,Simple I think more Players will log in and =500-1k Players.
Dylan

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 11:25:01 pm »
This is a great suggestion. I am in full support.

• Bonus tickets for playing selected minigames (might be annoying, not all minigames are active everyday)

I think getting bonus tickets for selected minigames will help the minigames become a little more active.

Mary

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 02:11:15 am »
Thanks for the support!

Daily tasks rewards* Yes for that but I don't really like rewards that automatically been given once you login ._.

Uhh:

.. this one will not include a direct reward for logging in: you have to keep playing that day to earn it.
or do you rather mean an instance (npc etc) where you can get your daily event, not a notification that immediately is received when logged in?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:36:11 am by Mary »

Offline Angila Joli

• Liked: 371 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 02:17:28 am »
sounds cool,that would be more worth to spent 12 hour daily playing.!
"don't judge a book by its cover "

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 02:39:07 am »
I remember Ozzy mentioning something similar to this.

Full support!
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 03:24:48 am »
whoa. a reliable, non-arbitrary source of event points? count me in

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 08:50:07 am »
Thanks for the support!

Uhh:

.. this one will not include a direct reward for logging in: you have to keep playing that day to earn it.
or do you rather mean an instance (npc etc) where you can get your daily event, not a notification that immediately is received when logged in?
Nono, not 'how to obtain it' but the thing you have to do to be able to obtain it, like 'NOT TOTALLY FREE'.

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 09:16:48 am »
awesome suggestion, it will get all players more active, i support :)

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 09:21:21 am »
Great idea, and the tasks aren't that difficult and are made/based on your combat level. I support this idea :)

Offline Hazerofdoom

• Liked: 56 times
  • +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 01:00:59 pm »
Sounds like a great engaging thing for players to look forward too each day.
I think what Emps needs right now is daily events / tasks to keep each day kind of different from the last in a way.
I support this a lot. :D
Need help about an issue like account and item recovery?
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Want information about something in game?
The wiki is exactly for that!

The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 06:42:00 pm »
Amazing suggestion!

I'm looking forward to seeing it coming in game.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »
Man, it would only take 5 months to get the quest cape with the suggested EP rates :kappa:

I agree with the daily tasks, but bonus XP for a game as easy as Emps? nty. We have double XP weekends already ._.

You want more things for players to do? Then don't give them a chance to max out in a month ._.
Pages: 1 2