The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Corporal beast
« on: September 06, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

If you have any constructive feedback, please post it below. If you simply agree with the suggestion you can thank the post, no need to spam.

With spirit shield prices crashing and crashing and crashing, and more and more people doing corp. I think it's time for some changes. Corp is too easy to solo or kill in small groups and may just be too easy in general. Someone in full void with an anger weapon can get 2-3 kills solo pretty easily. There are a few things I'd like to talk about.

The phases
  • Currently, corp has 2 phases, the first prays range and magic and does mostly melee damage, the second doesn't pray and does mostly magic damage. These phases are acceptable but the time you get in between is not. It gives people too much room to breathe, people could teleport out and the fight would literally pause for them. It's a boss fight, literally giving people a break mid boss fight isn't good boss design.
  • A solution could be to merge the phases into one and having corp switch prayers much like Astrea Frostweb. This would encourage players to use multiple attack styles or varying special attack weapons on corp, more strategy is never a bad idea. (Note: if possible make zgs and dscim specs work on corp)
  • Another solution would be to have a group of monsters spawn to keep the player busy while corp is changing phases. Tormented wraiths could be a very good idea for this. They could steal away prayer points on hit and would be very troublesome throughout the fight if left alone.
Boss mechanics
  • 2nd phase magic attack is a joke, you could pretty easily tank a few of these without having trouble finishing up your kill. Getting hit should be more punishing, increase the damage and possibly make it teleport you away from corp. Making it hit through prayer could also be a solution.
  • The dark energy core; for some reason it's not there. This is what made corp the pain it was to solo in RS, and it should be added to our corp. It's basically something that will drain your health if you stand close to it and transfer it to corp. Move away from it to stop it's damage, it will jump to you every now and then. It could also be added as a pet drop from corp, which I think a lot of players might like.
Aside from all that, the droptable is perfectly fine for corp and so are the droprates. One thing I would like to see is a little buff to the operate option for spirit shields, as people rarely seem to use it in combat. I know some people might think this is a bad suggestion due to the fact that it slows down their moneymaking, but it's probably better to save the method by making it a bit harder than to let the prices crash.

Opinions?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:43:04 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, The Ava, Kena, Hazerofdoom

Offline Mtn Alin0

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
  • #makeitbounce
    • View Profile
Re: Corporal beast
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »
hmm.. i dont like idea of these things which drains your prayers.. already prayer going fast.. instead i agree with making corp to do more damage and maybe making corps defense bit bigger? these might make corp little bit harded to kill ? the prices are dropping.. but i kind of like corp how it is already tho.. so idk.. tho same with rod, price just keeps dropping.. even sdc is already hard.. and also i love the pet idea.. its always good to have more pets ing! other monsters should have pet drops too! more pets ftw!

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 09:42:19 pm »
So you want to buff Corporeal beast?

Why not buff all of the bosses in World? They're all god damn easy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:43:57 pm by Shoaib »
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:51:09 pm »
hmm.. i dont like idea of these things which drains your prayers.. already prayer going fast.. instead i agree with making corp to do more damage and maybe making corps defense bit bigger? these might make corp little bit harded to kill ? the prices are dropping.. but i kind of like corp how it is already tho.. so idk.. tho same with rod, price just keeps dropping.. even sdc is already hard.. and also i love the pet idea.. its always good to have more pets ing! other monsters should have pet drops too! more pets ftw!
The main thing is it drains health, prayer is already quite easy to restore with pots. Corps defense does not need a buff. Corp itself wouldn't really change much, you would just have to pay attention to a few different things.

I'd more than gladly write up suggestions for each and every boss. But that's not how it needs to be. We need a multitude of easy bosses in the game. Corp is the one I feel needed to be made harder for small groups or soloers, thus I suggested it. Do you have anything on-topic to say?
;

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:00 pm »
The main thing is it drains health, prayer is already quite easy to restore with pots. Corps defense does not need a buff. Corp itself wouldn't really change much, you would just have to pay attention to a few different things.

I'd more than gladly write up suggestions for each and every boss. But that's not how it needs to be. We need a multitude of easy bosses in the game. Corp is the one I feel needed to be made harder for small groups or soloers, thus I suggested it. Do you have anything on-topic to say?
What do you mean by "We need a multitude of easy bosses in the game"? All four bosses in god wars is a joke, people with dragon armour afk General Graardor like if he's a blue dragon l0l
Besides we already have bosses like that demon in 3rd floor of slayer tower and chaos elemental and those ghosts at the graveyard that drop pvp armour

Well, specifically for Corporeal beast, might aswell add the dark core npc and buff the attacks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:18:13 pm by Shoaib »

Offline Levenloos

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
  • it's time to go hard or go home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:38 pm »
well after 121312424235 kills and no sigil i wouldn't like this either sorry

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:53:32 pm »
What do you mean by "We need a multitude of easy bosses in the game"? All four bosses in god wars is a joke, people with dragon armour afk General Graardor like if he's a blue dragon l0l
Besides we already have bosses like that demon in 3rd floor of slayer tower and chaos elemental and those ghosts at the graveyard that drop pvp armour

Well, specifically for Corporeal beast, might aswell add the dark core npc and buff the attacks
I mean we'll need something to compare something 'hard' to, because if everything is hard, nothing is. A good amount of people also isn't all for challenging bosses, which is why we shouldn't go as far as to change everything. You are definitely overestimating how far someone can get in full dragon, even in bandos it's pretty hard to get 10+ solo kills a trip nowadays.

I'm questioning how relevant your knowledge on bosses in emps is, as there have been a lot of changes to both the bonuses of items and the bosses themselves.

Chaos elemental and spectrals both have an extra risk factor of them being in the wilderness, this should be counted for and doesn't exactly make them all that easy. Chronozon also isn't to be taken lightly as even while safespotting his melee attacks it's recommended to use onyx bolts or blood barrage to make sure you don't need a ton of food.

I hope that fills it all in, regardless, that last sentence was all I needed from you, thanks.

well after 121312424235 kills and no sigil i wouldn't like this either sorry
Luck has nothing to do with a boss being well designed or not. Corp being harder would open it up more to suggesting increased droprates, not that I'd support that. Please consider giving actual feedback.
;

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 10:23:06 am »
i don't see a good reason not to agree,the prices are crashing so hard, before 2-3 months spirit shields were between
200-300m if I'm correct, so buffing corporeal beast to a certain degree would at least help keeping it from crashing

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 08:51:30 pm »
Off topic: Chronzon will never hit you if you pray magic

On topic:
A buff to the corporeal beast would he acceptable. The only thing I have against this is him occasionally a hitting through prayer. That would be incredibly annoying, and would just make people end up safing like mad and never hitting.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 10:06:28 pm »
Off topic: Chronzon will never hit you if you pray magic

On topic:
A buff to the corporeal beast would he acceptable. The only thing I have against this is him occasionally a hitting through prayer. That would be incredibly annoying, and would just make people end up safing like mad and never hitting.

He does hit through prayer.

The one thing that would hit through prayer for corp would be the magic attack that you can sidestep.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:21:38 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 10:00:48 am »
These are a lot of nice suggestions. I agree that you can easy solo Corporal Beast. A suggestion that I fully support is that the magic attack of Corporal beast needs to be more punishing. Most of its hits are just a 0 hit, so you don't have to move and you can keep attacking it. Draining your prayer points would be a nice punishment.
Pages: 1