The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Competitive Mode: Seasonal Event
« on: April 12, 2019, 10:45:19 am »
Hello, everyone. I've realized that there is a lot of hype around old school rares and was thinking of a fair/competitive way to introduce more into the game (also add new exclusive ones). I figured why not a seasonal competition? I would like to introduce Competitive Mode to Emps-World... it's basically the same as ironman mode but instead of 80 experience per hit you will only receive 10 experience per hit.

How will the winner be chosen?
Option 1: The first player to max their account will be declared the winner of the season.
Option 2: Players are given a deadline and the account with the most experience after the competition is over will be declared the winner.
(all competitive accounts will be wiped once a season is over)

How often should this competition be hosted?
Option 1: Seasonal (Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring)
Option 2: Once a year

Would this be something you guys would like to see, we would love to hear your opinions!
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Mode: Seasonal Event
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 11:54:07 am »
I love the idea behind this, but I think this sort of events is only for a specific group of players.
Let's divide the Emps-World community into 3 groups: Skillers, Pvmers and PVPers. I personally don't like skilling at all, Pvming is okay for me but I don't enjoy it. So players who share my opinion are already left out for this event. Maybe we could come up with an event which attracts both three groups. Or maybe different sort of events (during winter one for skillers, during summer one for pvmers, during spring one for pvpers etc...)

So to summarize: I think this is a really great idea, but I think it won't attract all players or only a specific group of players.

Offline Mumm

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Kek
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:49:40 pm »
It would probably have to be like dmm if you'd want to satisfy all 3 groups: PKers, skillers and PvMers.
The following users liked this post: Antebellum

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 01:10:49 pm »
Haven't heard of any hype around oldschools tbf, it's pretty important to know whats coming before suggesting
In theory I would be down for different categories

) Grind
) Rng
) Pk

Don't like the idea of combining events into one long one(dmm), would rather have different ones with different difficulty. Always a good idea to throw a rng duel area in there for people that can't pk or play for extended periods.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:14:10 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 05:24:37 pm »
I would like to thank you all for the feedback! How about if we have 3 winners for each season, one winner for each category?

Best Skiller of the season (Highest total exp on skilling skills only)
Best Pvmer of the season (Highest value of items in bank from monster drops) (Competitive accounts will not be able to trade items/coins)
Best Pvp'er of the season (Member with the most ELO) <- I know this can be farmed, but staff will keep an eye on pvp'ers and permanently ban any players cheating on sight.

Also, I would like to mention that the rewards can be many things. The reward doesn't have to focus on old school oldies, we can give new items away that are only obtainable through this event... I will not put too much thought on the reward, I would like to bring in a new/unique fun way to introduce seasonal events to Emps-World for everyone to enjoy! Would this be a way to get everyone involved, let me know what you think!

The following users liked this post: Emps Loover, S Clegane
Pages: 1