The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Daily bonuses
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:06:50 am »
I've been thinking that instead of the usual double xp and double minigame tickets, we could have a few different more specific bonuses every day.
How this would work is that every day there would be a notification saying "Day of *", where * is some type of a theme for the bonuses, followed by a list of bonuses for that day. These bonuses could apply to all sorts of activities, such as training skills, killing NPCs or playing minigames. These could be predetermined on some days (for example they could be used to introduce new content right after updates) and picked randomly at other days.

Some examples of what these bonuses could be (the percentages don't have to be what I say and there can be more bonuses on each day, but it should probably be kept between 2-5 bonuses per day):

Day of the Warrior
+50% Attack, Strength, Defence and Hitpoints experience in melee combat.
Special attack regenerates 30% faster.
Double Warrior's Guild tokens.

Day of the Archer
+50% Ranged and Hitpoints experience in ranged combat.
+30% chance of saving ammunition when firing ranged weapons. (Stacks with Ava and Max cape bumping them up to 80% arrows saved and also saves 30% of arrows without them.)
Tower archers guard the Grand exchange. (Just spawn like 10-20 of them in the Grand exchange)

Day of Foresters
+50% Woodcutting, Firemaking and Fletching experience.
+50% chance of acquiring Crushed nests while cutting trees. (Could also make it so that all trees give crushed nests on that day)
Double farming experience for growing trees.

Day of Pest Control
Double Pest Control tokens.
Portals inside Pest control have 200 hitpoints and are unlocked twice as quickly.
Pest Control rounds last half as long and the maximum damage is halved from 2k to 1k.
(TL;DR: Same amount of tokens for half the effort)

Day of the Undead
+10% damage against the undead. (Stacks with salve amulet)
+50% Barrows Brothers rewards. (Multiply the count of Barrows Brothers killed by 1.5, rounded down, before awarding rewards, so it's up to 9 rewards with all 6 Barrows Brothers killed)
Killing 300 ghosts awards players with an untradeable version of a GA ticket. (Can be claimed only once per player)

Day of the Mage
+50% Magic and Hitpoints experience when using magic.
+20% chance of preserving runes on cast. (Stacks with Staff of light)
Wizards have a 0.5% chance of dropping Mage's Book.

Day of the Monk
+100% Prayer experience while wearing Monk's robes. (Stacks with altar bonuses in POH for up to 450% xp)
Prayer potions restore 20% more prayer points. (But not restore pots, maybe some other day)
Prayer points regenerate while resting. (at around the same rate or slightly faster than they drain with a single prayer on, so that people can sit around with prayer icons over their heads, because why not)
Monks wander around Varrock. (spawn several around the town and a few inside the GE as well)

Day of Tzhaar
+10% damage against Tzhaar monsters. (including all monsters inside the Jad minigame)
+50% tokkul drops. (including Jad minigame rewards)
Every 10th kill in fight pits awards an event point. (Max 10 event points for 100 kills per player or if that's too much then 1 event point every 20th kill for a max of 5 event points?)

Day of Emps Wars
Damage increased by 20% inside the Emps-Wars minigame. (Against both other players and any of the NPCs)
+50% Emps Wars ticket rewards. (rounded up)
Wearing Saradomin or Zamorak team cape and hood together turns players into Ice Queen or Fareed accordingly. (Same effect as pnpc command, operating either of them while wearing both activates it, operating them again turns it off, doesn't work in wilderness or minigames)

Day of Extra Rewards
10% chance of getting another casket of the same tier when opening one. (Or whatever Jp said, I haven't done clue scrolls, also same thing with fishing caskets)
20% chance of getting another voting reward box when opening one. (Rare boxes may award any or all of the other 3 reward boxes)
30% chance of getting another reward from burnt chest and crystal chest. (why not?)
Shooting stars contain 2 uncut onyxes and appear twice as often.

These are some examples (I don't know if all of them are doable), more could be added later. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:18:53 am by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Skill0wzer, Jhonson, Emps Loover, Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Daily bonuses
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:13:06 am »
Day of the Gatherer
50% Fishing, Cooking, Farming and Herblore experience.
30% chance of getting an extra herb or fish while Farming and Fishing

Anyways, I like this idea! Should motivate players to train a specific skill!
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:59:48 am »
Some clue scroll bonus? 10% chance to get an extra casket of same tier whenever you open one?
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 09:46:48 pm »
Some clue scroll bonus? 10% chance to get an extra casket of same tier whenever you open one?
no, for that.

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:50 am »
no, for that.
Why not? 10% doesn't seem too OP, so it looks to me like it could be a nice surprise without actually making much of a difference. But I haven't done clue scrolls so I appreciate feedback from those who have.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 10:49:23 am »
I really like this idea, I had something similar in mind for some time
However I'd like to see something like this,

for example,
if its Day of the Warrior, then you'll have to gain at least 100k xp in the 3 skills combined before u can enable it.
so its more like having to do something at some point to get rewarded later, 100k xp shouldn't be a problem to almost anyone.
the reason I didn't mention a higher number is because 100k could take up to 20 mins for new players to gain so better than going all crazy about it.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Tulrak, S Clegane

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 12:13:15 pm »
I really like this idea, I had something similar in mind for some time
However I'd like to see something like this,

for example,
if its Day of the Warrior, then you'll have to gain at least 100k xp in the 3 skills combined before u can enable it.
so its more like having to do something at some point to get rewarded later, 100k xp shouldn't be a problem to almost anyone.
the reason I didn't mention a higher number is because 100k could take up to 20 mins for new players to gain so better than going all crazy about it.
It could work on some days but I think that most of them should be immediately available. For example people shouldn't be expected to get 100k prayer xp before they start getting a prayer bonus, but instead I've kept the prayer bonus easily accessible as it takes less than 100 gp to buy monk's robes from the store in Rimmington. I think that it would be better to have people log in every day wondering what the bonuses for that day are, instead of having people log in wondering what they'll be required to do that day. (Daily tasks already cover that)
I know that it's not much, but it could ruin the mood by looking more like a burden than a bonus.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:29:33 pm by Tulrak »
Pages: 1